HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs involve in a potential 3 way trade involving Heatley? (per Ottawa Sun Media)

Old
08-02-2009, 01:46 PM
mariolemieux66

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:

Hamrlik heading to Dallas somehow with Steve Ott making his way to Montreal...
I hope Robidas is coming here in that deal.

Ott for Hamrlik is'nt a good trade for Montreal.

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
I dont think anybody on this boards would ever try to convince you of anything. I'm saying that Ak is worth more than Clowe and SK more than a 1st.

Like i said if we end up with Clowe i'd get over the overpayment, if it doesn't include AK.
Thanks for the laugh.

Incredible how some overrate our players...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
You didn't read the last report? He won't play in the NHL unless he gets to play a half year deal with two teams; 41 games with the San Jose Sharks and 41 games with the Edmonton Oilers. Playoffs are conditional.
I heard that he want to play without a helmet too

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 01:48 PM
PATCHESx67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman777 View Post
What about...

To OTT:

MTL First round pick 2010
SJS First Round Pick 2010
Andrei Kostitsyn (3.250)
Tomas Plekanec (2.750)

To SJS:

Dany Heatley (7.500)

To MTL:

Patrick Marleau (6.300)
Christian Erhoff (3.100)

Ottawa takes on a net of -1.500 million, enough to get them under the cap. I don't know if it makes them "better" but it doesn' make them too much worse and beggars can't be choosers.

San Jose takes a net of -1.900 million, keeps them well below the cap and they get a HOF sniper to play with Thornton.

Montreal has 3.226 million of cap space right now, with the trades Montrwal takes on a net of 3.400 million, so it puts us over the cap, unless we waive Metropolit AND/OR put Laraque on LTIR. With those moves it'd be fine and a Marleau/Gomez 1/2 would be sweet.
ohhhhh please NOOO,we would look very good this year but then we wouldnt have money for Marleau next year so we would loose him

and then our ontarien rivals would end up with three 1st round picks in 2010 plus a young promising sniper in Akost + pleks sorry but from a habs fan i would stay far away from that trade

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Thanks for the laugh.
You made me laugh so much over the years, it's the least i can do.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

This is confirmed Garrioch.

Garrioch has a long standing committment to writing nonsense that make Gainey and the Habs management in general look like doofuses. It continues.

Garrioch seems to know from NHL sources what the proposal on the table for Heatley is, however seemingly has no idea what it will take to make the deal work. Just throws Montreal into the mix randomly as a team willing to throw talent to a division rival so that another team can land Heatley.

Garrioch must have had a tight deadline after a drinking binge.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Thanks for the laugh.

or overrate other team players

Old
08-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Personnaly i always give an advantage to players we have drafted and developped, but SK is worth more than first, even without my drafting advantage.

Old
Max Levine

Asterix, aren't you helping the Sens an awful lot here? If the rumour is true, Gainey seems to be trying to make new friends inside his own conference. First, Glen Sather; now, Bryan Murray. Anybody else with a tough case and ****** contract we can help with? I wouldn't do Clowe/AK one on one.

That being said, I seem to be the only one trusting Plekanec to reach 65+ pts this season and AK hitting 30 goals. Maybe I'm just not that crazy about Marleau. Maybe I see him as a one-year deal who's gonna cost us more potential players. No doubt I'm in the minority here (or maybe all alone) but I'd rather go with Plek than Marleau.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Do you really think that Sergei Kostitsyn is worth more than a first round pick? Say that without laughing...

Old
08-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Do you really think that Sergei Kostitsyn is worth more than a first round pick? Say that without laughing...
What kind of pick would you give for SK?

Old
08-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
Asterix, aren't you helping the Sens an awful lot here? If the rumour is true, Gainey seems to be trying to make new friends inside his own conference. First, Glen Sather; now, Bryan Murray. Anybody else with a tough case and ****** contract we can help with? I wouldn't do Clowe/AK one on one.

That being said, I seem to be the only one trusting Plekanec to reach 65+ pts this season and AK hitting 30 goals. Maybe I'm just not that crazy about Marleau. Maybe I see him as a one-year deal who's gonna cost us more potential players. No doubt I'm in the minority here (or maybe all alone) but I'd rather go with Plek than Marleau.
i cannot understand the Habland fascination with Marleau.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Is it for Ottawa's first round pick or San Jose's first round pick? And this isn't a straight up asset for asset trade with San Jose. We also take our division rival out of a heap of dung for a deal that has tenuous value at best.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 02:00 PM
LeHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
i cannot understand the Habland fascination with Marleau.
He has a French sounding name.

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 02:04 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Leclair still have question mark over his head. Nabokov is a all star
I'm thinking Halak may have just as many question marks over his head as he has never been a starter in the NHL.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
I understand what you're saying but what does this team desperately needs? Grit and size up front on the top two lines. Yes, a bigger center would be nice but I truly believe, as you do obviously, that Plekanec can do the job if push comes to shove, as bigger top two centers are few and far between, let alone the ones that are available. Marleau is all fine and dandy but he has a NTC and if we believe the players who have commented recently about the reasons not to sign here, I doubt he'd waive it.

The proposal that I put forth was not AK for Clowe, but rather AK and SK for Clowe and a first. I am a ease thinking that value-wise, this is a fair deal and those who think that SK is worth more than a first live in a different world. Clowe had 135 hits last year while putting up 22 goals and 52 points. He's 6'2" and 225 lbs, and uses his big body, which would complement our smaller skilled forwards to a tee. Here's his scouting report:

ASSETS: Plays a solid up-and-down game, and is a throwback winger who loves to check and do the dirty work. Is versatile enough to line up on either wing.

It seems to me that the Kostitsyn's are not only overrated (and I like them), but highly overrated by some here. Those are the same people who were raving about Komisarek but are now saying that he's a bum because he's no longer with us.

I do think that we're a better team with Clowe than with the Kostitsyn brothers, because he brings something we're lacking on our top two lines and that's not even counting the first round pick! The last time we traded for a first rounder acquired in a trade was also from San Jose and guess who we picked? Max Pacioretty. But I bet that just to save face, some will say that SK is a better prospect than MaxPac, right?

I'd pull the trigger on that deal in a heart beat without looking back.

Old
08-02-2009, 02:06 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Definitely worth more than San Jose's first-round pick.

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 02:06 PM
supertzar

Definitely don't want to give up the Kostitsyn's for one year of Marleau. That would be just dumb.

supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 02:07 PM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
I would rather see what Latendresse can do playing top 6 minutes then trading Andrei Kostitsyn for Clowe.

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
yes, he's a proven NHL players who got 1st pick numbers in the junior and a point per game in the AHL

Old
08-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post
Definitely worth more than San Jose's first-round pick.
You have a choice in a throw-in for a trade between Max Pacioretty and Sergei Kostitsyn. Which do you give up?

Old
08-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Thanks for the laugh.

Or underrate our players *cough cough*

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Everyone moving one of the Kostitsyn best include both because I have a suspicious feeling the other will perform poorly because of a dislike of no longer having his brother around, viewing it as distasteful. Nonetheless while I am still on the fence about Andrei, I would not trade him for San Jose's trash. Cheechoo? He has netted less points than Andrei and is I believe five years his senior.

This is a possibility I just thought up on the fly. So feel free to flame.

To Ottawa
Roman Hamrlik
Thomas Plekanec
Jonathan Cheechoo

To Montreal
Patrick Marleau
Christian Ehrhoff

To San Jose
Dany Heatley
Chris Kelly
Defensive prospect from Montreal not named Subban
Conditional draft pick (2nd unless Montreal passes into the 2nd round of the playoffs; at which time it becomes a 1st)

San Jose would likely have to offer something else to Ottawa, a draft pick perhaps and Ottawa still has some cap issues otherwise this sounds like a fair deal.

Ottawa improves on defense and adds to scorers, albeit taking a chance on Cheechoo (which is why I mentioned San Jose having to give them a draft pick.) Montreal has a huge improvement at centre, finally acquiring the big body centre they have always needed while upgrading significantly on Hamrlik and finally San Jose acquires one of the best goal scorer in the NHL and a defensive prospect with the possibility of another prospect depending how well Montreal fairs.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

SK is certainly worth a late first rounder or a second rounder. It's not Sergei who is overrated, it's the value of the pick.

Something like 40% of all first rounders never play more than 200 games in the NHL. It would be very surprising if Sergei never make it to that threshold, considering how quick he made the league and how young he is. "Recycling" Sergei for a late first rounder would mean betting that this new player will be better than Sergei - and of course, you need to factor that Sergei is already well developed while you'll wait at least 2-3 years before knowing how your first round pick fares.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

my father just tell me that on RDI they said, that the Habs want to land Marleau and that Plekanec and Gorges will be a part of the deal