HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"All Things Peoria" thread...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-03-2009, 01:05 PM
  #201
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
The Peoria Rivermen thread over at The AHL board has reached 10,000 hits!!!



And there's a few more smilies I could put in here, but you get the picture.

ChicagoBlues is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 03:31 PM
  #202
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
It looks like Peoria should have a pretty tough team this season.

stlweir is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 06:32 PM
  #203
execwrite
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Peekskill, NY
Posts: 3,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
It looks like Peoria should have a pretty tough team this season.
They will need to score some goals and that might be tough. Eller, Sonne and Palushaj really need to produce.

execwrite is offline  
Old
08-11-2009, 05:29 AM
  #204
execwrite
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Peekskill, NY
Posts: 3,547
vCash: 500
Rivermen hire assistant coach.

execwrite is offline  
Old
08-24-2009, 05:06 PM
  #205
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
Peoria OT

Chris Holt signed with The Binghamton Senators.

ChicagoBlues is offline  
Old
08-24-2009, 11:01 PM
  #206
smsgtkvv
Registered User
 
smsgtkvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: South Hill
Country: United States
Posts: 352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Chris Holt signed with The Binghamton Senators.
How could he sign with Binghamton when he is a Group 2 (restricted) free agent still with St. Louis?

smsgtkvv is offline  
Old
08-24-2009, 11:40 PM
  #207
BlueBeard
Registered User
 
BlueBeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smsgtkvv View Post
How could he sign with Binghamton when he is a Group 2 (restricted) free agent still with St. Louis?
I don't know if he did not accept his QO or the Blues just out right released him. They sent him a QO then Hannu decided to come back so management was trying to find an AHL team to loan Holt to.

BlueBeard is offline  
Old
08-25-2009, 12:02 AM
  #208
STL fan in IA
Registered User
 
STL fan in IA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
I don't know if he did not accept his QO or the Blues just out right released him. They sent him a QO then Hannu decided to come back so management was trying to find an AHL team to loan Holt to.
The Blues qualified him but then after signing Hannu, they released him so he could find a better job elsewhere...which he did. Good for him.

STL fan in IA is offline  
Old
08-27-2009, 11:41 PM
  #209
DieHeartRedWingsFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
First game for Rivermen is 09/25/2009 than 09/26/2009. Then first real game is 10/03/2009.

DieHeartRedWingsFan is offline  
Old
09-08-2009, 07:59 PM
  #210
execwrite
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Peekskill, NY
Posts: 3,547
vCash: 500
Looks like the Rivermen are getting Derek Armstrong.

Good veteran depth signing.

Link

execwrite is offline  
Old
09-09-2009, 02:45 PM
  #211
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
I deleted the other post from earlier in the thread. BTW, when another player is signed and destined for Peoria or is traded or released, then I'll continue to delete the existing post and post a newly updated roster.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Peoria Rivermen roster should look something like this.

Forwards---14
Derek Armstrong
Adam Cracknell
Nicholas Drazenovic
Lars Eller
Mitch Love
Cam Paddock
Aaron Palushaj
Anthony Peluso
Chris Porter
Ryan Reaves
Brett Sonne
Yan Stastny
Julian Talbot
Barry Tallackson

Defensemen---8
Justin Fletcher
Alexander Hellström
Jonas Junland
Bryce Lampman
Danny Richmond
Tyson Strachan
Adrian Veideman
Steve Wagner

Goaltenders---2
Ben Bishop
Hannu Toivonen

Possible Forwards
Tomas Kana

Late-season additions
Jori Lehterä--He might get loaned to Peoria again.
James Livingston--OHL, 3 yrs.
Philip McRae--OHL, 3 yrs.
Anthony Nigro--OHL, 2 yrs.
Ian Schultz--WHL, 3 yrs.
Tyler Shattock--WHL, 2 yrs.

Possible Defensemen
T.J. Fast
Ryan Turek (He already has ECHL experience and had a good pro-orientation camp.)


Last edited by ChicagoBlues: 09-11-2009 at 06:33 PM. Reason: removed Bell
ChicagoBlues is offline  
Old
09-09-2009, 03:17 PM
  #212
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man
 
rumrokh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,790
vCash: 500
I think Bell starts the year with the Blues unless Sydor wins a spot. I wouldn't doubt that, especially because they want some veteran presence, but Sydor has to prove he's so much better that he deserves a contract.

Plus, wasn't there a lot of talk about the Blues' being at their maximum number of contracts? They just signed Armstrong. Are they actually at the max, or are we going to have to see movement/buyouts before the season begins?

rumrokh is online now  
Old
09-09-2009, 04:11 PM
  #213
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
I think Bell starts the year with the Blues unless Sydor wins a spot. I wouldn't doubt that, especially because they want some veteran presence, but Sydor has to prove he's so much better that he deserves a contract.

Plus, wasn't there a lot of talk about the Blues' being at their maximum number of contracts? They just signed Armstrong. Are they actually at the max, or are we going to have to see movement/buyouts before the season begins?
I thought they were at 45 before this last flurry of signings. So, Bayda, and Armstrong make it 47. I assume Dahm's AHL-ECHL contract won't count towards the 50 limit. Sydor would make 48. Are there any more recent signings with an NHL component? If Bell's signing was after they reached 45, then The Blues will be at 49 IF they sign Sydor. I think they are near the limit (or, possibly right on 50), but I doubt that they are actually OVER 50.

Robb_K is offline  
Old
09-09-2009, 04:18 PM
  #214
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man
 
rumrokh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
I thought they were at 45 before this last flurry of signings. So, Bayda, and Armstrong make it 47. I assume Dahm's AHL-ECHL contract won't count towards the 50 limit. Sydor would make 48. Are there any more recent signings with an NHL component? If Bell's signing was after they reached 45, then The Blues will be at 49 IF they sign Sydor. I think they are near the limit (or, possibly right on 50), but I doubt that they are actually OVER 50.
Right on. I like crunching stats, but I have no interest in calculating cap space or keeping track of contracts. I just remember multiple posts about Bell being at or near the fiftieth and I didn't look into it.

rumrokh is online now  
Old
09-10-2009, 04:23 PM
  #215
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
Apparently Bayda changed his mind and will join The Penguins for camp.

ChicagoBlues is offline  
Old
09-10-2009, 05:22 PM
  #216
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Apparently Bayda changed his mind and will join The Penguins for camp.
So, The Blues are at 49 signed contracts (Brewer will be 50 when he returns), and, if Sydor is signed, they'll be at the maximum, also having to drop a player when Brewer returns. But, when they attempt to send Stastny, and, possibly Janssen to Peoria, one of them might get claimed.

Robb_K is offline  
Old
09-11-2009, 12:28 PM
  #217
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
So, The Blues are at 49 signed contracts (Brewer will be 50 when he returns), and, if Sydor is signed, they'll be at the maximum, also having to drop a player when Brewer returns. But, when they attempt to send Stastny, and, possibly Janssen to Peoria, one of them might get claimed.
Glad to hear he's moved on. Sounds like he's looking for the easy route. Can't blame him for being selective, but if he's looking for a fast track...well...he ain't gonna get it.

ChicagoBlues is offline  
Old
09-11-2009, 01:26 PM
  #218
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post

The Peoria Rivermen roster should look something like this.
Defensemen---9

Brendan Bell
Justin Fletcher
Alexander Hellström
Jonas Junland
Bryce Lampman
Danny Richmond
Tyson Strachan
Adrian Veideman
Steve Wagner

Possible Defensemen
T.J. Fast
Ryan Turek
I can't see Bell playing for The Rivs, as he needs to clear waivers to be sent there. There must be at least ONE NHL team with a weak defence that would claim him-even at the start of the season, when all teams are cutting down their rosters.

Robb_K is offline  
Old
09-11-2009, 02:03 PM
  #219
General
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
How was T. J. Fast do last year in Peoria?/

General is offline  
Old
09-11-2009, 06:31 PM
  #220
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
I can't see Bell playing for The Rivs, as he needs to clear waivers to be sent there. There must be at least ONE NHL team with a weak defence that would claim him-even at the start of the season, when all teams are cutting down their rosters.
Yeah, I know. I guess the whole waiver thing is a good enough reason to remove him from the the possible Peoria roster.

I don't see him in Peoria either. Not sure why I've kept him on this roster because I've wanted him on The Blues all summer long; not some "puck-moving" guy.

ChicagoBlues is offline  
Old
09-11-2009, 08:44 PM
  #221
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Yeah, I know. I guess the whole waiver thing is a good enough reason to remove him from the the possible Peoria roster.

I don't see him in Peoria either. Not sure why I've kept him on this roster because I've wanted him on The Blues all summer long; not some "puck-moving" guy.
I thought Bell IS a "puck moving guy", from the descriptions I've read of his play. Did I get the wrong impression? Does he just try to shoot and otherwise lose the puck a lot trying to create offence alone? He doesn't carry the puck out of the zone or pass to forwards?

The only knock on him I've read about was that he doesn't position too well in his own zone, and doesn't keep his man out of the play as well as he should with his reasonably-sized body. Presumably, those are things that can be improved with a concentrated effort and coaching.

He's young, fairly big, strong and has good wheels and a good shot and offensive sense. From what I saw of Sydor on Dallas last season, I think I'd rather try out the kid.

Robb_K is offline  
Old
09-11-2009, 08:55 PM
  #222
ChicagoBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
I thought Bell IS a "puck moving guy", from the descriptions I've read of his play. Did I get the wrong impression? Does he just try to shoot and otherwise lose the puck a lot trying to create offence alone? He doesn't carry the puck out of the zone or pass to forwards?

The only knock on him I've read about was that he doesn't position too well in his own zone, and doesn't keep his man out of the play as well as he should with his reasonably-sized body. Presumably, those are things that can be improved with a concentrated effort and coaching.

He's young, fairly big, strong and has good wheels and a good shot and offensive sense. From what I saw of Sydor on Dallas last season, I think I'd rather try out the kid.
Bell kind of is offensive-minded, but he's been given so few opportunities to show what he is that it's difficult to tell what he really is after a few years of mishandling. I'm not sure what type he really is.

ChicagoBlues is offline  
Old
09-11-2009, 09:07 PM
  #223
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Bell kind of is offensive-minded, but he's been given so few opportunities to show what he is that it's difficult to tell what he really is after a few years of mishandling. I'm not sure what type he really is.
Well, then, we'll just have to see how he does in camp and preseason games, and hope he plays well, and Sydor plays well, and Pietrangelo plays really well, and The Blues have a good problem.

Robb_K is offline  
Old
09-19-2009, 07:15 PM
  #224
execwrite
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Peekskill, NY
Posts: 3,547
vCash: 500
Jack Combs lives! According to Rivermen website


The following free agents will attend training camp: forwards Chris Morehouse, Jack Combs, John Lammers, Brett Hemingway, Nick Mazzolini, Jason Ryznar, Jordon Foreman, and goaltenders Dan Battochio and Paulo Colaiacovo.

execwrite is offline  
Old
09-19-2009, 07:21 PM
  #225
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post
Jack Combs lives! According to Rivermen website


The following free agents will attend training camp: forwards Chris Morehouse, Jack Combs, John Lammers, Brett Hemingway, Nick Mazzolini, Jason Ryznar, Jordon Foreman, and goaltenders Dan Battochio and Paulo Colaiacovo.
I'll be curious to see if Combs can make The Rivs' AHL squad. I hope he's at least signed to a AHL/ECHL contract, so he can play at Alaska if he can't make The Rivs.

Robb_K is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.