HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL '10 Player Ranking Predictions

Old
07-27-2009, 09:14 AM
Defmincex13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjsIzzy View Post
Is Emery really an 86? that seems a little high to me.
yes he was a 86 in the game last year... so who knows. And i would not be shocked if carter and richards dont crack 88 overall. These type of players never get the ratings they deserve in video games.

The teams overall rating went down last year for NHL09 including Kimmo... the year after they went to the eastern conference finals.

Did anyone else notice in NHL 09 that when playing with the flyers Lupul becomes a non factor and is barely noticeable in the game like in real life? I just found that funny when playing Vs Ranked games.

Defmincex13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2009, 09:30 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defmincex13 View Post
yes he was a 86 in the game last year... so who knows. And i would not be shocked if carter and richards dont crack 88 overall. These type of players never get the ratings they deserve in video games.

The teams overall rating went down last year for NHL09 including Kimmo... the year after they went to the eastern conference finals.

Did anyone else notice in NHL 09 that when playing with the flyers Lupul becomes a non factor and is barely noticeable in the game like in real life? I just found that funny when playing Vs Ranked games.
I just got into ranked 1-on-1 in hopes it improves my EASHL game, and I gotta say, it is sooooo slow. I feel like I'm skating in mud.

Plus, everyone just selects the closest player and goes for the hit, if they miss, they select the next guy who then goes for the hit. It's kind of hilarious. I even have had some sick dangling goals just weaving in and out of people, and that's something I can't seem to do in EASHL or OTP. I think it has to do with the quality of players I face 1-on-1 since I have never really done it yet, and the face everyone skates so much slower.

I did face a guy who had 2 "guests" and I thought that was really cheap. He kept setting up the one timer with his buddies, and this was a RANKED match! I managed to beat him 4-2, but only because I got into the habit of passing it A LOT as all 3 of these guys would go for the big hit and often leave one of my guys open down low.

I have not had much success with the Flyers in these ranked matches, but I am solid with the Blackhawks. The Flyers are really slow for some reason.

I played as the Kings last night, and they have zero speed at all, it sucked.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Defmincex13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I just got into ranked 1-on-1 in hopes it improves my EASHL game, and I gotta say, it is sooooo slow. I feel like I'm skating in mud.

Plus, everyone just selects the closest player and goes for the hit, if they miss, they select the next guy who then goes for the hit. It's kind of hilarious. I even have had some sick dangling goals just weaving in and out of people, and that's something I can't seem to do in EASHL or OTP. I think it has to do with the quality of players I face 1-on-1 since I have never really done it yet, and the face everyone skates so much slower.

I did face a guy who had 2 "guests" and I thought that was really cheap. He kept setting up the one timer with his buddies, and this was a RANKED match! I managed to beat him 4-2, but only because I got into the habit of passing it A LOT as all 3 of these guys would go for the big hit and often leave one of my guys open down low.

I have not had much success with the Flyers in these ranked matches, but I am solid with the Blackhawks. The Flyers are really slow for some reason.

I played as the Kings last night, and they have zero speed at all, it sucked.
Yea I play on ps3 for EASHL and was hardcore into it for a good 7 months and was on a top 5 division 1 team but eventually i determined EA shafted us on playoffs and there was not going to be any so i backed off. Now 3 of the guys on my team are going to EA sports studios next week for the championship.... lol.

Ya i hear ya, i have over 1000gms played in EASHL and maybe 60 in vs. but im like 48-8-2 so. I just always roll the flyers and lupul is goes poof for periods at a time its great cause its like real life! Flyers can be slow. Its all about who they are playing and the connection of the other user.

Theres games where they feel slow as a herd of turtles yet when i play some quebec french **** who uses the canes the flyers seem fast. Having the last roster update lines keep the flyers nice. u have Carter and lupul who can create space with scott holding his own if you keep him back. Richards and Gag's are nice but knuble as the slow dino skating around as the only R handed stick on that line can suck.

Then Briere is just a heaven sent in that game cause unlike in RL, he can play D and somehow check... Grioux is nice but his stamina is so low. asham again like in real hockey can be a eye opener and score a random goal for you when you need it, but otherwise you never look to use him on ice. 4th line just pisses me off.

The only thing online ranked 1vs1 games do is make you less disciplined when playing eashl cause like you said your used to sacrificing your players for the hit cause you just select the next closest.

I think NHL10 will be good thou.

Edit: it makes me feel so good inside whenever i beat people who just pick the penguins cause they have a high rating. Same thing with the ducks and redwings. Love it.

Old
07-27-2009, 10:30 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Carter go 46 goals, he'll break 90 I think.

I hate how Timonen is always very underrated

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2009, 10:33 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Yea I play on ps3 for EASHL and was hardcore into it for a good 7 months and was on a top 5 division 1 team but eventually i determined EA shafted us on playoffs and there was not going to be any so i backed off. Now 3 of the guys on my team are going to EA sports studios next week for the championship.... lol.

Ya i hear ya, i have over 1000gms played in EASHL and maybe 60 in vs. but im like 48-8-2 so. I just always roll the flyers and lupul is goes poof for periods at a time its great cause its like real life! Flyers can be slow. Its all about who they are playing and the connection of the other user.

Theres games where they feel slow as a herd of turtles yet when i play some quebec french **** who uses the canes the flyers seem fast. Having the last roster update lines keep the flyers nice. u have Carter and lupul who can create space with scott holding his own if you keep him back. Richards and Gag's are nice but knuble as the slow dino skating around as the only R handed stick on that line can suck.

Then Briere is just a heaven sent in that game cause unlike in RL, he can play D and somehow check... Grioux is nice but his stamina is so low. asham again like in real hockey can be a eye opener and score a random goal for you when you need it, but otherwise you never look to use him on ice. 4th line just pisses me off.

The only thing online ranked 1vs1 games do is make you less disciplined when playing eashl cause like you said your used to sacrificing your players for the hit cause you just select the next closest.

I think NHL10 will be good thou.

Edit: it makes me feel so good inside whenever i beat people who just pick the penguins cause they have a high rating. Same thing with the ducks and redwings. Love it.
Hint, in NHL 09, I move Knuble to 3rd line and Briere to top line.

Result = goals. In NHL 09, Briere is the best. He can dangle, snipe, and pass. He is even good on defense. Briere is the perfect candidate to curve shot if the other guy goal lines me also, haha.

I find that I like the Blackhawks too, but I see them all the time also.

Everyone plays as the Blackhawks and Capitals.

Old
07-27-2009, 10:42 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Hint, in NHL 09, I move Knuble to 3rd line and Briere to top line.

Result = goals. In NHL 09, Briere is the best. He can dangle, snipe, and pass. He is even good on defense. Briere is the perfect candidate to curve shot if the other guy goal lines me also, haha.

I find that I like the Blackhawks too, but I see them all the time also.

Everyone plays as the Blackhawks and Capitals.
I usually love the danglers like Halvat, Afino, etc but I can never do much with Briere. Im a Gagne/Richards man in NHL 09

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2009, 10:52 AM
Defmincex13

Well gags and richards are who what i do best with dangle wise cause they have the reach to do the on ice 5 hole goals/suck the goalie to the post and come back across deke goals. Briere and Carter are great for the curve/screen shot goals and lupul can do it a bit to. The only reason i keep Knuble with Gag's and richards is cause Knuble is good for being the shooter on one timers.

I just like having speed on all 3 lines and moving hartnell or Knuble for Briere just makes the 3rd line a waist because Giroux gets tired after 2 trips up the ice.

I am really interested how the flyers will look in NHL10. top 2 lines will work fine but our 3rd line gameplay wise mite blow big time. But the D will be nice.

Old
07-27-2009, 10:56 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Well gags and richards are who what i do best with dangle wise cause they have the reach to do the on ice 5 hole goals/suck the goalie to the post and come back across deke goals. Briere and Carter are great for the curve/screen shot goals and lupul can do it a bit to. The only reason i keep Knuble with Gag's and richards is cause Knuble is good for being the shooter on one timers.

I just like having speed on all 3 lines and moving hartnell or Knuble for Briere just makes the 3rd line a waist because Giroux gets tired after 2 trips up the ice.

I am really interested how the flyers will look in NHL10. top 2 lines will work fine but our 3rd line gameplay wise mite blow big time. But the D will be nice.
They will make Pronger so slow, that you will cry when he is on the ice.

Old
07-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Defmincex13

Quote:
They will make Pronger so slow, that you will cry when he is on the ice.
He isnt that slow this year. But i wouldnt put it past them. Board play mite make the slower guys alot more valuable but who knows.

Old
07-27-2009, 12:50 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Pronger wont be slow. Hes amazingly fast in 09, and the ****S at EA wont change much.

When I played 1v1 and had pronger, I would take him across the line all the time and deke with him. It was retarded.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2009, 01:08 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Pronger wont be slow. Hes amazingly fast in 09, and the ****S at EA wont change much.

When I played 1v1 and had pronger, I would take him across the line all the time and deke with him. It was retarded.
They will make him slow for NHL 10.

They hate making the Flyers good. Watch Pronger go from 93 to a 91 or less this year.

Old
07-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Viller

I play with the Flyers in Vs. mode about 99% of the time id say, except for national teams... ~260-110-5 record, good enough for low 5000s... I was ranked 640 something about 3 months ago before lending my xbox to a friend of mine(bad idea I know)... Records dont mean much though in the ranking system I think, depends more on who you play. I have a EAHL team ranked mid division 2 most of the time also, we havent been playing seriously whatsoever lately(damn glitch goals...) so we dropped to division 3 last I looked.

Vanilla game had horrible rosters for the Flyers in 09, I had to pause twice to change my lines at every start of games... If I did it before people would quit on me all the time... First update was pretty terrible too If I remember correctly, the only good one they ever did was this year before the playoffs.

The 4th line right now is so horrible that I play with only 3 lines, no joke... Makes it pretty challenging with all the penalties called now!

Viller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2009, 07:47 PM
phlocky

Well, I don't see how Carte is not at LEAST a 90. I mean he was 2nd ingoal scoring last year and 12th in points. Tht puts him up with the elite of the league and he should most definitely crack 90 IMO.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote