HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The actual signing of Ole-Kristian Tollefsen (1yr, $600K)

Old
07-30-2009, 06:32 PM
dr.rosenrosen

vCash: 500
i like this a lot. hopefully jones is gone now and we can pick up another solid winger or a 3rd line center who can win faceoffs.

dominic moore??? anybody!!!???

giroux moore briere

dr.rosenrosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2009, 06:34 PM
dr.rosenrosen

oh wait did he sign with anybody yet?

Old
07-30-2009, 06:36 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Moore has not signed yet.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2009, 06:41 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
I really, really hope he can step it up a noth or two early this season so we can waive Jones without hesitation.
Correct me if Im wrong, but if we waive him arent we responsible for half his pay or something?

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I'd take that. God if Jones is gone. I'm gonna be so happy, I might jump out the window by me.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Wolfy

Great signing, Flyers just signed a bulldozer.

Don't worry about his injury stats, most of them 1 or 2 games missed. You have to expect some injuries like these the way he plays. But the last was a serious one, happened during practice when his skate got stuck in something, and he twisted his knee.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2009, 06:42 PM
dr.rosenrosen

i just looked it up. thats a small but speedy line though. l like moore but not sure if he'd work though.

Old
07-30-2009, 06:47 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Correct me if Im wrong, but if we waive him arent we responsible for half his pay or something?
If the Flyers waive Jones and someone claims him before he hits re-entry waivers, they assume 100% of the contract. If Jones isn't claimed and has to go through re-entry waivers and someone claims him, then the Flyers are responsible for 50% of the contract.

As for OKT, meh, it's a minor signing. If he's been signed and say, if Jones is traded, that means more than likely that either Bartulis or Marshall become the 6th defenseman on the team, which I would have no problem with because they're still probably going to get 15 to 17 minutes a night of ice time.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Wolfy

I'd be very surprised if Tollefsen signed himself to the bench or the farm, don't think so...he's 6th very fast. And Holmgren sounds like this is a player he wants on the team.

Old
07-30-2009, 06:57 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.rosenrosen View Post
i like this a lot. hopefully jones is gone now and we can pick up another solid winger or a 3rd line center who can win faceoffs.

dominic moore??? anybody!!!???

giroux moore briere
Moore is also good at faceoffs . He took the second highest amount on the Sabres, 1244, and had a 54.1% win percentage. However, he is probably worth more than we can afford w/ 45 points. Lupul made what 2-3 mil + and he had only 5 more points. Moore also is apparently decent on the power play as he was ranked sixth in total pp minutes for the Sabres.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2009, 06:59 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
If the Flyers waive Jones and someone claims him before he hits re-entry waivers, they assume 100% of the contract. If Jones isn't claimed and has to go through re-entry waivers and someone claims him, then the Flyers are responsible for 50% of the contract.
Can he rot in the minors without a cap hit? He can be placed there before October I beleive right? since waivers arent activated until then?

Im not a cap expert, to be honest Im going off the rules NHL 09 uses I try not to get caught up in this cap garbage it ruins the fun of the game for me cuz I have to think

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Moore has not signed yet.
Moore had career year last year. over 45pts. Probably will be looking to make a little over 2M a year. A little too rich for us right now.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Moore is also good at faceoffs . He took the second highest amount on the Sabres, 1244, and had a 54.1% win percentage. However, he is probably worth more than we can afford w/ 45 points. Lupul made what 2-3 mil + and he had only 5 more points. Moore also is apparently decent on the power play as he was ranked sixth in total pp minutes for the Sabres.
Lupul made like $4M I believe but he is a much better offensive player than Moore.

I suspect Moore is trying to cash in on the tear he went on playing with Jason Blake last year in Toronto but I also suspect that is the reason he is without a team. If his asking price is under 1M, grab the Harvard man, otherwise it's neither a viable option nor a good idea.

Andrew Knoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2009, 07:14 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Moore had career year last year. over 45pts. Probably will be looking to make a little over 2M a year. A little too rich for us right now.
He will have no where close to 45 points next year.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2009, 07:24 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
I'd be very surprised if Tollefsen signed himself to the bench or the farm, don't think so...he's 6th very fast. And Holmgren sounds like this is a player he wants on the team.
I hope not... I dont see how he is signing for the 6th spot. He hasnt been healthy ever, and took almost minimum amount salary. Thats not really Homer saying he signed him for the 6th spot...

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I hope not... I dont see how he is signing for the 6th spot. He hasnt been healthy ever, and took almost minimum amount salary. Thats not really Homer saying he signed him for the 6th spot...
Everything you say about him is spot on, except you don't know the heart this guy has. He just played in a golf outing in Columbus with Shelley for Cancer research. That in it self means nothing on the ice except commitment.. He will be tough out there, especially in Philly. Lets talk again in April...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Wolfy

Quote:
He would've signed in Europe if he was looking for big money. But he loves hockey, doesn't care about the money, he just wants to play in best league in the world. That tells a little about his character.

I don't think you know him much. Give him a chance, I think you're gonna like him.

Old
07-30-2009, 07:52 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Everything you say about him is spot on, except you don't know the heart this guy has. He just played in a golf outing in Columbus with Shelley for Cancer research. That in it self means nothing on the ice except commitment.. He will be tough out there, especially in Philly. Lets talk again in April...
Oh I agree. I just think with heart, he should be able to skate and pass (which I heard from other jacket fans he seems to be below average in). We have one all heart guy in Cote, but he can hardly play hockey. I love the heart guys, but they need other things also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
He would've signed in Europe if he was looking for big money. But he loves hockey, doesn't care about the money, he just wants to play in best league in the world. That tells a little about his character.

I don't think you know him much. Give him a chance, I think you're gonna like him.
Oh... dont get me wrong, I am not hating on the guy and I was glad he was signed here. I hope he does great here. I just think he is more suited for a 7th guy, maybe play as the 6th guy here and there. This would, I hope, limit his injuries.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
I think if Jones is dealt than that would be an ideal Cap hit for a 6th and 7th D-man -- the 7th getting into more games than the way Kukkonen was used last season, hopefully -- two D-men near the price of Alberts last season would allow for more dollars going to the so called skilled players... Save a couple million at last years goal, and more than what they were to spend this season had Biron stayed... knock off the price on one D-man -- more if consider that Lasse made closer to a million... so between the 6th and 7th, they are saving half -- Save on Carcillo rather than Upshall... Save near $6M on at RW, with Lupul's new contract taking effect, close to offsetting Pronger... Carry less extra players and use a couple kids from the Phantoms rather than some older vets... Keep Cote at near NHL minimum.

... All this can help beefing up the contracts of the young core... Only this type reduction cannot be done on season to season basis. Next comes the moving of young core that are deemed less core than others.

As Drizz said, the Cap takes the fun out of the sport. **sigh**

[/rambling-rant]

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Off ice charity work, both team-wise and privately, is the norm with most Philly athletes... We are not impressed by such things, rather we are merely turned off by the ones who don't reach out to the community.

That said, it sounds like he may fit in well in the area.

Old
07-30-2009, 08:10 PM
shamski7

Send a message via AIM to shamski7
1 or 2 way contract?

shamski7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2009, 08:15 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersJunky View Post
That said, it sounds like he may fit in well in the area.
I'd say this one-year stint in Philly will be the test of his career. He does have injury issues and he is far from Bobby Orr but he does have the desire and hints of ability. I think he was a decent depth signing for Philly, he will bring whatever he has in the tank. This could be his last chance..., he may surprise many of us. We will see.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2009, 08:24 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
If we are stacking the top 6 and Moore is our 3 line center I am fine with that....However, I think he is a little better than a #4, isnt he??

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Wolfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamski7 View Post
1 or 2 way contract?
Original offer: 750k 2 way

Tollefsen didn't like it...negotiations 2 days

New offer: 600k 1 way

Tollefsen liked it...deal

Old
07-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
I'd say this one-year stint in Philly will be the test of his career. He does have injury issues and he is far from Bobby Orr but he does have the desire and hints of ability. I think he was a decent depth signing for Philly, he will bring whatever he has in the tank. This could be his last chance..., he may surprise many of us. We will see.
The Philly fans at times take more to the lesser-lights than they do to the budding stars -- who are expected to go all out every game and display their talents -- The role players are expected to go out and display heart... and not ***** the bed and cost their teams games.

Kukkonen was loved here, and for most of his time here was closer to the fans when he sat in the press box... Cote was always loved for his fearlessly giving up his body... and Powe is loved for playing bigger than his body is. Thorenson for possibly sacrificing his future children in blocking a shot.

The fear I have now though is with the Cap, each and every dollar means so much, and versatility by the role players is paramount... I can see the change of opinion with Cote; his lack of skill is making fans believe that his role is better served by a more skilled player, of which we now have quite a few... all who can fight and put in more than a half-dozen minutes per game... Past years saw most fans wanting Riley here no matter what.

If OKT can provide the team with solid games, and play his role... the fans will love him, I guarantee you that.