HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

proposal tml buf

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-29-2009, 11:30 AM
  #1
Leaf junkie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 135
vCash: 500
proposal tml buf

to tml: dan paille Lw (1.125)
drew stafford Rw (rfa)
2nd round pick 2010

to buf: lee stempniak Rw (2.9)
matt stajan C (1.750)
mike van ryan d (2.9)
3rd 2010
1st 2011

i know that buffalo is taking on alot of salary, thats why i put the 2011 1st for them taking that much salary from us, and the best part is that the three player are on the last year of contract so if it dont work out their is no need to resing them and they end up with a 1st in 2011 but maybe 1 or 2 of the three might work out for buffalo..... if something needs to be added on toronto's part to make it fair

Leaf junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2009, 11:35 AM
  #2
number11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherleaffan View Post
to tml: dan paille Lw (1.125)
drew stafford Rw (rfa)
2nd round pick 2010

to buf: lee stempniak Rw (2.9)
matt stajan C (1.750)
mike van ryan d (2.9)
3rd 2010
1st 2011

i know that buffalo is taking on alot of salary, thats why i put the 2011 1st for them taking that much salary from us, and the best part is that the three player are on the last year of contract so if it dont work out their is no need to resing them and they end up with a 1st in 2011 but maybe 1 or 2 of the three might work out for buffalo..... if something needs to be added on toronto's part to make it fair
too much money, not enough talent from leafs side, plus Toronto will never deal a 1st rounder again

number11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2009, 11:37 AM
  #3
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Victoria B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number11 View Post
too much money, not enough talent from leafs side, plus Toronto will never deal a 1st rounder again
I don't know about that. I can see a deal, where a young, top end type player was acquired for that 1st rounder.

LeafErikson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2009, 11:54 AM
  #4
selltrade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,575
vCash: 500
why would buffalo want 3 guys who are going to be unrestricted next year.

selltrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2009, 01:58 PM
  #5
It Kills Me
Registered User
 
It Kills Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by selltrade View Post
why would buffalo want 3 guys who are going to be unrestricted next year.
Ok, we'll give you Finger and Blake.. They won't be unrestricted for a while.

It Kills Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2009, 03:54 PM
  #6
Leaf junkie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by selltrade View Post
why would buffalo want 3 guys who are going to be unrestricted next year.
there is always a possibility that buffalo at least would resing one of them, and worst comes to worst they can deal them durring the season or at the td for more pick and end up with a 1st 2011 3rd 2010 + + if they decide to trade some of them

Leaf junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2009, 04:07 PM
  #7
selltrade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherleaffan View Post
there is always a possibility that buffalo at least would resing one of them, and worst comes to worst they can deal them durring the season or at the td for more pick and end up with a 1st 2011 3rd 2010 + + if they decide to trade some of them
It doesnt make sense for Buff to give up 2 good young forwards for the potential of picks down the road IMO,

selltrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2009, 04:26 PM
  #8
Hero
Buffy is Back
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 20,149
vCash: 500
why would Buffalo do this?

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2009, 04:31 PM
  #9
LEAFSFAN16
 
LEAFSFAN16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
Well I certainly wouldn't mind if the Leafs got Paille or Stafford, or even the 2nd I don't like the idea of trading a 1st and I just can't see Buffalo taking three players that'll be unrestricted in the summer and will just cost more against the cap.

LEAFSFAN16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2009, 06:03 PM
  #10
Andrew Mack
Registered User
 
Andrew Mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara Region, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,175
vCash: 500
I would have to really sit down and think before I traded even a 1st RD Pick for Drew Stafford, let alone that massive deal.

Andrew Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2009, 06:05 PM
  #11
Andrew Mack
Registered User
 
Andrew Mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara Region, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,175
vCash: 500
Also, if we are going to move our 1st and 3rd RD Pick, just throw an offer sheet out at Kessel for $4.5M over the next four or five years.

Andrew Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.