HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Your team: give or take

Old
08-02-2009, 12:36 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 500
Carolina:
Needs: Legit first line playmaking winger on a relatively affordable salary.

Available: Samsonov, Babchuk, defensive prospects not named McBain or Dumoulin

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Mizral

I'd say as follows:

Vancouver needs a mobile, top 4 defense and a gritty, veteran PKing forward.

Availabe: Tweener young forwards and prospects like Cory Schnieder and Michael Grabner.

And I'll do one for Edmonton & Calgary too as I watch them a bunch:

Edmonton needs a shut-down top pairing defenseman and a top 6 center who can score. They can afford to move a top 4 defenseman (Visnovsky, Souray, or Gilbert) as well as a need to drop at least one big contract in Penner or Horcoff ... preferably Penner.

Calgary isn't in need of much right now, but I'll venture at least one more veteran PKing forward and draft picks so as to not to add salary. They've got a glut of NHL defenseman - Pardy, Stralman, Giordano, Kronwall, Pelech, at least one can go. Also they can likely afford to rid themselves of a salary but this is a deal that may make sense in the off-season.

Mizral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral View Post
Edmonton needs a shut-down top pairing defenseman and a top 6 center who can score. They can afford to move a top 4 defenseman (Visnovsky, Souray, or Gilbert) as well as a need to drop at least one big contract in Penner or Horcoff ... preferably Penner.
Penner is definitely a high risk player, but I also believe that he can be a high reward player as well. Again, going with what Montreal might have available, something might be workable based on Hamrlik (solid, stay at home veteran d-man) and Penner (sizeable top 6 potential forward) with additions here and there...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 12:56 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Nashville:

1. Goal scoring top 6 forward

2. Dan Ellis, one of Jeremy Smith or Chet Pickard,

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 01:26 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Nashville:

1. Goal scoring top 6 forward, preferably with decent size and/or speed.

2. Dan Ellis, Jeremy Smith, Cody Franson, potentially Dan Hamhuis or Kevin Klein (depending on player caliber), draft picks
Much better.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 02:05 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral View Post
I'd say as follows:

Vancouver needs a mobile, top 4 defense and a gritty, veteran PKing forward.

Availabe: Tweener young forwards and prospects like Cory Schnieder and Michael Grabner.

And I'll do one for Edmonton & Calgary too as I watch them a bunch:

Calgary isn't in need of much right now, but I'll venture at least one more veteran PKing forward and draft picks so as to not to add salary. They've got a glut of NHL defenseman - Pardy, Stralman, Giordano, Kronwall, Pelech, at least one can go. Also they can likely afford to rid themselves of a salary but this is a deal that may make sense in the off-season.

Imma add to the Vancouver One.
We need a TOP PAIRING puck moving Dman (Preferably RH'd). a young puck moving dman Prospect. Depth in all areas (goaltending past Lu makes me kinda nervous)

Going out. Raymond Hansen Wellwood Grabner Shirokov. Picks. Cory Schnieder.
(Possibly depending on how season plays out) Demitra. (Bernier may be available for a decent return.)

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 02:44 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk214 View Post
Needs: Motivation, Heart, Grit

Avaliable: Everyone for the right price. (except Boyle and Blake)
Its not everyday you see Rob Blake as the 2nd most untouchable player on the Sharks.

Needs: Proven playoff performers, especially on 1st/2nd lines. Wingers preferred (not moving Thornton and Pavelski). Another shut-down Dman so Huskins and Lukowich can be sent down. 3rd liner to offset the loss of Moen, Grier and Roenick. Get under salary cap. Cheap veteran backup netminder with playoff experience would be nice too in case Nabby pulls something.

Gives: Anyone NOT named Boyle, Vlasic, Pavelski, Nabokov, Setoguchi and Michalek. Will only listen to offers for Thornton for the right price.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 02:55 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk214 View Post
Needs: Motivation, Heart, Grit
I heard that there's this Zherdev guy available...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotmybeef View Post
Leafs: considering we're going to miss the playoffs again...pieces in terms of the future

Needs: young puck moving defencemen, young goal scoring winger (40 goal scorer)

Avaliable: everybody except the new guys and Grabovski, Kulemin, Tlusty, Kadri, Bozak, Stalberg, prospects and picks, Gustavsson
schenn?

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 03:09 PM
SaintMorose

vCash: 200
Calgary

Needs:
One more of our young guys to step up and legitimately play in a top 6 position

Willing to give up:
All talk of re-signing Bertuzzi or trading Cory Sarich

SaintMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 03:29 PM
mercury

Philadelphia Flyers

Needs: 3rd line center who plays D and wins faceoffs, veteran winger with size and who can score some goals, cap space

Available: Matt Carle or Randy Jones, mid-tier prospects

Really, the Flyers don't need to make a trade for a player. Carle for a cheap player/prospect and pick or Jones for nothing would be all that is necessary, since people like Malhotra or Bonk (for 3rd line center) and Bertuzzi or Prospal (for veteran winger) are still available. We'd just need to get rid of one of the d-men.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 03:33 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Philadelphia Flyers

Needs: 3rd line center who plays D and wins faceoffs, veteran winger with size and who can score some goals, cap space

Available: Matt Carle or Randy Jones, mid-tier prospects

Really, the Flyers don't need to make a trade for a player. Carle for a cheap player/prospect and pick or Jones for nothing would be all that is necessary, since people like Malhotra or Bonk (for 3rd line center) and Bertuzzi or Prospal (for veteran winger) are still available. We'd just need to get rid of one of the d-men.
Pat White for Randy Jones and a 3rd?

Than Sign Dom Moore for a year. add Bert and your pretty well good to go.

Old
08-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Tomahawk214
i'm not even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Its not everyday you see Rob Blake as the 2nd most untouchable player on the Sharks.

Needs: Proven playoff performers, especially on 1st/2nd lines. Wingers preferred (not moving Thornton and Pavelski). Another shut-down Dman so Huskins and Lukowich can be sent down. 3rd liner to offset the loss of Moen, Grier and Roenick. Get under salary cap. Cheap veteran backup netminder with playoff experience would be nice too in case Nabby pulls something.

Gives: Anyone NOT named Boyle, Vlasic, Pavelski, Nabokov, Setoguchi and Michalek. Will only listen to offers for Thornton for the right price.
Blake is a veteran that we need on our D at the moment. I really don't see DW putting im in any trade deals this year.

Tomahawk214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 03:42 PM
trooper

Columbus Blue Jackets

Need: Puck-moving, PPQB D-Man (Preferably right handed shot and relatively young)

Available: Chimera, Boll, Modin (NTC), Methot, Huselius, Murray, Dorsett, Picard, Sestito, Mayorov, Draft picks (likely not a 1st unless the D-man is a star), other prospects besides the Big 4, possibly Klesla, Torres

trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 03:56 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Pat White for Randy Jones and a 3rd?

Than Sign Dom Moore for a year. add Bert and your pretty well good to go.

You think Dominic Moore would want to play with Todd Bertuzzi?

Old
08-02-2009, 04:00 PM
mstad101

Quote:
You think Dominic Moore would want to play with Todd Bertuzzi?
sorry i guess that came off as a bad joke.
i said Bert becuz he is still being paid for not playing on most of the teams he has played for now.
Bert would prolly sign for bout 1.5 if anyone was willing to give it to him (pretty sure he still makes 550K from the Ducks)

And Dominic Moore is your best bet for Checking Centre that can play a decent game of Hockey.
Id sign Moore for 1.1-1.75 if we didnt have Ryan "Puck Blocking Machine" Johnson.

Old
08-02-2009, 04:03 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
Columbus Blue Jackets

Need: Puck-moving, PPQB D-Man (Preferably right handed shot and relatively young)

Available: Chimera, Boll, Modin (NTC), Methot, Huselius, Murray, Dorsett, Picard, Sestito, Mayorov, Draft picks (likely not a 1st unless the D-man is a star), other prospects besides the Big 4, possibly Klesla, Torres

I'd love to send Carle to Columbus for Methot and a pick. He's a lefty, but he'll be 25 in September, and he could get back to 2007 form with a defensive partner who is solid in his own zone. We could definitely get Malhotra then.

Gagne-Richards-Briere
Hartnell-Carter-Giroux
Pyorala-Malhotra-Laperriere
Carcillo-Powe-Asham
Cote

Timonen-Coburn
Pronger-Parent
Methot-Jones
Tollefsen

Emery
Boucher

With guys like JVR, Nodl, Ross, Matsumoto, Kaspar, Kolanos, Marshall, and (maybe) Bourdon on the Phantoms. That would be sweet.

Old
08-02-2009, 04:05 PM
CaptainKishimoto
=-{Astral Finish}-=

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
sorry i guess that came off as a bad joke.
i said Bert becuz he is still being paid for not playing on most of the teams he has played for now.
Bert would prolly sign for bout 1.5 if anyone was willing to give it to him (pretty sure he still makes 550K from the Ducks)

And Dominic Moore is your best bet for Checking Centre that can play a decent game of Hockey.
Id sign Moore for 1.1-1.75 if we didnt have Ryan "Puck Blocking Machine" Johnson.
Pretty sure he wants 2-3 mill (or something equally ridiculous) as the Leafs offered him that.

CaptainKishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 04:09 PM
marty20

Vancouver:

Needs - Puck-moving defenceman, top-six forward

Could Move - Prospects like Corey Schnieder, Michael Grabner......

marty20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 04:11 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKishimoto View Post
Pretty sure he wants 2-3 mill (or something equally ridiculous) as the Leafs offered him that.
well i think it comes a point in every summer for guys like Dom Moore (who i say thrive on the concept of 1 Year deals)
That if your not signed come training camp. GUESS WHAT. you dont get to play.

And signing a 1year deal with Philly. almost ensures himself playing time after March. something Moore hasnt really gotten a chance to do lately.
And that 1 year deal could be a pretty freaking good shot at the Cup. Pen State and Boston look to be the head of the Class come Sept, a chance on any of those teams. Even if it were for league minimum. Gives you that much more of a step ahead in getting your name on the Cup.

And ive always been under the impression, Winning comes first, Money comes with Winning, And Winners always seem to be the guys with Money.

But apples n oranges right, everyone has their opinions.

Old
08-02-2009, 04:11 PM
trooper

Quote:
I'd love to send Carle to Columbus for Methot and a pick. He's a lefty, but he'll be 25 in September, and he could get back to 2007 form with a defensive partner who is solid in his own zone. We could definitely get Malhotra then.

Gagne-Richards-Briere
Hartnell-Carter-Giroux
Pyorala-Malhotra-Laperriere
Carcillo-Powe-Asham
Cote

Timonen-Coburn
Pronger-Parent
Methot-Jones
Tollefsen

Emery
Boucher

With guys like JVR, Nodl, Ross, Matsumoto, Kaspar, Kolanos, Marshall, and (maybe) Bourdon on the Phantoms. That would be sweet.

I don't think that is out of the question...Carle for Methot + 3rd 2010?

Old
08-02-2009, 04:13 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
I don't think that is out of the question...Carle for Methot + 3rd 2010?

I was kinda hoping for a 2nd, but it's not far off. Do you have a decent defensive prospect you'd rather include than a pick?

Old
08-02-2009, 04:13 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty20 View Post
Vancouver:

Needs - Puck-moving defenceman, top-six forward

Could Move - Prospects like Corey Schnieder, Michael Grabner......
Where would we fit this Top 6 Forward? which one of our already established top 6 guys would be on the Way out?
Where you put Cody Hodgson with the aquistion of this Forward?
Does Michael Grabner have to put up another Team MVP like performance in the A again?
now past that. Where does Wellwood fit in now? too many question marks after aquiring another top 6 guy.

Old
08-02-2009, 04:22 PM
nmbr_24

Boston

Needs: Cap space

Willing to give up: Chuck Kobasew, Andrew Ference

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2009, 04:25 PM
trooper

Quote:
I was kinda hoping for a 2nd, but it's not far off. Do you have a decent defensive prospect you'd rather include than a pick?
Hmm... we're pretty high on Goloubef, Ruth, and Moore. I know Carle is pretty nice on O, but Methot would help with cap issues...hence the 3rd. Not really sure about any other D prospects...Russell isn't an option. How about Legein (Winger prospect, much upside, but sorta pissed the organization off)? Something like Methot + Legein for Carle + 3rd? Methot's hit is 1.012M, while Carle's is 3.438 (nhlnumbers.com). Or maybe Methot + Chimera for Carle + 3rd. PHI still saves roughly 800K and gets 2 for 1.