HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2nd Line Center "again"

Old
07-27-2009, 11:28 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Also, the two biggest question marks I see for the '09-'10 Kings team is the fourth line and a 3rd line left wing.
this just makes me more excited about the season

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Youngblood93

I wouldn't mind if DL signed Lang to a one year deal to center the 2nd line. Then sift Stoll to the wing. He'd still play a point on the PP and take important faceoffs.

Smyth Kopitar Williams
Frolov Lang Brown
Stoll Handzus Simmonds

Youngblood93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2009, 03:49 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehole93 View Post
I wouldn't mind if DL signed Lang to a one year deal to center the 2nd line. Then sift Stoll to the wing. He'd still play a point on the PP and take important faceoffs.

Smyth Kopitar Williams
Frolov Lang Brown
Stoll Handzus Simmonds
Id like this option as well I also think langs experience will help alot

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
No more re-treads.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2009, 02:55 AM
Trevorlewisismyhomie

1st scoring line-fro-kopi-Williams
2nd bruser/scoring-smyth-stoll-brownie
3rd shutdown-simmonds-zues-moller
4th FIGHT!!-raitis-zieler-westgarth

Defense
line one-doughty-scuderi
line two-jj-greener
line three-O'D-xxx

xxx= FRICKEN SIGN BREGERON DL!

ill tell you why

Offense

1)with fro's goal scoringness still there, plus williams and kopi = lots of goals in the long run
2)self explanitory really
3)moller thrown in there just to add a little umph to the offensive while there out
4)raitis is alreaty a LW westgarth is alreaty a RW zieler just has to be fast with his hands or hit them when they get the puck

Defense

1) Doughtys free to jump in the attack with a defensive man in the back
2) JJ can grow in both areas woth greener teaching him about D and he can jump in the attack like line one
3)where else was i going to put O"D then the xxx COME ON PULL THE TRIGGER ON BERGERON HES TOO PERFECT if not lets get a lease on schneider or zubov ether will be just dandy

i think its a crime that ive never seen this smily on here

Trevorlewisismyhomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2009, 11:40 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
It is Stoll. He knows what he is doing, is one of the best faceoff guys around and we could definitely use that in a top 6 situation, is a shooter and if paired with the right guys he can make a lot of things happen - someone with a shot like Stoll would go well with a Brown or a Smyth who can get in front of the net and screen/bang in the rebound.

Stoll is better than most give him credit for - he has the capability to be a second line center. I suggest we give him another season and see what he can do. He is a player in a similar situation as Handzus and he seemed to make some good progress last year. I think he can handle the roll just fine, especially with the wingers and the rest of the top 6 class we have now...

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2009, 07:55 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
It is Stoll. He knows what he is doing, is one of the best faceoff guys around and we could definitely use that in a top 6 situation, is a shooter and if paired with the right guys he can make a lot of things happen - someone with a shot like Stoll would go well with a Brown or a Smyth who can get in front of the net and screen/bang in the rebound.

Stoll is better than most give him credit for - he has the capability to be a second line center. I suggest we give him another season and see what he can do. He is a player in a similar situation as Handzus and he seemed to make some good progress last year. I think he can handle the roll just fine, especially with the wingers and the rest of the top 6 class we have now...
Playing with Calder and a stressed out Brown isn't going to pad your stats

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 01:30 PM
thrillhous

So by the looks of it many of you think that Purcell and Moller are battling it out for the open 3rd line winger spot? Or do you think that Moller will more than likely be in Manchester for some seasoning?

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Omni Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhous View Post
So by the looks of it many of you think that Purcell and Moller are battling it out for the open 3rd line winger spot? Or do you think that Moller will more than likely be in Manchester for some seasoning?
Depends on what type of camp both players have. Moller has such a high drive that he could easily beat out Purcell again. I think its up to Teddy to grab that 3rd line opening. He has to learn to work harder along the boards and play a grittier game. I'd like to see what Moller could do in Manchester w/ Lokitionov though.

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 08:56 PM
thrillhous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabwaylingo View Post
Depends on what type of camp both players have. Moller has such a high drive that he could easily beat out Purcell again. I think its up to Teddy to grab that 3rd line opening. He has to learn to work harder along the boards and play a grittier game. I'd like to see what Moller could do in Manchester w/ Lokitionov though.
It's almost as though the Kings have to give Purcell his shot this season though. But Moller could really show Teddy up, so who knows.

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 04:08 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGreatWestern View Post
I would try...
Frolov - Handzus - Williams
Damn kid, that's a sloooooooow 2nd line!

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote