HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Lightning offer a 1 year deal to Tanguay (Speculation)

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2009, 10:01 PM
Tokala

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie18 View Post
uhhhh. Tanguay has 350 more pts than Vrbata.

Tanguay: 659 GP, 580 pts, 0.88 ppg
Brad Richards: 620 GP, 548 pts, 0.88 ppg
Radim Vrbata: 440 GP, 232 pts, 0.53 ppg

Tanguay would give us 2 awesome lines.
Ummm.....not necessarily.

Tanguay max (to date) of 29 goals in 05-06
Vrbata maxed (to date) of 27 goals in 08-09.

They're both average ~20 goals/year.

Not much difference unless they're looking at soft Vrbata for 2 years or soft Tanguay for 1 year. The Lightning don't need either and they'd do better by fishing in the "trade" pond versus the "free agency" pond.

Old
07-24-2009, 10:07 PM
le_sean

I think he would be a perfect fit with Lecavalier and St. Louis. The New French Connection.

Old
07-24-2009, 10:25 PM
gobolt7

Is there a link for any of these terms or is the this idle speculation based on someones best friends cousins twitter account?

Last edited by gobolt7: 07-24-2009 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Needed clarity...
Old
07-24-2009, 10:41 PM
TBLHoser

Should be interesting to see how they plan to trim the roster to fit Tanguay's salary in, if indeed there is any interest. Right now they have $8.3 mil left in cap space with Karsums, Lashoff, Smaby & Lundin still to sign and still have some left over for "emergencies". I just can't see Tanguay choosing Phoenix unless his interest is being a "money player" as Torts called Kabby. There's just not much of a roster that would suit him along with the off-ice distractions...

Old
07-25-2009, 02:47 AM
garmonbozia

I think I side with Tokala on this. Tanguay is a good player and would flesh out the top 6 nicely, but if the cost is much over 3 million per (and no more than 2 yrs) I'd look elsewhere. I realize he made 5+million last season, I just don't think he brings enough value at 4 or above. If they can afford that much for Tanguay, they could likely do better offering that type of cap space (+cheap surplus D) in trade to one of the teams having trouble fitting everything in under the cap.

Even if they've exhausted most trade options I think I'd still rather see them spend half as much on Sykora, Williams, Bertuzzi, et. al. and I don't really want any of those guys on the team. I might even prefer some bottom 6 guys at a lesser amount if pressed. Just think there are better bangs for the bucks than Tanguay at 4+.

I hear Michel Ouellett is looking for a job!

Old
07-25-2009, 03:55 AM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmonbozia View Post
I think I side with Tokala on this. Tanguay is a good player and would flesh out the top 6 nicely, but if the cost is much over 3 million per (and no more than 2 yrs) I'd look elsewhere. I realize he made 5+million last season, I just don't think he brings enough value at 4 or above. If they can afford that much for Tanguay, they could likely do better offering that type of cap space (+cheap surplus D) in trade to one of the teams having trouble fitting everything in under the cap.

Even if they've exhausted most trade options I think I'd still rather see them spend half as much on Sykora, Williams, Bertuzzi, et. al. and I don't really want any of those guys on the team. I might even prefer some bottom 6 guys at a lesser amount if pressed. Just think there are better bangs for the bucks than Tanguay at 4+.

I hear Michel Ouellett is looking for a job!
Well that Ouellett-Halpern-Darsch was actually our best line at one point...........Wow...we were horrible.

But seriously I do miss Darsch's heart, though he didn't bring much NHL talent with it

Old
07-25-2009, 04:23 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
Well that Ouellett-Halpern-Darsch was actually our best line at one point...........Wow...we were horrible.

But seriously I do miss Darsch's heart, though he didn't bring much NHL talent with it
reunite the DOH line!!!!

Old
07-25-2009, 04:30 AM
source

Tanguay at 3.5 million? ROFL!

If he signs a one-year deal, he'll be getting ~5 million, whether you like it or not.

Old
07-25-2009, 04:48 AM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post

If he signs a one-year deal, he'll be getting ~5 million, whether you like it or not.
Depends on what other teams are offering him. He kinda F'd up this year on freeagency. If he goes with the mindset of just play for one year and rack up the points to get the payday next season, I could see him signing for three mill.

Old
07-25-2009, 04:48 AM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
reunite the DOH line!!!!
I'm for it, HEY LAWTON WE FOUND OUR FOURTH LINE!!!!

Old
07-26-2009, 10:18 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:

Ah okay, I knew his agent was lurking around here.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Old
07-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Quote:

Just as Biron and J.Johnson would get 5 million deals

4 millions sounds more likely.

07-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Ur Team is Jealous

Ya I wouldn't mind 4.5 mil/year. If not, I don't anything wrong with the Lightning offering one of their surplus d-men for Kessel.

Old
07-26-2009, 10:17 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur Team is Jealous View Post
Ya I wouldn't mind 4.5 mil/year. If not, I don't anything wrong with the Lightning offering one of their surplus d-men for Kessel.
The problem with that idea is that we'd have to include something else good. It'd be Ranger+, e.g. Tyrell and we can't have that.

Old
07-26-2009, 11:48 PM
STRANGE VICTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
The problem with that idea is that we'd have to include something else good. It'd be Ranger+, e.g. Tyrell and we can't have that.
I really don't know that Tampa has anything worth trading for Kessel, I would really love for them to just give him an offer sheet around 5 million, but beyond that I don't know that they have the pieces Boston is looking for in a trade, which is a potential top pairing D, Ranger just hasn't had enough success to get Kessel and throwing in Tyrell doesn't really help as Boston has no use for him.

Closed Thread