HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes Financial/Ownership Situation #6

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-03-2009, 11:11 AM
  #1
PhoPhan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 13,229
vCash: 500
Coyotes Financial/Ownership Situation #6

The last one was nearing the 1,000 post limit and, while there were still two full pages to go, it was beginning to spiral off topic. Continue discussion here, but let's try to focus.

Continued from here.

PhoPhan is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 12:21 PM
  #2
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey
 
mouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Mountain
Posts: 11,630
vCash: 500
There's a preliminary APA from Ice Edge in the most recent batch of filings. Looks like they would assume all employment contracts. i.e. Gretzky, Moss, Strader, Heethuis, Nash, etc who are excluded in the Reinsdorf bid.

They do want a modified contract with TGO though.

mouser is online now  
Old
08-03-2009, 12:25 PM
  #3
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
There's a preliminary APA from Ice Edge in the most recent batch of filings. Looks like they would assume all employment contracts. i.e. Gretzky, Moss, Strader, Heethuis, Nash, etc who are excluded in the Reinsdorf bid.

They do want a modified contract with TGO though.
By modified do they mean him out as head coach???

FutureGM97 is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 02:19 PM
  #4
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,057
vCash: 500
Any specific news on Twitters in court today?

RR is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 03:11 PM
  #5
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris
 
TeamTippett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phx
Country: United States
Posts: 5,325
vCash: 500
no twitts yet. did you read about the retraining order the COG wants to enact against moyes.

TeamTippett is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 03:14 PM
  #6
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
no twitts yet. did you read about the retraining order the COG wants to enact against moyes.
hadn't heard about restraining order, just a filing asking he be found in contempt and removed from the sales process.

RR is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 03:15 PM
  #7
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,057
vCash: 500
Here's two:

Yotes Diva in Court

HKYFAN in court

RR is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 03:23 PM
  #8
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris
 
TeamTippett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phx
Country: United States
Posts: 5,325
vCash: 500
Reinz is threatening to pull the offer due to Moyes leaking the details of the COG/ Reinz negotiations.

TeamTippett is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 03:26 PM
  #9
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,906
vCash: 500
Moyes should be tied to a rocket and blasted into outerspace.

rt is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 03:27 PM
  #10
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
Reinz is threatening to pull the offer due to Moyes leaking the details of the COG/ Reinz negotiations.
I'm sure at this point it's legal posturing to get the Judge's attention. Baum gave Moyes some rope on limited discovery and docs remaining sealed. Hope Moyes just hung himself with that rope.

If Reinz pulls out because of this, more legal fights to come. What a cluster****!

RR is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 03:38 PM
  #11
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris
 
TeamTippett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phx
Country: United States
Posts: 5,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Moyes should be tied to a rocket and blasted into outerspace.
Seriously cant we put a hit out for Moyes. P.O.S.!!!!

TeamTippett is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 03:57 PM
  #12
kdb209
Global Moderator
 
kdb209's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RousselRising View Post
More from the BoH thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb209
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
http://twitter.com/brahmresnik
http://twitter.com/odinMercer
http://twitter.com/TheYotesDiva

At least these three twitterers are at court for this afternoon's hearing.
And:

http://twitter.com/HKYFN
http://twitter.com/yotesgurl
edit: also http://twitter.com/RebekahLSanders

For the July 13 hearing, HKYFN had the most detailed twitter feed.

From brahmresnik:

Quote:
Coyotes 911: NHL says no. Balsillie unsuitable to be owner. http://myloc.me/h9D1half a minute ago from UberTwitter

1.
Coyotes 911: Baum: "Better to resolve all these bids at one time. One auction, one date. But no assurance sale approved to anyone."half a minute ago from UberTwitter
2.
Coyotes 911: NHL atty wanting to drive final nail into Balsillie.Baum telling NHL to either OK or reject JB offer. http://myloc.me/h9yJ3 minutes ago from UberTwitter
3.
Coyotes 911: As usual, Baum tips hand. "Don't see much opposition to moving (auction) date." http://myloc.me/h9vV6 minutes ago from UberTwitter
4.
Coyotes 911: Baum speaks. Cuts off motion on contempt v Moyes, attys. "Not before me today," he says. http://myloc.me/h9tZ8 minutes ago from UberTwitter

kdb209 is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 04:27 PM
  #13
kdb209
Global Moderator
 
kdb209's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,453
vCash: 500
Auction delayed to Sept 10 - uncertain if Glendale only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb209
From HKYFN's twitter:

Quote:
HKYFN

1.
New date currently is for Glendale only may change after further argumentshalf a minute ago from TwitterBerry
2.
Baum vacates Aug 5th date and sets it for Sep 10th 9AM1 minute ago from TwitterBerry

kdb209 is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 04:35 PM
  #14
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,439
vCash: 500
COG lawdog is up and Moyes/Ballsack are wearing their milkbone underwear! I don't know why I get excited but he always seems to do well in court. Perhaps it's simply because he has the best case. At any rate, I've been pleased with how well COG has been able to handle itself. They clearly aren't going to roll over for anyone which bodes well for us Coyote fans!

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 04:58 PM
  #15
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,351
vCash: 500
So now Baum is going to spring forth and say that the 2 Glendale bids aren't good enough and that Balsille's is still the best?

Way to go, Judge.

Just move them already then. Jesus.

XX is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 04:59 PM
  #16
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris
 
TeamTippett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phx
Country: United States
Posts: 5,325
vCash: 500
this neightmare isn't going to end for many many more months Seriously will it be over before XMass? I don't think so.

TeamTippett is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 05:11 PM
  #17
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,439
vCash: 500
This entire process has been pretty much a joke from the beginning and I fear that's not changing anytime soon.

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 05:51 PM
  #18
letbob
Registered User
 
letbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chandler, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 137
vCash: 500
What, if any, effect will these delays have on marketing efforts and ticket sales between now and the home opener ?? I thoght fan base was crucial.

letbob is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 07:14 PM
  #19
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey
 
mouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Mountain
Posts: 11,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by letbob View Post
What, if any, effect will these delays have on marketing efforts and ticket sales between now and the home opener ?? I thoght fan base was crucial.
Comments from the court twitters suggest we'll probably know a lot more perhaps as soon as Wednesday. If the Judge rules no relocation or relo auction until after the 09-10 season is over then at least marketing can move forward clearly stating the team is here for the season even if it takes a while to finalize a local owner xfer.

mouser is online now  
Old
08-03-2009, 07:38 PM
  #20
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
Comments from the court twitters suggest we'll probably know a lot more perhaps as soon as Wednesday. If the Judge rules no relocation or relo auction until after the 09-10 season is over then at least marketing can move forward clearly stating the team is here for the season even if it takes a while to finalize a local owner xfer.
That still doesn't do much IMHO. Fans are waiting to see this team stay, period. Not stay for another year. Until the judge accepts a bidder that will keep the team in AZ, the Yotes will be considered a lame duck.

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 07:51 PM
  #21
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
That still doesn't do much IMHO. Fans are waiting to see this team stay, period. Not stay for another year. Until the judge accepts a bidder that will keep the team in AZ, the Yotes will be considered a lame duck.
And we may not have a final answer by Sept. 10. But no way team going anywhere this year, and that makes me happy. Call it lame duck if you want, but I'll be in my seats doing whatever I can to keep the 'Yotes here, and I hope others will do the same. We can't control the future, but we sure as hell can step up and make it harder for that relo decision to be made.

RR is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 08:50 PM
  #22
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 14,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RousselRising View Post
And we may not have a final answer by Sept. 10. But no way team going anywhere this year, and that makes me happy. Call it lame duck if you want, but I'll be in my seats doing whatever I can to keep the 'Yotes here, and I hope others will do the same. We can't control the future, but we sure as hell can step up and make it harder for that relo decision to be made.
I don't call them a lame duck because they were able to make some moves. Under the radar but not dead.

SniperHF is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 10:32 PM
  #23
kingbrutis
Registered User
 
kingbrutis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,066
vCash: 500
Glendale is by far the biggest creditor(400-500 Mil), if the bid is to move the team. Besides that, the NHL rights to to a new city would be atleast $200 Mil. So how is ANYONE but a local bidder even going to be considered?




Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
So now Baum is going to spring forth and say that the 2 Glendale bids aren't good enough and that Balsille's is still the best?

Way to go, Judge.

Just move them already then. Jesus.

kingbrutis is offline  
Old
08-03-2009, 11:24 PM
  #24
AZCOYOT
Registered User
 
AZCOYOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mesa, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RousselRising View Post
And we may not have a final answer by Sept. 10. But no way team going anywhere this year, and that makes me happy. Call it lame duck if you want, but I'll be in my seats doing whatever I can to keep the 'Yotes here, and I hope others will do the same. We can't control the future, but we sure as hell can step up and make it harder for that relo decision to be made.
I applaud you, but I won't be joining you in your enthusiasm. It's clearly not up to the fans at this point.

AZCOYOT is offline  
Old
08-04-2009, 12:12 AM
  #25
coyotesfan
Registered User
 
coyotesfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogary Flayotes View Post
I applaud you, but I won't be joining you in your enthusiasm. It's clearly not up to the fans at this point.
I would have to agree. I really dont know what to think anymore, this has been an emotional rollercoaster. A few days ago I was feeling pretty confident they were staying but now again today I am questioning that. Im even hoping Ice Edge gets the team if Reinsdorf doesnt 36 games is better than none.

coyotesfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.