HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Frolov to Habs Rumour from TEAM990 radio

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-01-2009, 11:55 PM
  #26
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 43,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake the Nation View Post
For those who are not yet familiar with the thought that Frolov is gone, this sure should worry some.

Thia is all about value, this is the Kings starting the auction, including the brothers. Frolov might go to the Habs,but most likely will go somewhere else, and most importantly he will gain the Kings another top 6 forward or 4D with Stanley Cup experience.

Pretty much written in stone, IMO.
Who it will be, is the interesting part.

The Belarus brothers though, don't fit tit the Kings mix at all. Perhaps a 3 way trade if it were to happen.

In my opinion, this off season is about finding something for Frolov. And that is quite harsh for me.
Frolov has been traded from the Kings since his rookie season. I'm just not getting up out of my seat over any rumors involving him without credible sources.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2009, 11:56 PM
  #27
Lead Role in a Cage
Registered User
 
Lead Role in a Cage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
I don't buy that at all.

We have player with all the potential in the world, incredible 2-way game, who has battled with inconsistency his entire career but has mentioned that he enjoys LA and would like to stay with the team.

How do you get the most out of this player? By trading him to a team that doesn't expect to keep him? No.

You get him to play for a contract. Frolov's production this year will be much greater if he's concerned about his future.

Its risky, but you take your time signing Fro in order to get the best out of him. Then (as a result) Frolov helps push this team into potential playoff competition. Than re-sign him in hopes that where the team is in the standings is enough to keep him motivated for the rest of the season.
Well, if I was in charge of the money, I'd probably keep Frolov. I am not though, and I probably will support that he will be gone to, as he is stuck betwenn 1-2 type winger without the money production, and not worth using 1-2 winger to spend the cap on, i.e. not part of "the core". Just my guess.

Hope he stays for the season.

Lead Role in a Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 12:22 AM
  #28
Defgarden
Registered User
 
Defgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Loma Linda, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
I'm not sure I'd give this rumor any credibility, but I'd have to agree with Capn' Ron that they may be trying to move Frolov. That interview/conference thing with Hextall was pretty telling. They didn't want to say that they were actively trying to sign him and that they were looking to deal. I think they're taking calls, weighing offers, and seeing if someone is going to send a good deal their way.

The good thing, if anything with this situation, is that the cards are in Dean's hands here. If they try to trade him, they're going to get a good deal I think, be it now or at the trade deadline. If they keep him, well that's great too. I personally think they should keep him, but that's really dependent on whether someone comes along and offers a really good deal for him.

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 12:47 AM
  #29
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 500
There may not be a single Frolov trade that will be good for the Kings unless it is a package that involves a superstar coming back this way.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 01:26 AM
  #30
FootKnight
This ****ing team
 
FootKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,263
vCash: 500
I'm one of those people who have believe in Dean and his plan this entire time. I don't always trust what he says, but in general I believe in what he's doing and generally trust what he does. If he trades Fro, I honestly don't see any reason to trust him at all anymore. He's always preaching about building our own players and guys with the crown "tattooed on their ass" and that pretty much describes Fro.

He's been brought up in our system his entire career, he's longing for the playoffs, and every single interview he does he says he loves LA and wants to play for the Kings. This is what Deans is talking about. Fro is a loyal King without the team ever having a good season. He loves it here and doesn't want to leave. Dean needs to pay the man and keep him here. He's got the crown tattooed on his ass and is a great player; we need to keep him.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 01:35 AM
  #31
Willard
Kings All The Way
 
Willard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Just Off Highway 1
Posts: 2,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootKnight View Post
I'm one of those people who have believe in Dean and his plan this entire time. I don't always trust what he says, but in general I believe in what he's doing and generally trust what he does. If he trades Fro, I honestly don't see any reason to trust him at all anymore. He's always preaching about building our own players and guys with the crown "tattooed on their ass" and that pretty much describes Fro.

He's been brought up in our system his entire career, he's longing for the playoffs, and every single interview he does he says he loves LA and wants to play for the Kings. This is what Deans is talking about. Fro is a loyal King without the team ever having a good season. He loves it here and doesn't want to leave. Dean needs to pay the man and keep him here. He's got the crown tattooed on his ass and is a great player; we need to keep him.
+1 agreed, and I don't mind saying I enjoy watching him as a King. He is a major piece to the puzzle and it would be terrible to lose him, unless a true superstar were coming back in a trade.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 02:20 AM
  #32
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
I don't buy that at all.

We have player with all the potential in the world, incredible 2-way game, who has battled with inconsistency his entire career but has mentioned that he enjoys LA and would like to stay with the team.

How do you get the most out of this player? By trading him to a team that doesn't expect to keep him? No.

You get him to play for a contract. Frolov's production this year will be much greater if he's concerned about his future.

Its risky, but you take your time signing Fro in order to get the best out of him. Then (as a result) Frolov helps push this team into potential playoff competition. Than re-sign him in hopes that where the team is in the standings is enough to keep him motivated for the rest of the season.
abso- ****in - lutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
There may not be a single Frolov trade that will be good for the Kings unless it is a package that involves a superstar coming back this way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard View Post
+1 agreed, and I don't mind saying I enjoy watching him as a King. He is a major piece to the puzzle and it would be terrible to lose him, unless a true superstar were coming back in a trade.
Have to agree with these as well. Its either Fro or someone better than Fro. Anyone less, even two good but lesser players is not worth it. If Dean trades Fro, it better be a better steal than the Smyth trade, because otherwsie I will most definately be really really pissed. Nothing Dean has done has upset me THAT much. The Vis trade almost did, and the Cammy trade left me feeling a little like my masseuse got a hand cramp in the middle of my happy ending, but trading Fro really would be by far the biggest slap in the face yet.

Grrrr, I get really mad just thinking about it. Leave it to Montreal radio to ruin my perfectly good day.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 03:53 AM
  #33
Thrice
Coyote Killer
 
Thrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
There may not be a single Frolov trade that will be good for the Kings unless it is a package that involves a superstar coming back this way.
A trade that sends Frolov+ to Atlanta for Evander Kane+ could be very good for both teams.

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 04:04 AM
  #34
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
MaxPac or bust.
Would have to think this is the main guy DL would be interested in.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 04:19 AM
  #35
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings
 
JPFT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country:
Posts: 2,723
vCash: 500
If I remember correctly Ron Hextall said something about Frolov being penciled in the line up.

Re-sign him already!!!!

JPFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 04:30 AM
  #36
hans
Registered User
 
hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: westwood
Posts: 2,215
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hans
1. Strictly in terms of value, it's not a bad deal for us at all.
2. We are allegedly trying to build a bigger, stronger and implicitly more "North American" team. Trading a reasonably big, physical European for two smaller Europeans does not accomplish that goal.
3. We should be past the point where we're trading 1-for-3. I'm not sure we're ready for 3-for-1, but I think at this point if we need to trade a player like Frolov, we should be looking to get a comparable player back. Although for what it's worth, I would have pegged Andrei Kostitsyn as exactly the type of player I'd expect as a return strictly in terms of production versus age and contract/RFA years left.
4. This is a rumor and should not be taken seriously until there's reason to take it seriously.

hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 11:57 AM
  #37
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,743
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Would have to think this is the main guy DL would be interested in.
See I think if he's thinking about trading Frolov to Montreal, he's interested in LeBlanc. He was very high on him at the draft. Maybe then the Kings turn around and nab Heatley or Kessel?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 11:58 AM
  #38
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,416
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
If you're going to trade Frolov why not give Ottowa a call first and get Heatley?

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 12:33 PM
  #39
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,316
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
If you're going to trade Frolov why not give Ottowa a call first and get Heatley?
I highly doubt they would after they have pretty much called out Heatley's character in public.

__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 12:42 PM
  #40
DaAnimal
Registered User
 
DaAnimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pasadena
Country: United States
Posts: 1,371
vCash: 500
How bored is the Canadian media?

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 12:57 PM
  #41
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Granada Hills, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,983
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I don't believe anything the french say

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 12:59 PM
  #42
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
I don't buy that at all.

We have player with all the potential in the world, incredible 2-way game, who has battled with inconsistency his entire career but has mentioned that he enjoys LA and would like to stay with the team.

How do you get the most out of this player? By trading him to a team that doesn't expect to keep him? No.

You get him to play for a contract. Frolov's production this year will be much greater if he's concerned about his future.

Its risky, but you take your time signing Fro in order to get the best out of him. Then (as a result) Frolov helps push this team into potential playoff competition. Than re-sign him in hopes that where the team is in the standings is enough to keep him motivated for the rest of the season.
Although, I agree with some of your thinking, I don't see the kings offering Fro a contract. I think at this point trying to get Frolov to play hard for a contract is a little too late. I say the kings will resolve the Frolov matter before the start of the season. I just hope a solid LW comes to us in return.

Almost forgot...whether he wants to remain a king is insignificant at this point unfortunately.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 01:26 PM
  #43
LA Kings Cup Champs
Registered User
 
LA Kings Cup Champs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: KINGS of Hockey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Almost forgot...whether he (Frolov) wants to remain a king is insignificant at this point unfortunately.
I have to highly disagree with you here.

Are telling me that you think that DL would have no interest in signing a guy who has come up through the system; has two 30-goal season, is still young/in his prime (only 27), who, albeit, loafs at times and is semi injury prone, to a home town discount (let's say 3.5 mil for 5 years), would not be what DL is looking for?

I agree that Frolov would probably want more, so let's just say that he could be had for between $4-4.5 for 5 years. I would think that unless, behind closed doors, Frolov has shown no desire to get better on and off the ice, than DL will make every attempt to sign Froloaf to a team-friendly discount for a long time (ala. Dustin Brown).

LA Kings Cup Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 01:26 PM
  #44
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
I don't believe anything the french say
Amen brother

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 01:34 PM
  #45
HockeyWizz
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Who would replace Frolov?

Would it be Kessel?

HockeyWizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 01:35 PM
  #46
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I highly doubt they would after they have pretty much called out Heatley's character in public.
This was also before we got Smyth, which could change things a little in that Heatley's bad character might be assuaged by Smyth's uber good character. Just a thought I had a few days ago. With guys like Smyth and Scuderi providing quality leadership on and off the ice, and the core leadership group of Brown, Greene and Kopitar still in tact, along with other great character guys like Moller and Stoll and Doughty too, perhaps now Heatley wouldn't cause as much of a disturbance as he would have before we got Smyth and Scuderi.

You know me, I want Frolov to stay. I will still take Heatley in a heartbeat though. Especially now, his value has to be dirt cheap if Brian Murray knows whats good for him. He'd be lucky to get a player of Frolov's caliber at this point.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 01:45 PM
  #47
wesott11
Registered User
 
wesott11's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: huntington beach,CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
I don't believe anything the french say
I could not agree more

wesott11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 01:55 PM
  #48
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy Squid View Post
I have to highly disagree with you here.

Are telling me that you think that DL would have no interest in signing a guy who has come up through the system; has two 30-goal season, is still young/in his prime (only 27), who, albeit, loafs at times and is semi injury prone, to a home town discount (let's say 3.5 mil for 5 years), would not be what DL is looking for?

I agree that Frolov would probably want more, so let's just say that he could be had for between $4-4.5 for 5 years. I would think that unless, behind closed doors, Frolov has shown no desire to get better on and off the ice, than DL will make every attempt to sign Froloaf to a team-friendly discount for a long time (ala. Dustin Brown).
The number is unrealistic but I understand what you're getting at. And to answer your question, IF DL does sign Frolov to a hometown discount, I think DL is savvy enough to use that contract to his advantage and trade Frolov eventually.

I just think DL has already made up his mind about trading Frolov. It's just a matter of getting the right kind of deal.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 02:01 PM
  #49
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I just think DL has already made up his mind about trading Frolov. It's just a matter of getting the right kind of deal.
Unfortunately you may be right on that one. A guy can hope though, can't he?

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 02:18 PM
  #50
LA Kings Cup Champs
Registered User
 
LA Kings Cup Champs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: KINGS of Hockey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
The number is unrealistic but I understand what you're getting at. And to answer your question, IF DL does sign Frolov to a hometown discount, I think DL is savvy enough to use that contract to his advantage and trade Frolov eventually.

I just think DL has already made up his mind about trading Frolov. It's just a matter of getting the right kind of deal.
Fair enough.

LA Kings Cup Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.