HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes Financial/Ownership Situation #6

Closed Thread

Old
08-03-2009, 11:11 AM
PhoPhan

vCash: 500
Coyotes Financial/Ownership Situation #6

The last one was nearing the 1,000 post limit and, while there were still two full pages to go, it was beginning to spiral off topic. Continue discussion here, but let's try to focus.

Continued from here.

Old
08-03-2009, 12:21 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

There's a preliminary APA from Ice Edge in the most recent batch of filings. Looks like they would assume all employment contracts. i.e. Gretzky, Moss, Strader, Heethuis, Nash, etc who are excluded in the Reinsdorf bid.

They do want a modified contract with TGO though.

Old
08-03-2009, 12:25 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
There's a preliminary APA from Ice Edge in the most recent batch of filings. Looks like they would assume all employment contracts. i.e. Gretzky, Moss, Strader, Heethuis, Nash, etc who are excluded in the Reinsdorf bid.

They do want a modified contract with TGO though.
By modified do they mean him out as head coach???

Old
08-03-2009, 02:19 PM
RR

Any specific news on Twitters in court today?

Old
08-03-2009, 03:11 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

no twitts yet. did you read about the retraining order the COG wants to enact against moyes.

Old
08-03-2009, 03:14 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
no twitts yet. did you read about the retraining order the COG wants to enact against moyes.
hadn't heard about restraining order, just a filing asking he be found in contempt and removed from the sales process.

Old
08-03-2009, 03:15 PM
RR

Here's two:

Yotes Diva in Court

HKYFAN in court

Old
08-03-2009, 03:23 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Reinz is threatening to pull the offer due to Moyes leaking the details of the COG/ Reinz negotiations.

Old
08-03-2009, 03:26 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Moyes should be tied to a rocket and blasted into outerspace.

Old
08-03-2009, 03:27 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
Reinz is threatening to pull the offer due to Moyes leaking the details of the COG/ Reinz negotiations.
I'm sure at this point it's legal posturing to get the Judge's attention. Baum gave Moyes some rope on limited discovery and docs remaining sealed. Hope Moyes just hung himself with that rope.

If Reinz pulls out because of this, more legal fights to come. What a cluster****!

Old
08-03-2009, 03:38 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Moyes should be tied to a rocket and blasted into outerspace.
Seriously cant we put a hit out for Moyes. P.O.S.!!!!

Old
08-03-2009, 03:57 PM
kdb209
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RousselRising View Post
More from the BoH thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb209
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
http://twitter.com/brahmresnik
http://twitter.com/odinMercer
http://twitter.com/TheYotesDiva

At least these three twitterers are at court for this afternoon's hearing.
And:

http://twitter.com/HKYFN
http://twitter.com/yotesgurl
edit: also http://twitter.com/RebekahLSanders

For the July 13 hearing, HKYFN had the most detailed twitter feed.

From brahmresnik:

Quote:
Coyotes 911: NHL says no. Balsillie unsuitable to be owner. http://myloc.me/h9D1half a minute ago from UberTwitter

Coyotes 911: Baum: "Better to resolve all these bids at one time. One auction, one date. But no assurance sale approved to anyone."half a minute ago from UberTwitter
Coyotes 911: NHL atty wanting to drive final nail into Balsillie.Baum telling NHL to either OK or reject JB offer. http://myloc.me/h9yJ3 minutes ago from UberTwitter
Coyotes 911: As usual, Baum tips hand. "Don't see much opposition to moving (auction) date." http://myloc.me/h9vV6 minutes ago from UberTwitter
Coyotes 911: Baum speaks. Cuts off motion on contempt v Moyes, attys. "Not before me today," he says. http://myloc.me/h9tZ8 minutes ago from UberTwitter

Old
08-03-2009, 04:27 PM
kdb209
Global Moderator

Auction delayed to Sept 10 - uncertain if Glendale only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb209
From HKYFN's twitter:

Quote:
HKYFN

New date currently is for Glendale only may change after further argumentshalf a minute ago from TwitterBerry
Baum vacates Aug 5th date and sets it for Sep 10th 9AM1 minute ago from TwitterBerry

Old
08-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

COG lawdog is up and Moyes/Ballsack are wearing their milkbone underwear! I don't know why I get excited but he always seems to do well in court. Perhaps it's simply because he has the best case. At any rate, I've been pleased with how well COG has been able to handle itself. They clearly aren't going to roll over for anyone which bodes well for us Coyote fans!

Old
08-03-2009, 04:58 PM
XX
... Waiting

So now Baum is going to spring forth and say that the 2 Glendale bids aren't good enough and that Balsille's is still the best?

Way to go, Judge.

Just move them already then. Jesus.

Old
08-03-2009, 04:59 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

this neightmare isn't going to end for many many more months Seriously will it be over before XMass? I don't think so.

Old
08-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

This entire process has been pretty much a joke from the beginning and I fear that's not changing anytime soon.

Old
08-03-2009, 05:51 PM
letbob

What, if any, effect will these delays have on marketing efforts and ticket sales between now and the home opener ?? I thoght fan base was crucial.

Old
08-03-2009, 07:14 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by letbob View Post
What, if any, effect will these delays have on marketing efforts and ticket sales between now and the home opener ?? I thoght fan base was crucial.
Comments from the court twitters suggest we'll probably know a lot more perhaps as soon as Wednesday. If the Judge rules no relocation or relo auction until after the 09-10 season is over then at least marketing can move forward clearly stating the team is here for the season even if it takes a while to finalize a local owner xfer.

Old
08-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
Comments from the court twitters suggest we'll probably know a lot more perhaps as soon as Wednesday. If the Judge rules no relocation or relo auction until after the 09-10 season is over then at least marketing can move forward clearly stating the team is here for the season even if it takes a while to finalize a local owner xfer.
That still doesn't do much IMHO. Fans are waiting to see this team stay, period. Not stay for another year. Until the judge accepts a bidder that will keep the team in AZ, the Yotes will be considered a lame duck.

Old
08-03-2009, 07:51 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
That still doesn't do much IMHO. Fans are waiting to see this team stay, period. Not stay for another year. Until the judge accepts a bidder that will keep the team in AZ, the Yotes will be considered a lame duck.
And we may not have a final answer by Sept. 10. But no way team going anywhere this year, and that makes me happy. Call it lame duck if you want, but I'll be in my seats doing whatever I can to keep the 'Yotes here, and I hope others will do the same. We can't control the future, but we sure as hell can step up and make it harder for that relo decision to be made.

Old
08-03-2009, 08:50 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
And we may not have a final answer by Sept. 10. But no way team going anywhere this year, and that makes me happy. Call it lame duck if you want, but I'll be in my seats doing whatever I can to keep the 'Yotes here, and I hope others will do the same. We can't control the future, but we sure as hell can step up and make it harder for that relo decision to be made.
I don't call them a lame duck because they were able to make some moves. Under the radar but not dead.

Old
08-03-2009, 10:32 PM
kingbrutis

Glendale is by far the biggest creditor(400-500 Mil), if the bid is to move the team. Besides that, the NHL rights to to a new city would be atleast $200 Mil. So how is ANYONE but a local bidder even going to be considered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
So now Baum is going to spring forth and say that the 2 Glendale bids aren't good enough and that Balsille's is still the best?

Way to go, Judge.

Just move them already then. Jesus.

Old
08-03-2009, 11:24 PM
AZCOYOT

Quote:
I applaud you, but I won't be joining you in your enthusiasm. It's clearly not up to the fans at this point.

Old
08-04-2009, 12:12 AM
coyotesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogary Flayotes View Post
I applaud you, but I won't be joining you in your enthusiasm. It's clearly not up to the fans at this point.
I would have to agree. I really dont know what to think anymore, this has been an emotional rollercoaster. A few days ago I was feeling pretty confident they were staying but now again today I am questioning that. Im even hoping Ice Edge gets the team if Reinsdorf doesnt 36 games is better than none.

Closed Thread