HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Possible career ending injury for gonchar

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2004, 12:14 PM
fufonzo

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by aHab
It might be within the rules, since it was with a shoulder and not elbow, but really there wasn't much sportsmanship in this one... And I wouldn't call it a "totally clean" hit, since there wasn't much chance that Gonchar will walk away from this one.

Ovetshkin clearly lifts his shoulder before the hit, and by doing so he can't hit anything else than Gonchars head. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what happens when you hit a man straight at the head like that...

But Gonchar also should know better then to skate ahead looking down like that.

All in all, one of those **** happens types of things I guess. I hear it's not that serious what they originally suspected for Gonchar.
If you look very closely, Ovechkin doesn't lift his shoulder at all until he straightens up after the hit. The hit is 100% clean.

(Put the clip on pause and use the slider to freezeframe at the moment of impact and you'll see he doesn't lift the shoulder at all)

EDIT: Check out the hit by frames. http://www.geocities.com/fufonzo/ov_gonch.JPG

Last edited by fufonzo: 10-31-2004 at 12:49 PM.
Old
10-31-2004, 12:22 PM
adurn

If that's a dirty hit, Scott Stevens is the dirtiest player to ever lace up the skates.

Old
10-31-2004, 03:32 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugazi
Sorry Mooch, I do not care about his well being. IF you or I suffered a career ending injury no one would care, why should we care? He has enough money to fall back on and probably isn't stressed about mortgages and bills and doesn't have to do something he hates to pay them. You and I salivate waiting for more hockey because Gonchar and his union want to make sure they can keep making millions, if anything it's karma coming back to him.
Well thats true, but i care.....

Fine if you dont though.

Closed Thread