HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FSOhio production is TERRIBLE! (All CBJ broadcast kvetching here)

Old
03-21-2009, 12:43 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

vCash: 500
If you really want to see bad, watch the Sabres Rick Jeanneret. He is the ultimate homer and he whines through the entire broadcast. His goal calls are like fingernails on a blackboard to my ears.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 01:42 AM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
I agree, he's the only guy worse than our 2.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 07:55 AM
Skraut

At least you guys in Columbus can routinely see FSNOH broadcasts. We have to fight most games to try and see them as opposed to the Cavs. Why can't Sportstime Ohio take one or the other. It makes more sense for STO to take the Cavs, but STO does all their broadcasts in HD which would be great for the Jackets.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 09:21 AM
darrmd

No sure if you realize this or not but last year FSN ohio won a oscar or espy or something that has to do with sports broadcasts. It was for the Detroit game when we shut them out in their house.

My feeling on like dislike etc. And yes I am bias because I know both the announcers and the also the producer. I think once they brought Ed Milliken to produce things started running better. He use to run Hockey Night in Canada years ago. Rimer and Gare remind me of this team a lot. When they teamed up originally it was difficult at times, but now they are getting a system, plus I have this feeling it is much easier to call a game when the team is doing well then when they completely suck.

I use to ask Gare (during the maclean era) if rimer and him had a bottle of Jack up in the booth like Harry Doyle (Bob Uecker) from Major League during the "rough years" Now you can tell they are having fun. Remember they are told to be positive to help sell tickets if anyone has ever met Danny he is very down to earth. So when they were bad he really wanted to say a lot more.

Concerning Rick Jeanneret, I like him just for the quotes. One of our top selling t-shirts is from him.

TOP SHELF - Where Mama hides the cookies!

darrmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Fremitus Borealis
Flügelstürmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
At least you guys in Columbus can routinely see FSNOH broadcasts. We have to fight most games to try and see them as opposed to the Cavs. Why can't Sportstime Ohio take one or the other. It makes more sense for STO to take the Cavs, but STO does all their broadcasts in HD which would be great for the Jackets.
This would never work, Skraut. It makes too much damn sense

Fremitus Borealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 04:14 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:

STO would have to remake their entire operation for this. Their broadcasts are terrible.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 01:02 PM
Skraut

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...y%3A+Rumblings

Quote:
For the second straight year , Fox Sports Net won a regional Emmy for live sporting events for its Blue Jackets coverage, which must make former commentator Danny Gare and former host Jim Day smile.

Gare's contract wasn't renewed and Day was taken off the broadcasts because of team complaints, leaving only play-by-play announcer Jeff Rimer to try to extend the streak.

Former radio commentator Bill Davidge is moving to the TV booth, but there is still no word on what the network plans to do with the pre- and postgame shows. Day was host of those shows inside the arena, but now there are rumors the network might stage them elsewhere.
Seems the standards for regional Emmies keeps dropping. And I thought they were pretty low when I got mine...

Old
07-31-2009, 01:31 PM
LaCosta Nostra

Quote:
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...y%3A+Rumblings

Seems the standards for regional Emmies keeps dropping. And I thought they were pretty low when I got mine...
By "regional", do they mean Nationwide Arena? Even then, I'm not sure they should win.

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 01:34 PM
eljefe72

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCosta Nostra View Post
By "regional", do they mean Nationwide Arena? Even then, I'm not sure they should win.
Actually, by regional, they mean the FSNOhio press box inside of Nationwide Arena.

eljefe72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 01:37 PM
blahblah

Necro!

I'm just hoping they do this studio thing I ready somewhere so I don't have to watch Rimer between periods, or too much before and after the game.

That would help out my viewing pleasure a lot.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 01:44 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCosta Nostra View Post

Looks like they beat out all those other pro teams in West Virginia and Kentucky. We all know there aren't any pro teams left in Cincy.

Old
07-31-2009, 01:49 PM
LaCosta Nostra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemhuff View Post
Actually, by regional, they mean the FSNOhio press box inside of Nationwide Arena.
Even then... I'm not so sure they're a lock for the award.

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 02:37 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

I still wish they'd have left things the way they were. And even if they had to axe Danny Gare, couldn't he have been more capable of running a PP than Claude Noel?

It's only a matter of time before people on here start whining about Bill Davidge's "YEAH!", "Boy, is THAT any good?!?" and/or excited "That's not even fair!" calls during broadcasts & after goals.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 02:47 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
It's only a matter of time before people on here start whining about Bill Davidge's "YEAH!", "Boy, is THAT any good?!?" and/or excited "That's not even fair!" calls during broadcasts & after goals.
Just as long as they don't give him a telestrator and 5 minutes between every period to say "Back it up... no stop right here... now go ahead slowly... now stop." I'll be happy. Fox sports regional coverage has most of the games, would it kill them to get highlights from a few other games going on?

Old
07-31-2009, 02:56 PM
Viqsi
caution: bite hazard

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
I still wish they'd have left things the way they were. And even if they had to axe Danny Gare, couldn't he have been more capable of running a PP than Claude Noel?

Anyone and/or everyone caught whining about or advocating whining about Davidge and/or Matthews will be SET ON FIRE.

This is all.

Congratulations to all Las Vegas area hockey fans, present and future!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 02:57 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Davidge is already a homer. I am scared to think how big a homer he will become with Rimer sitting by his side.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 03:15 PM
CBJ Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Anyone and/or everyone caught whining about or advocating whining about Davidge and/or Matthews will be SET ON FIRE.

This is all.
I second the motion!

CBJ Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 03:45 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post

This is all.
There's only one thing to complain about with Matthews. I said it a long time ago. It's one of the things that most fans like about him. No big deal.

At least Davidge can speak coherently. Maybe he'll force Rimer to pay attention to what is going on, on the ice. Maybe help him understand the rules better.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 04:53 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Davidge is already a homer. I am scared to think how big a homer he will become with Rimer sitting by his side.
This will be interesting to see how Bill handles himself. It is hard to imagine Davidge being more of a homer than he already is.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2009, 04:56 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Gorilla Warrior

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I feel like, compared to TV, radio broadcasts around the NHL in general are a lot more amateurish and feature bigger homers.

Maybe he'll even out a little bit more. But I doubt it.

08-01-2009, 07:40 AM
The Four Seven
Boone Jenner

Quote:
Just as long as they don't give him a telestrator and 5 minutes between every period to say "Back it up... no stop right here... now go ahead slowly... now stop." I'll be happy. Fox sports regional coverage has most of the games, would it kill them to get highlights from a few other games going on?
You gotta admit that it's one less drinking game you can play while watching... but I definitely agree with that last part 100%. I'd like to see other highlights. It's much better than seeing some scores appear at the bottom that "squish" the screen. And it'd be a hell of a lot more coverage than ESPN will provide. Hey-o!

The Four Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Randy Butternubs

vCash: 50
So wait, who is your guys' new color commentator?

Randy Butternubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinelli View Post
So wait, who is your guys' new color commentator?
Bill Davadge, he was our radio color commentator, former Miami of Ohio hockey coach. Radio is getting the color commentator from Syracuse (but his name is eluding me now)

Old
08-02-2009, 12:38 PM
speed fountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaley Klesla 97 View Post
I cant stand Rimer and Gare. they are awful. Id rather listen to whale mating calls during the game.
gare turned me off so much last season that I preferred to watch the yahoo box score most nights instead.

speed fountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Randy Butternubs

vCash: 50
Quote:
Bill Davadge, he was our radio color commentator, former Miami of Ohio hockey coach. Radio is getting the color commentator from Syracuse (but his name is eluding me now)
Oooh, I guess the radio one was the guy I was inquiring about haha. I think it starts with 'Mc'.

Randy Butternubs is offline   Reply With Quote