Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia

The Next Ovechkin

Old
07-17-2009, 04:47 PM
Zine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric71 View Post
Ovechkin, complete? The guy plays in one end of the ice. The other 2 hes invisible

Ovechkin had more takeaways than Crosby this year (26th in the league). Sure he gets lazy backchecking from time to time, but this stat suggests he's far from a 1 dimensional offensive player.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2009, 04:04 AM
HockeyAndTheSox
Let's Go Pens&Yotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
Ovechkin had more takeaways than Crosby this year (26th in the league). Sure he gets lazy backchecking from time to time, but this stat suggests he's far from a 1 dimensional offensive player.
That doesn't make him any better defensively... Takeaways are definitely not a true indicator of whether or not you're a 2-way forward or not. Crosby is definitely not on the level of Z or Datsyuk in Detroit, mind you, nor is he on the level of Malkin - yet. But the combination of offense and his good positioning, backchecking, etc makes him a much more rounded player than Ovechkin is. Not to say I don't expect to see Ovechkin work on that part of his game down the line.

HockeyAndTheSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2009, 01:26 AM
pouskin74*

my money would be on Grigorenko Mihkail

pouskin74* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2009, 04:53 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
my money would be on Grigorenko Mihkail
Easy call

08-01-2009, 04:45 PM
gravytrain6t

How good do you guys think Grachev, Anisimov and Lisin will be for the Rangers team? Who do you think is the best prospect out of the 3? Although Lisin has played some NHL games with the Coyotes, I've never seen him play. And he is still considered a prospect here in the NHL. Any opinions on how good or bad these kids are? The Rangers also drafted Cherepanov. What a tragedy. May he R.I.P.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 05:35 PM
binary0x01

Send a message via ICQ to binary0x01 Send a message via Yahoo to binary0x01
I think Grachev.

From what I've seen, he's a game breaker.

binary0x01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 06:55 PM
binary0x01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
Zine, don't bother posting these type of messages man. Ovechkin is not Canadian, so no matter how much better he is at whatever part of the game, they won't want to recognize it as anything significant. It is like pissing against the wind man.

Old
08-03-2009, 07:24 PM
MaxV

I would say that Lisin has the most upside, but probably is the least likely to reach it.

My expectation for all 3 is of these players is that they will be good NHLers, but probably not stars.

MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 08:08 PM
binary0x01

I seriously think Grachev will work out very well.

Old
10-24-2009, 03:37 PM
theguy19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume View Post
I don't seen any in the 1988 or 1989 generations right now with the same level of skill and the same type of game. After that, it is impossible to predict. Too many variables are to be taken into account (growth, change in style of play, approach to physical game that comes more around the age of 16 not 13-14, maturity, injuries, etc.)

Vasyunov is not bad at all. I see him more within the top 10-15 of the draft (although it becomes less and less meaningful and plausible without the NHL transfer agreement as the last 2 drafts proved it).

Anyway, if I had 2 cents (or kopeks), I would probably put them on Andrei Kuchin from CSKA Moscow. The guy has been head and shoulders above everybody in his age category (1991) every year.
Another guy I could put a couple of cents on would be Nikita Filatov from CSKA Moscow (1990) who has been dominating (although not as much as Kuchin).
In any case, neither of these players may amount to anything at the end of the day, but it could be interesting to see how they develop.

Not too sure about the Omsk guys(Avtaev, Baskakov, Papushkev or Berdnikov). Usually, the level of competition is not always the greatest in their region. Not excluded though, we will see. really not sure about Perezhogin (Viktor).
Funny to see how many guys never panned out.

Viktor Perezhogin is now playing in Canada. But I think you were referring to Alexandre when you made that post. Anyways, Viktor was drafted to the Erie Otters in the 2nd round of the CHL Import Draft, and now is on loan to a Junior 'A' team; Innisfil Lakers (GMHL).

I go to most of their games, he should be a top player in this league and develop a lot. He is a top 3 forward on this team, and should score at least 30 goals.

He is not a bust yet, will be in the 'O' next season, if not a D-I school.

theguy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2009, 03:30 PM
pouskin74*

we have already heard about Nichuskin(95), Yakupov(93) , Grigorenko(94) . i just like to say some good words about Savely Ilijn ( 95) . in my opinion he is the one of the top prospect for 2013 draft from Russia.

pouskin74* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 11:56 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguy19 View Post
Funny to see how many guys never panned out.

Viktor Perezhogin is now playing in Canada. But I think you were referring to Alexandre when you made that post. Anyways, Viktor was drafted to the Erie Otters in the 2nd round of the CHL Import Draft, and now is on loan to a Junior 'A' team; Innisfil Lakers (GMHL).

I go to most of their games, he should be a top player in this league and develop a lot. He is a top 3 forward on this team, and should score at least 30 goals.

He is not a bust yet, will be in the 'O' next season, if not a D-I school.
I find Vasyunov to be our best forward prospect at the AHL level. I don't really care that Zharkoc is putting up close to a PPG, Vasyunov's skills will translate to the NHL. He has great poise and patience while carrying the puck. He is shifty enough to create offense and he has one hell of a wrist shot when he uses it.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 09:15 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg marron View Post
what current undrafted under 18yr old will be the next ovechkin type player and can there be a russian player in russia who might be better
IMO, There will not be another Ovechkin, maybe someone like him, but not with the same tools Ovi has......not in our lifetime anyway....Filatov is a great young player with promising talent...but seriously...

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 09:25 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary0x01 View Post
Zine, don't bother posting these type of messages man. Ovechkin is not Canadian, so no matter how much better he is at whatever part of the game, they won't want to recognize it as anything significant. It is like pissing against the wind man.
I disagree...I am one who dsn`t care of nationality....
And.....many people believe it was a conspiracy that Malkin won the Conn Smythe....I AM NOT ONE OF THEM, personally it was a toss up between Malkin, Crosby and Fleury, all could have made a solid case...
Personally, its all matter of opinion...and I form my opinion based on what I see....

Just to prove you wrong, and blow ur socks off, how bout this one.........ALEX SEMIN is the most talented hockey player I have ever seen.....If he ever had some heart, or a little desire to win....All he does is whine when he dsnt get his own way...he flashes in and flashes out every couple games....Put Ovechkins heart and desire in Semin....thats a scary thought for 29 NHL teams..........the 2 of them with backstrom in the middle....as the commercial says ``order up some more red light bulbs`` lol

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 07:05 AM
LastWordArmy
HFB Partner

http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/04/...yer-profile-8/

Valeri Nichushkin: 2013 NHL Draft Player Profile #8

Quote:
We’ve reached that point in the draft rankings. The first time the dreaded “KHL Factor” or “Russian Factor” rears its ugly head in our draft rankings. The truth is that I’ve never bought the argument that Russians have less heart, or are lazy, or are enigmatic, or any of the other stereotypes that some scouts, media, and fans like to attribut to players born in Russia. I don’t buy it. And you can see in my draft rankings last year, where the top 2 players were Russian, or in my prospect rankings where I consider Evgeni Kuznetsov the best player not in the NHL right now.

LastWordArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Bullwhip Reds*

So you are looking for the next russian one trick pony with a broken nose who's never gonna win a stanley cup... there are so many candidates that I can't pick just one.

Bullwhip Reds* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 05:49 PM
broad

Ovechkin is a first ballot Hall of Famer, even if he retires tomorrow so he can carve balsa wood sculptures for tourists in Bermuda.

Anyway, this thread is depressing to read. So many names mentioned and not a single one has come close to becoming the next Ovechkin.

broad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2013, 04:46 AM
alko

wooow, a topic from year 2005. Like it.

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 10:17 AM
JB51Hockey

vCash: 323
Crazy that some of you were talking about Vasyunov and now he's no longer living..

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 11:15 PM
Fantomas

I want the next Malkin, not the next Ovechkin.

Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 11:19 PM
Fantomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
How about Vyacheslav Voinov from Traktor - 90?
Good player.

Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 09:02 AM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeben51 View Post
Crazy that some of you were talking about Vasyunov and now he's no longer living..
There were multiple pages of talk regarding Ostapchuk and he was on the plane as well. Sad to look back at that.

cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 08:59 AM
Bullwhip Reds*

Another great accomplishment for mighty alex. Enjoy your "broken foot"

Bullwhip Reds* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 10:03 AM
Yakushev72

Quote: