HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - Philadelphia

Old
08-03-2009, 02:11 PM
EndlessNameless9319
@NBarry19

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to EndlessNameless9319
Philly's center depth would be:

Richards
Carter
Briere
Plekanec

Lol.

EndlessNameless9319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Kaktus*

Is tis Friday night comedy club?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Teezax

Hmm, so you want to give us a defenceman who scores in his own net, and a center who is being run out of town for one of our more promising players? Let me get back to you....

Teezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 03:21 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
wow, good job assessing the needs of the flyers in this deal. this deal is brutal.

flyers aren't in a position to deal their cheap high end talent for scraps. especially when they're also sending a 2nd rounder away. that's just unrealistic; the flyers don't have 2nd rounders.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 03:52 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFboarder View Post
To Montreal:

Claude Giroux
2nd Rd Pick

To Philadelphia:

Tomas Plekanec
Ryan O'Byrne
3rd Rd Pick

Thoughts?
you really dont want to hear my, or any other Flyers fans, thoughts on this trade proposal

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 03:53 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresKings2611 View Post
Philly's center depth would be:

Richards
Carter
Briere
Plekanec

Lol.
Briere ---> RW

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 03:55 PM
habsfans333*

State me one reason, only 1, why would the Flyers trade Grioux?

Whats the point? I just don't get it.

habsfans333* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 03:59 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
What did he ever do to you?
He nailed his sister!

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Obviously this deal sucks for the Flyers, but as an aside, who the hell plays 2nd line center for the Habs?

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 04:00 PM
phlocky

Probably one of the few players on Mot that the Flyers MIGHT be interested in trading Giroux for would be Price, but then there is no way the Habs do that. Giroux is a very gifted player and he is ungodly cheap for what he brings to the teams. His cheap price tag lets us do any other things with our roster and if we have to replace him on one of our top 2 scoring lines it's most likely going to cost us a lot more than he currently does.

While O'Byrne is not a BAD dman for the top 4, he'd actually be our 6th best dman. our top 4 will most likely be Timonen, Pronger, Coburn and Carle (yes, Carle in the top 4 not Parent). O'Byrne might be aboue equal to Parent but personally, I'd take Parent over him. Thus, the best player coming back to the Flyers wouldn't see more than about 10-12 mins a game and would be our last starting dman. Second, Giroux >>>> Plekanec AND Plekanec needs a new contract right now.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 04:03 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Probably one of the few players on Mot that the Flyers MIGHT be interested in trading Giroux for would be Price, but then there is no way the Habs do that. Giroux is a very gifted player and he is ungodly cheap for what he brings to the teams. His cheap price tag lets us do any other things with our roster and if we have to replace him on one of our top 2 scoring lines it's most likely going to cost us a lot more than he currently does.

While O'Byrne is not a BAD dman for the top 4, he'd actually be our 6th best dman. our top 4 will most likely be Timonen, Pronger, Coburn and Carle (yes, Carle in the top 4 not Parent). O'Byrne might be aboue equal to Parent but personally, I'd take Parent over him. Thus, the best player coming back to the Flyers wouldn't see more than about 10-12 mins a game and would be our last starting dman. Second, Giroux >>>> Plekanec AND Plekanec needs a new contract right now.

I wouldn't be interested in trading Giroux for Price at all.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 07:00 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
I wouldn't be interested in trading Giroux for Price at all.
I'd probably throw Giroux to MTL for Price.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 07:13 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I'd probably throw Giroux to MTL for Price.

I wouldn't. There is no guarantee he would be better than Emery (or Biron, for that matter) in the next year or two, so we get what out of the deal? A younger goalie that probably won't get us a Cup and we lose our best forward under 24? No thanks.

Old
08-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
I wouldn't. There is no guarantee he would be better than Emery (or Biron, for that matter) in the next year or two, so we get what out of the deal? A younger goalie that probably won't get us a Cup and we lose our best forward under 24? No thanks.
LOL!

Price has been better than Emery since Price's first NHL game. The Flyers with Price in net would have a much better chance than with Emery.

Holmgren has built a really nice team. Depth up front and on defense and lots of star power, but unfortunately, it won't win a cup unless there is a substantial upgrade in net.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Jray42

vCash: 300
take off our second and u add a 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th for the next two years, i still wouldnt do it. in fact, no1 on the habs will get you giroux, sorry

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 08:18 PM
m00ks

Quote:
LOL. This post is almost as bad as the proposal

edit:

For The WIN!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
take off our second and u add a 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th for the next two years, i still wouldnt do it. in fact, no1 on the habs will get you giroux, sorry

Last edited by m00ks: 08-03-2009 at 08:31 PM.
m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 08:18 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
LOL!

Price has been better than Emery since Price's first NHL game. The Flyers with Price in net would have a much better chance than with Emery.

Holmgren has built a really nice team. Depth up front and on defense and lots of star power, but unfortunately, it won't win a cup unless there is a substantial upgrade in net.

Really? Emery took a team to the Stanley Cup Finals the year before Price joined the league, and Price was clearly worse than Biron all of last year. He has been mediocre-to-atrocious in the playoffs, too. There is no way in hell I trade Giroux for Price straight up.

Old
08-03-2009, 08:20 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
I agree. Habs could offer Leblanc, Subban, Price, Pacioretty, and their next four first rounders and that still wouldn't be enough! Giroux is gonna put up 147 points next year and that is fact.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 08:55 PM
re5piration
'67 til

Blame it on the booze.

re5piration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 09:21 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Really? Emery took a team to the Stanley Cup Finals the year before Price joined the league, and Price was clearly worse than Biron all of last year. He has been mediocre-to-atrocious in the playoffs, too. There is no way in hell I trade Giroux for Price straight up.
thank god someone commented on that horrible lie someone threw out.

PRICE REALLY. ha. Price has a higher Ceiling than Emery at this point in their careers. YET Emery went to the Finals with a team that came 3 Wins short of a Cup.
YET YOU SAY Price who made 2 First round Apperence, and 1 Second round apperence is Better than Emery? (now im not even mentioning those times he was pulled in each year of those Playoffs)

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 09:28 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
thank god someone commented on that horrible lie someone threw out.

PRICE REALLY. ha. Price has a higher Ceiling than Emery at this point in their careers. YET Emery went to the Finals with a team that came 3 Wins short of a Cup.
YET YOU SAY Price who made 2 First round Apperence, and 1 Second round apperence is Better than Emery? (now im not even mentioning those times he was pulled in each year of those Playoffs)

Price has a higher ceiling, sure. He is turning 22 this month. However, he has only had two playoff appearances, and he was not good in either (especially this year). There is absolutely no guarantee he'd be an upgrade for the Flyers, and Giroux is already an integral part of our offense. It makes no sense.

Old
08-03-2009, 09:39 PM
phlocky

Well we don't know what either GM thinks of Price so we really don't know if Giroux has the same trade value as Price. If the Habs GM has soured on Price then they'd probably be happy to take Girox for Price especially with the way that Halak played last year. If the Flyers GM has a low opinion of Price then there is no way he'd made that trade even if offered.

However, I tend to believe that Price IS a legit #1 goalie IN THE MAKING. The kid has all the tools needed and he has had some good success even at the NHL level. He struggled in the playoffs 2 years ago an all of last year. However, there were similar questions being raised about MAF with the Pens until 2 years ago when he finally started utting it all ogether (and I know better than most non-Pens fans that Fleury had the misfortune of having one of the WORST defensive dmen in the league playing in front of him, the poor guy had a shooting gallery against him on a noghtly basis). I think that Price will eventually be a consistant top 10 goalie in the league for 10+ years here realy soon. As much as I love Giroux (and he's my favorite player since Gagne btw) as a GM I think I'd have to trade him for a future top 10 goalie. It would be a bit of a risk for the Flyers because Price has struggled enough to raise concerns but I definitely believe it would be worth the move.

He might not be much of an upgrqade over Emery this year and it would definitely hurt our offense, but I think that it would give us a long term goalie solution and with the core players we have, I think we'd be a legit cup contender for years to come.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Armond White
Go Sabres!

Is it weird that I could see this trade happening? Trades seem to happen like the Titanic. This ship will never sink, they said. This player will never be moved, they said. With what cap space, they asked. Next thing you know Jack Johnson's a King and Anton Stralman's a Flame.

Armond White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 09:53 PM
wahoyaho

Epic fail

wahoyaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheektovanek View Post
Is it weird that I could see this trade happening? Trades seem to happen like the Titanic. This ship will never sink, they said. This player will never be moved, they said. With what cap space, they asked. Next thing you know Jack Johnson's a King and Anton Stralman's a Flame.
this man speaks the truth.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote