HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Over 200 NHL scab replacement players-showing true selfish colors playing in Europe!

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2004, 09:59 AM
eye

vCash: 500
Over 200 NHL scab replacement players-showing true selfish colors playing in Europe!

Every time I read that another NHL scab replacement player is headed over to Europe I become less and less a fan of the NHL. I think it's one of the most inconsiderate and selfish trends I have ever heard about in pro sports. I have friends that play in Europe and some have now been displaced and are out of work or working for peanuts at much lower levels of hockey. Almost every NHL player that has gone to Europe to play is already a Millionaire. Here is an idea or suggestion to scab players. Everytime you go to Europe donate 40 or 50 thousand to the player and his family that you are displacing so that they can at least pay their bills. I doubt that ever would occur to anyone so selfish and inconsiderate. I look forward to when your union is dead and the roles are reversed. :mad:

Old
10-30-2004, 10:10 AM
hunter1909*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye
Every time I read that another NHL scab replacement player is headed over to Europe I become less and less a fan of the NHL. I think it's one of the most inconsiderate and selfish trends I have ever heard about in pro sports. I have friends that play in Europe and some have now been displaced and are out of work or working for peanuts at much lower levels of hockey. Almost every NHL player that has gone to Europe to play is already a Millionaire. Here is an idea or suggestion to scab players. Everytime you go to Europe donate 40 or 50 thousand to the player and his family that you are displacing so that they can at least pay their bills. I doubt that ever would occur to anyone so selfish and inconsiderate. I look forward to when your union is dead and the roles are reversed. :mad:
HEAR HEAR!!!!!!

Old
10-30-2004, 10:10 AM
wilka91*

bla bla

Old
10-30-2004, 10:14 AM
Onion Boy

Like I said before, its ok for anyone to share this view, but if so, the CANNOT support contraction in any way, shape, or form.

Old
10-30-2004, 10:57 AM
Astaroth

The jealousy agaisnt the players agaisnt the players is really getting pronounced on these boards.

Old
10-30-2004, 10:12 PM
Emerald City Bruin
I-90 W for 2500mi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye
Do you even know what the term "scab" means?

Closed Thread