HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Niko Z is going to need a new team (Awarded 3.9M)

Old
07-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

vCash: 500
How was Zherdev with Renney?

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 08:30 PM
TheRedressor

Zherdev played his best under Renney.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Would the Rangers prefer purely the cap space from letting him go or would you guys like a couple of serviceable players for his rights?

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 08:48 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
How was Zherdev with Renney?
He was better in the beginning of the season but so was the whole team. Remember the Rangers had a unrealistic and surprising HOT start to last season

07-26-2009, 08:51 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
Would the Rangers prefer purely the cap space from letting him go or would you guys like a couple of serviceable players for his rights?
Cap space? What's cap space?

Sather will spend the space as soon as he gets it...what the Rangers supposedly want is to package Z and Roszival + a prospect to upgrade the forward position with a "Torts kinda guy?"

There were signs at the end of last season that Torts was not digging Zherdev

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 09:46 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Acquiring the team's second leading point scorer and opening up enough cash to acquire the team's leading goal scorer seems like a pretty good return for the most part, but I'll take you and your crystal ball's word that the Rangers won't get anything else out of it, thanks.
It is certainly a good deal if you don't care about anything except points, like yourself. My crystal ball? lol, yet another delusional rangers fan who thinks they are going to 'sign and trade' him...lol...get a clue dude, it isn't how the NHL works.

Quote:
What are you talking about? "Willingness to pay the price for the good of the team," what, did you want him to turn into an excellent two way player who lays guys out? That's not his style, and never will be, it's like getting pissed off at Kovalev because he doesn't have a great two-way game.
I figured you might have a hard time with that since all you seem to be able to do is regurgitate stats and have no clue how his play impacts his teammates.

Quote:
He's a offensive first playmaker who plays suitable enough defense where he is far from a liability out there, that's the book on him and that's what he was, I'm not sure what you were expecting.
Actually, the REAL book on him is that he is a superior talent when he has open ice to work with but will never go, AND STAY in the competitive areas on the ice. Another chapter says that he will never compete hard enough when the game is on the line and is so unpredictable that shift by shift, you never know what you are going to get from him, therefore he cannot be trusted. THAT is the actual published copy of the book on him.

Quote:
Primarily because he was replaced by Antropov in the lineup and had nothing to lean on when he started to slump? Yeah I saw it, and it was quite obvious.
Wow...talk about being blinded by the toe-drag...see above.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 10:00 PM
hashmarks

Quote:

Why do coaches make half of the decisions they do? I don't have the slightest idea.
Wait, what? You spent the last however many posts telling me how and why he was put no the third line and how his ice time was reduced thus affecting his production then you come with the above? Face it, the only thing that was a detriment to Zherdev's production and play was Zherdev.

Quote:
I'm not saying he didn't play poorly and didn't tail off, but that reason alone isn't enough to just get rid of him.
Nope, all players go through slumps, but this is this guys' M.O. and it is the WAY he tailed off. He isn't a player a team is going to build with. For 2.something million he is worth the risk, but for anything above what he is going to be qualified for, it is silly, especially if he isn't part of the rangers long term plans.

Quote:
Do you not agree linemates have a pretty big role in what your production as a hockey player is? You seem to like to take words and run with them, but it has a pretty big impact, like it or not.
To an extent, but it doesn't account for why he was basically Casper the ghost. He didn't compete, period. Had he been out there busting his hump and just not producing (a la Dubinsky for the most part) people wouldn't say things about Zherdev that they are, but for some reason you seem to want to make all kinds of excuses for the guy. Sather, is that you?

Quote:
He wasn't going to score 90 points, probably not even 70, regardless of who he played with last year,
He could easily have put of 70 points had he played for the entire year, but he didn't. He did the exact same thing last year this is nothing new to him, nor should it be to you, but since you only care about stats, it doesn't bother you.

Quote:
but alas, Sather isn't too keen on intelligent decisions.
Like trading Tyutin for him in the first place.

Old
07-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Ian
Mike York fan club

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
It is certainly a good deal if you don't care about anything except points, like yourself. My crystal ball? lol, yet another delusional rangers fan who thinks they are going to 'sign and trade' him...lol...get a clue dude, it isn't how the NHL works.
Yeah, I forgot that games are won on how much heart and grit a team has, not how many goals they scored.

Just because you'd like to think every person who supports Zherdev "is blinded by the toe drag" or some absurd notion, that doesn't mean there isn't plenty of support for him being a quality NHL player.

And you are an expert on trades as well? Damn.

Quote:
I figured you might have a hard time with that since all you seem to be able to do is regurgitate stats and have no clue how his play impacts his teammates.
Actually there is a stat for that too, if you'd like it. And trust me, it supports my position.

Quote:
Actually, the REAL book on him is that he is a superior talent when he has open ice to work with but will never go, AND STAY in the competitive areas on the ice. Another chapter says that he will never compete hard enough when the game is on the line and is so unpredictable that shift by shift, you never know what you are going to get from him, therefore he cannot be trusted. THAT is the actual published copy of the book on him.
Does it include a chapter on how to get over him as well? You might want to read that one.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Ian
Mike York fan club

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
Wait, what? You spent the last however many posts telling me how and why he was put no the third line and how his ice time was reduced thus affecting his production then you come with the above? Face it, the only thing that was a detriment to Zherdev's production and play was Zherdev.
And? Of course he played poorly, I've stated that multiple times. He played well initially under Torts, then after a bad game or two, started receiving spotty minutes with less than ideal linemates. Pretty clearly stated. Obviously any player can choose to carry a line by themselves, but he's not that type of player.
Quote:
Nope, all players go through slumps, but this is this guys' M.O. and it is the WAY he tailed off. He isn't a player a team is going to build with. For 2.something million he is worth the risk, but for anything above what he is going to be qualified for, it is silly, especially if he isn't part of the rangers long term plans.
Great, when you make your team, be sure not to include him.

Quote:
To an extent, but it doesn't account for why he was basically Casper the ghost. He didn't compete, period. Had he been out there busting his hump and just not producing (a la Dubinsky for the most part) people wouldn't say things about Zherdev that they are, but for some reason you seem to want to make all kinds of excuses for the guy. Sather, is that you?
Yeah only if he skated harder, then I could totally excuse him being terrible offensively in the playoffs. One man's snakebit is another's heartless/unclutch.

Quote:
He could easily have put of 70 points had he played for the entire year, but he didn't. He did the exact same thing last year this is nothing new to him, nor should it be to you, but since you only care about stats, it doesn't bother you.
He played maybe 15 games when he was on pace to score 70 or more, and the Rangers PP was beyond awful, so if by "easily have" you mean "1 in a 100 chance," then I agree.
Quote:
Like trading Tyutin for him in the first place.
Yeah, I'm totally upset Sather traded from a point of organizational strength for one of weakness. Plus I was tired of hearing about how Tyutin was just another one of those heartless players who was the reason we lost in the playoffs two years in a row from half the board.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2009, 12:56 AM
trickster

I could see Zherdev being a perfect fit in the top 6 forwards for the Leafs.

trickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2009, 01:11 AM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
Zherdev played his best under Renney.
I still would rather Heatley, but if the Oilers could land Zherdev, damn that would be nice.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2009, 01:15 AM
Wheatking

What would the Rangers be looking for from the Oilers? Smid and Nilsson?

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2009, 01:20 AM
BlueShirts702

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
I still would rather Heatley, but if the Oilers could land Zherdev, damn that would be nice.
Done deal....as long as Riley Nash is on the return end?

Zherdev would fit in pretty decently up in Edmonton, and the Renney connection can do no harm either.

BlueShirts702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2009, 01:38 AM
Analyzer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
He was better in the beginning of the season but so was the whole team. Remember the Rangers had a unrealistic and surprising HOT start to last season
Because they played against weak teams primarily ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2009, 02:11 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Not sure how Nashville does'nt go after him
Allow me to introduce you to our owners:

Nashville has spent all they're going to spend, and Poile has publicly stated that he's content with the team as is. There will be no further additions in Nashville unless Zherdev wants to play for pennies, and he's not that kind of player.

Besides, Trotz and Poile emphasize character and community involvement more than anything, so they probably wouldn't touch Zherdev with a 10' pole even if they did have the money.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2009, 03:06 AM
hgo

Quote:
Pretty crazy how a guy can have only two 4+ (4 and 5 games to be exact) stretches over the regular season where he doesn't score a point, yet be labeled as "invisible."
Except for that seven-game stretch in the playoffs. Unless the fact that he didn't show up when it mattered most doesn't bother you.

By the way, I dug up this old article about Zherdev from two-plus years ago. I think it speaks volumes about the type of teammate he is:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...6Adgo21lyRmoEA

More or less, if I'm an NHL organization, I wouldn't touch him with a fifteen-foot pole if I'm trying to build a winner.

Last edited by hgo: 07-27-2009 at 03:12 AM.
hgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2009, 06:01 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Allow me to introduce you to our owners:

Nashville has spent all they're going to spend, and Poile has publicly stated that he's content with the team as is. There will be no further additions in Nashville unless Zherdev wants to play for pennies, and he's not that kind of player.

Besides, Trotz and Poile emphasize character and community involvement more than anything, so they probably wouldn't touch Zherdev with a 10' pole even if they did have the money.
Where do the revenue sharing dollars go?In the pockets of the ownership group?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2009, 06:04 AM
Laterade

I can see him in an Oilers uni.

Zherdev Horcoff Hemsky?

Laterade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2009, 06:24 AM
Tender Rip
#Haz supa line mates

Nik Zherdev, up to his neck with Sather and the Rangers, becomes an UFA after the Rangers cannot find a trade partner and subsequently walks away from the 3.8 arbitration fee.

Lacking truly desirable offers in terms of dollars/quality of team this late in free agency, Zherdev signs a one year deal for 2 million with the Pens who promptly trades/waives Dupuis to make room for him on Malkin's wing. Zherdev goes on to have the season of his life and sets himself up for an in-demand UFA-year .

Yeezzz Preeeeecious! Gollum, Gollum!

More serious than the above; given Rangers cap-situation, not having signed Dubi yet, and the fact that there's not a plethora of teams with app. 4 million at the ready for a forward like Zherdev (Colorado? Atlanta?), one can easily imagine Rangers having to let him go.

That would be rather hilarious considering that he is their second best forward.

Last edited by Tender Rip: 07-27-2009 at 06:37 AM.
Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2009, 07:34 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Where do the revenue sharing dollars go?In the pockets of the ownership group?
Nope, they go into the pockets of Shea Weber, David Legwand, and Martin Erat. It's spent before we ever get it, and without it, I don't know how long it would be before a team is profitable.

Ownership has vowed not to repeat Leipold's mistakes, which means they'll be spending well under the cap until the team can get more corporate sponsors on board and fill the building on a nightly basis. The latter will likely happen long before the former, but the former brings in far more money than the latter. Either way, it'll be a few years before Nashville starts spending on the level of more established clubs like the Flyers and Rangers.

But like I said, the last thing Poile and Trotz tolerate in their locker room is a bad attitude, so they wouldn't have any interest in Zherdev unless he's willing to play for about half what he's asking for in arbitration, and even then I doubt management has interest even with our gaping scoring needs.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2009, 08:49 AM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Because they played against weak teams primarily ?
Combination of that, some good chemistry between Voros-Dubinsky-Zherdev, but most importantly the Rangers came out of the gate hot because they had been playing competative hockey longer. By the time the first 10 games of the season rolled around the Rangers had already had an extensive pre-season with NHL teams as well as the games against the Swiss and KHL teams. They had no rust, while other teams were shaking it off.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by There's only one 66 View Post
Nik Zherdev, up to his neck with Sather and the Rangers, becomes an UFA after the Rangers cannot find a trade partner and subsequently walks away from the 3.8 arbitration fee.

Lacking truly desirable offers in terms of dollars/quality of team this late in free agency, Zherdev signs a one year deal for 2 million with the Pens who promptly trades/waives Dupuis to make room for him on Malkin's wing. Zherdev goes on to have the season of his life and sets himself up for an in-demand UFA-year .

Yeezzz Preeeeecious! Gollum, Gollum!

More serious than the above; given Rangers cap-situation, not having signed Dubi yet, and the fact that there's not a plethora of teams with app. 4 million at the ready for a forward like Zherdev (Colorado? Atlanta?), one can easily imagine Rangers having to let him go.

That would be rather hilarious considering that he is their second best forward.
at the very worst they accept, look for a deal which they will find, if somehow they can't find a deal he goes on waivers and someone takes him for nothing

their is no chance in hell a team will not take the guy he is way to talented

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2009, 10:29 AM
hashmarks

Quote:
Yeah, I forgot that games are won on how much heart and grit a team has, not how many goals they scored.
Enough said. You are embarrassing yourself.

Old
07-27-2009, 10:33 AM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Cap space? What's cap space?

Sather will spend the space as soon as he gets it...what the Rangers supposedly want is to package Z and Roszival + a prospect to upgrade the forward position with a "Torts kinda guy?"

There were signs at the end of last season that Torts was not digging Zherdev
Zherdev, Roszival, and Dubinski is the new Ryder, Halak and a 2nd

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2009, 10:38 AM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzo View Post
Except for that seven-game stretch in the playoffs. Unless the fact that he didn't show up when it mattered most doesn't bother you.

By the way, I dug up this old article about Zherdev from two-plus years ago. I think it speaks volumes about the type of teammate he is:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...6Adgo21lyRmoEA

More or less, if I'm an NHL organization, I wouldn't touch him with a fifteen-foot pole if I'm trying to build a winner.
This guy 'Ian' doesn't get it and thinks in a team sport, it doesn't matter how much effort you exert, how much you are willing to pay the price for your teammates or how you play when the game is on the line. He thinks it is all about points and that's it. He has no concept of how the game needs to be played to win.