HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ott - SJ - Chicago

Old
08-03-2009, 12:43 AM
Vaasa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllNightmareLong View Post
Fair enough, I'll admit I dont know much about the Sharks organization, I just thought they might be looking to make a splash. But think about it out of the 3 players I mentioned, Heatley upgrades MM, and as far as Ive seen you guys have been trying to get rid of Cheech. If you cant replace Erhoff, which is understandable, then yeah, It wont work.

I understand what your saying, but if you stand pat with your team now, and dont make it deep into the playoffs, at what point do you make a move?
A splash is one thing. But harming your team by making a splash is something else entirely. Heatley upgrades MM only offensively. He's not as physical, he's not as fast, he's no where near as good defensively, and he's a heck of lot more expensive. On a depth and cap constrained team like the Sharks, those things have to be factored in. And Cheechoo can honestly just be waived if necessary. There is no need to give up assets to clear his contract off the books. The Sharks did it last season with Kyle McLaren. They can do it again this season with Cheechoo if they need to.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 12:45 AM
Mach 9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
Petrecki is not valued for his offense. He has virtually none at this point (although he has showed some glimmers). But what he does provide is overwhelming physical play and he can skate extremely well (especially for a guy his size). This is a player who as a freshman was so dominating at the college level that he was still taking penalties simply because he was that much stronger than all the other players.

Out of every hockey prospect out there, Petrecki is the closest thing I have seen to a player who might have a reasonable chance to be the new Scott Stevens in the NHL. Just an absolutely dominating physical player who would make other players choke off the puck just because they don't want to be hammered by him. Petrecki is the single most untouchable prospect in the Sharks org as far as I'm concerned. Even more so than Couture.
There's one thing us Sharks-Sens fans agree on

We think Petrecki is better than couture.

Take out petrecki throw in a 2nd from SJ?

Mach 9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 12:48 AM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSenators11 View Post
Who do you think he is??

You wouldn't give up a PROSPECT for Heatley... He would be the one person they wouldn't give up?

I thought I would be flamed for including Erhoff.

Quick Comparison...

Patrick Wiercioch

36 Games 12 goals, 23 Assists (Last year in College hockey)

42 Games 5 goals, 7 assists ( 07-08 College Hockey)

I'm not really sure if he's more of A stay at home defenseman, but still I would throw him in If I were a Shark

Nick Petrecki is not the second coming of Jesus my friend

BTW Wiercioch is our 4th-5th best prospect
No offense, but that's terrible logic. Who would you rather have on defense, Jaroslav Spacek or Robyn Regher?

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 12:54 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Who do you think he is??

You wouldn't give up a PROSPECT for Heatley... He would be the one person they wouldn't give up?

I thought I would be flamed for including Erhoff.

Quick Comparison...

Patrick Wiercioch

36 Games 12 goals, 23 Assists (Last year in College hockey)

42 Games 5 goals, 7 assists ( 07-08 College Hockey)

I'm not really sure if he's more of A stay at home defenseman, but still I would throw him in If I were a Shark

Nick Petrecki is not the second coming of Jesus my friend

I don't give a damn who your best prospects are. I don't give a damn if you know who Petrecki is or not. There's a reason why he is untouchable to the fanbase here and to the organization.

His time in college has been spent focusing on his defensive game. His offensive skills are there and will be worked on when the Sharks get a hold of him.

Petrecki is a better defensive prospect than anything the Senators to have to offer. For Heatley straight up would be impossible with the salary cap so in terms of realistic proposals and trade offers, there is nothing on the table that would possibly entice me to deal Petrecki.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 12:56 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
To Chicago: 1st Round Pick, Logan Coutoure, Ilya Zubov

To San Jose: Dany Heatley

To Ottawa: Mihan Mihalek, Christian Erhoff, Patrick Sharp

Why San Jose does it: They shape up their roster by adding Dany Heatley, like they wanted to do. It costs them only 2 roster players, important since Marleau is UFA in a year.

Why Chicago does it: Cap flexibility, and the fact that Patrick Sharp is likely the odd man out next season. The pick and blue chips help re-stock the cupboard to allow them to be competitive now and going forward.

Why Ottawa does it: They trade Heatley, get the two top six they wanted and get a reasonable return. I'm not convinced Patrick Sharp is truly a top line player, but he is a solid 2nd liner, and Mihalek might be as well. Both are young enough to fit in the Sens plans.

Ottawa dumps Jason Smith in the minors. Thoughts?

Counter offer

To Sharks
LW Dany Heatley

To Sens
LW Milan Michalek
RW Kris Versteeg

To Hawks
D Christian Erhoff

Cap hits change a bit for each team but each adds good talent.

Sens get 2 young top 6 forwards for top line LW , Sharks get a gamebreaker to play with Thornton and Hawks get another young dman to give us the deepest defense in league.

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 01:08 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
To Sharks
LW Dany Heatley

To Sens
LW Milan Michalek
RW Kris Versteeg

To Hawks
D Christian Erhoff
I was under the impression the Sens biggest need was a top pairing D man. I would think Michalek + Ehrhoff alone would get the job done for the Sens, don't need the hawks.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 01:08 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
REDO:

To CHI: Chris Kelly, McGuinn
To OTT: Milan Michalek, Versteeg, SJ 2nd round pick
To SJ: Dany Heatley
I fixed it because Sharks fans don't want to deal Petrecki since he's the 2nd coming of Christ. I didn't touch Couture, Erhoff, Marleau or their 1st round pick too. Only Ottawa gets hosed there, so they should be happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Petrecki is a better defensive prospect than anything the Senators to have to offer. For Heatley straight up would be impossible with the salary cap so in terms of realistic proposals and trade offers, there is nothing on the table that would possibly entice me to deal Petrecki.
Are you saying Petrecki is a better prospect than Cowen, Karlsson and Wiercioch? Sorry, i didn't know. You wouldn't trade him for one of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

To Sharks
LW Dany Heatley

To Sens
LW Milan Michalek
RW Kris Versteeg

To Hawks
D Christian Erhoff
Very good deal too, for each team. But if the Sharks offer Michalek + Ehrhoff for Heatley, Chicago doesn't have to be involved then, but i'd take this deal.

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 01:09 AM
Mach 9*

Quote:
I don't give a damn who your best prospects are. I don't give a damn if you know who Petrecki is or not. There's a reason why he is untouchable to the fanbase here and to the organization.

His time in college has been spent focusing on his defensive game. His offensive skills are there and will be worked on when the Sharks get a hold of him.

Cowen, my friend

Old
08-03-2009, 01:18 AM
hockeyball

Nobody listens, put the rulers away and put your pants back on.

We can't trade Patrecki because he is our ONLY top defensive prospect, period. We have no others, none even close that could even approach top 4 potential.

It's not a matter of value, it's a matter of availability. We have no prospects to give. Couture might be possible simply because we don't have room on the team for him. Even then, I doubt it because DW loves Couture.

Obviously DW is willing to give up our 1st, which pisses me off. We don't need Heatley, I personally don't want Heatley, and I don't see him getting this team any farther than past efforts have. Our problem is purely attitude, not skill. If all DW does this off season is add more skill, I think he should be fired.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 01:19 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Are you saying Petrecki is a better prospect than Cowen, Karlsson and Wiercioch? Sorry, i didn't know. You wouldn't trade him for one of them?
Quote:
Cowen, my friend
Petrecki is better.

Old
08-03-2009, 01:26 AM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
You're making numbers up
According to NHLscap, 4.559mil. Granted, Hossa's injury will qualify for LTIR relief, but what will that save? 3mil if he's out for 4 months? I agree that this deal doesn't make sense to involve CHI as the 3rd party, but for Hawks fans who think Sharp is going for too little a return, you are in for a shocker before the start of the season. Someone is going to go for a lot less than you'd like.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 01:27 AM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Petrecki is better.
Uhh, not a Sens fan, but I'll take Cowen any day over Petrecki... and I like what Petrecki brings.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 01:37 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Uhh, not a Sens fan, but I'll take Cowen any day over Petrecki... and I like what Petrecki brings.
That's fine but I wouldn't trade Petrecki for him or any other Senator prospect at this point. It's going to take longer for Cowen to develop as Petrecki is closer to being ready. The Sharks will need Petrecki when he's ready considering our current defenseman that are getting closer to retirement. Cowen and Petrecki are very similar but Petrecki is a little more polished overall and especially physically.

Old
08-03-2009, 02:02 AM
Mach 9*

Quote:
That's fine but I wouldn't trade Petrecki for him or any other Senator prospect at this point. It's going to take longer for Cowen to develop as Petrecki is closer to being ready. The Sharks will need Petrecki when he's ready considering our current defenseman that are getting closer to retirement. Cowen and Petrecki are very similar but Petrecki is a little more polished overall and especially physically.
Back on topic...

To OTT: Michalek, Erhoff

To SJ: Heatley

Done deal?

Old
08-03-2009, 02:13 AM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

Quote:
Back on topic...

To OTT: Michalek, Erhoff

To SJ: Heatley

Done deal?
We can't take on more salary. Otherwise, Wilson would've made the deal already.

Counteroffer:

OTT: Ehrhoff, Cheechoo, Michalek or Marleau
SJ: Heatley, Kuba

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 02:26 AM
Mach 9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
We can't take on more salary. Otherwise, Wilson would've made the deal already.

Counteroffer:

OTT: Ehrhoff, Cheechoo, Michalek or Marleau
SJ: Heatley, Kuba
Considered by Murray, but I don't think He wants to get rid of Kuba. We jsut gave him an extension.

I'd think Smith,Schubert,Kelly and a few of our prosects are the only ones available

Old
08-03-2009, 02:30 AM
Fatturdmanshark
Kiss my Fins

I spit on this proposal with great displeasure

Fatturdmanshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 02:43 AM
Vaasa

And since I see his name starting to pop up, please leave McGinn out of any trade proposals. As the Sharks fans have said, we have no prospect base. McGinn will be playing his first full season this year and at less than a million a year is too cheap to give up. No, adding Donovan or someone else won't replace him. McGinn has top 6 potential, and other than Couture (who isn't ready yet), he's the only one left in the pipeline for at least 3-4 years. He may only top out as a 3rd line guy, but he's all we got. The Sharks need to shed cap, and trading McGinn makes no sense from a cap management perspective.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 04:17 AM
Pyke*

As an aside, Sharks fans can keep Petricki. Never heard of him, and don't really care about him. Maybe he turns into a great defenseman, maybe not. I've heard of 95% of blue chip prospects for every team in the league, so I find it strange that I've never heard of someone that someone is saying is the next Scott Stevens (you'd think such a player would be a top 10 draft pick).

But whatever. It doesn't really matter. On the other hand, what does matter is the trade proposal.

It's very simple. The Sharks should give up Mihalek + Ehroff + Cheechoo for Heatley.

OR, they could give up Mihalek + Ehroff + Versteeg/Sharp... Or maybe, if the Sens were amiable, Mihalek + Ehroff + Coutoure + 1st.... I dunno if that works for the Sens, but who knows.

In any event, I don't see why we're talking about Petricki.

-=-=-

Oh and, by the by, I would take Karlsson, Cowen or Weircioch over Petricki any day.. And I think most NHL scouts would too.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 04:35 AM
4thliner*

Quote:

No he isn't. I can't possibly see anyone in Ottawa system with the exception of maybe Erik Karlsson and Jared Cowan ahead of him.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 04:39 AM
SteelCitySensFan

WOW...I want to know why some of my posts were deleted. Are you not allowed to debate with moderators? I made a good point against him and he deletes everything we both said. Thats unbelievable.

SteelCitySensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 04:44 AM
matt trick

Quote:
As an aside, Sharks fans can keep Petricki. Never heard of him, and don't really care about him. Maybe he turns into a great defenseman, maybe not. I've heard of 95% of blue chip prospects for every team in the league, so I find it strange that I've never heard of someone that someone is saying is the next Scott Stevens (you'd think such a player would be a top 10 draft pick).

But whatever. It doesn't really matter. On the other hand, what does matter is the trade proposal.

It's very simple. The Sharks should give up Mihalek + Ehroff + Cheechoo for Heatley.

OR, they could give up Mihalek + Ehroff + Versteeg/Sharp... Or maybe, if the Sens were amiable, Mihalek + Ehroff + Coutoure + 1st.... I dunno if that works for the Sens, but who knows.

In any event, I don't see why we're talking about Petricki.

-=-=-

Oh and, by the by, I would take Karlsson, Cowen or Weircioch over Petricki any day.. And I think most NHL scouts would too.
I think he is being a bit overrated by sharks fans (I live in Spokane and it is Cowen no contest, provided the knee holds up), but if you haven't heard ofPetrecki look into him. I think he has a reaonsable chance of being a meaner, but probably not as good defensively Robyn Reghr. Is a Steven's like player possible? I suppose, but Stevens was far smarter, and also had a great deal more offensive potential.

Also, I take Karlsson and Cowen over Petrecki easily, but not Weiorioch, who is a very, very good prospect. Very under the radar, and quite the steal in the second round.

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 04:50 AM
Sanderson

Quote:
If you haven't heard about Petrecki you certainly haven't heard of 95% of the blue chip prospects in the league...

And no, no on said that he is going to be the next Scott Stevens. It's quite funny to completely screw up other people's comments.

Apart from that, draft position doesn't have much to do with what a player can become, now does it.

Nothing wrong with having someone like Cowen ahead of him. Then again, the Sharks have not a lot of great prospects right now, so the few ones they have are even more valuable to them. Why would they even think about trading them, when they are going to need them very soon?

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 04:51 AM
Le Rosbeef

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJfortheCUP View Post
^^ Possible but unlikely. Petrecki is the second coming for Sharks fans.
Our blueliner, who art in Worcester,
Petrecki be thy name.

Thy slapshot come,
Like a sub-machine gun,
In Cali as it was in Boston.

Leave opponents this day with their daily sore head;
And make good outlet passes
As you defend against those who outlet pass against us

And lead us not into playoff frustration.
But deliver us Cup sequels
For thine is the Shark Tank, where you devour and be gory
For ever and ever,
Amen.

P.S. Petreck is going nowhere.

Le Rosbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 04:53 AM
Le Rosbeef

Quote:
As an aside, Sharks fans can keep Petricki. Never heard of him, and don't really care about him. Maybe he turns into a great defenseman, maybe not. I've heard of 95% of blue chip prospects for every team in the league,
Clearly you should be researching prospects then rather than relying on what you 'hear'. The fact you don't even seem to be able to spell several of their names correctly is a bit of a giveaway as to how thorough your research is. Petrecki is one of the best Sharks prospects by some distance so your statement is puzzling. Even a 2 minute glance at the hallowed HF boards Top 50 prospects would give you some basic information on him (he's in there, behind only Karlsson). In my opinion, he's our best and I won't be the only Sharks fan thinking that.

Quote:
Bizarre comment. You think or you know for definite? How many NHL scouts do you cosy up to to deliver that peach? I've read back through a lot of your posts this morning and you don't seem to be quoting your experiences with too many scouts. I have a sneaking suspicion I already know...

You didn't seem so keen on Cowen that long ago so it's interesting that you are now sufficiently informed to like him better than a prospect you admit you've not even researched in deference to a guy you "couldn't help but feel a little disappointed" to see one of your teams draft.

As a total aside, comparing Karlsson with Petrecki is like comparing apples and pears - total playing opposites in their styles. I like Patrick Wiercioch though, I think he'll prove a very good pick up as a second rounder.

Overall though I think we've seen enough not to be too concerned by your appraisal of Petrecki. I'd recommend you go and research him though - he's a very good talent who should be a mainstay on the Sharks blueline for years to come.

Last edited by Le Rosbeef: 08-03-2009 at 05:59 AM.
Le Rosbeef is offline   Reply With Quote