HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zherdev to Toronto

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-03-2009, 10:35 PM
  #101
bobermay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Barrie/UofGuelph
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
White is a run of the mill third liner. Why would the Rangers trade a first liner for a third liner?! Throw in a prospect worth a top-15 pick and we'll talk.

It's not as if Sather gets ripped off in trades...
Ummm.... Whites not a forward I'm offering a 2nd pairing defencman, and a 2nd/3rd line player for a 2nd line player with 1st line potential in which we're taking in salary.... plus there is always the KHL risk factor.

bobermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 10:37 PM
  #102
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,863
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobermay View Post
Ummm.... Whites not a forward I'm offering a 2nd pairing defencman, and a 2nd/3rd line player for a 2nd line player with 1st line potential in which we're taking in salary.... plus there is always the KHL risk factor.
White would be a bottom pairing d-man on the Rangers. On most teams in the NHL he would be a bottom pairing d-man. Just like how last year, Dominic Moore wouldn't be a top 6 player on any half decent team.

What 2nd liner would you be offering?

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
Sestito still on the make a wish tour. - rholt168
"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 10:38 PM
  #103
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,863
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Oh, I see. Stempniak. A spare forward who would be waived on the Rangers.

Wow.

What an offer.

Really blows us away.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 10:38 PM
  #104
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobermay View Post
Ummm.... Whites not a forward I'm offering a 2nd pairing defencman, and a 2nd/3rd line player for a 2nd line player with 1st line potential in which we're taking in salary.... plus there is always the KHL risk factor.
The salary is the problem with Stempniak, plus the fact that he doesnt have a place to play. He plays the point on the PP, great, the Rangers signed Kotalik for that very purpose and with Redden, Rozsival and then White if the deal went through I wouldnt see him getting any PP time. He is redundant. A pick is the better way to go.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 10:38 PM
  #105
Cappo40*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
That's nice and all but Burke doesn't own the Leafs, and Frogren, Finger are crap and have 0 interest around the league. Teams did have interest in Schneider.
So youre a GM in the NHL now eh? They may not be the best, but there is likely a team out there looking to acquire a physical defenceman (Finger) and a 7th guy (Frogren), especially for their cheap asking price (disregarding their salary)

Cappo40* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 10:40 PM
  #106
kyle evs48
No words needed
 
kyle evs48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 28,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappo619 View Post
So youre a GM in the NHL now eh? They may not be the best, but there is likely a team out there looking to acquire a physical defenceman (Finger) and a 7th guy (Frogren), especially for their cheap asking price (disregarding their salary)
This is the salary cap era. There is no disregarding salary.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 10:40 PM
  #107
bobermay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Barrie/UofGuelph
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
White would be a bottom pairing d-man on the Rangers. On most teams in the NHL he would be a bottom pairing d-man. Just like how last year, Dominic Moore wouldn't be a top 6 player on any half decent team.

What 2nd liner would you be offering?
I could see White as your #4 guy. There were some games where he was our best defender... above Kaberle, Kubina and Schenn...

as for 2nd/3rd liners.... Hagman, Stajan, Stempniak should all be available.

bobermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 10:40 PM
  #108
Cappo40*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LL Kyle View Post
This is the salary cap era. There is no disregarding salary.
There are plenty of teams out there who can take the salary without sending a hit the other way...

Cappo40* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 10:41 PM
  #109
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,863
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by LL Kyle View Post
This is the salary cap era. There is no disregarding salary.
Exactly.

Hence why these deals involving Stempniak or Van Ryn are of no interest to the Rangers.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 10:41 PM
  #110
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,863
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobermay View Post
I could see White as your #4 guy. There were some games where he was our best defender... above Kaberle, Kubina and Schenn...

as for 2nd/3rd liners.... Hagman, Stajan, Stempniak should all be available.
Haha, what?

White?

He would not be above Redden, Rozsival, Staal or Girardi. Not a chance in hell.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 10:43 PM
  #111
NikolaTesla
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Complete BS. He told a Russian source he wants to play in the NHL. He said if things don't work out he'll play 2009-10 in Russia which he cannot now.
Call it BS all you want but that was written on RDS.ca. You can go find it out by yourself typing it in your browser, click "hockey" and then on the Zherdev news. He also said in that article that he wanted 4.5 millions for one year so I guess that if he doesn't get it then he will be gone to the KHL in a year. That's what he said... KHL's contracts are extremely attractive for european players. They pay better than the NHL and they are not an ocean away from their family...

NikolaTesla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 10:43 PM
  #112
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 7,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shef View Post
Explain to me why Stefonovich is any different then Zherdev?

Stefonovich is actually the softer of the two players.
Only because he's the only semi-decent forward prospect that Toronto has. Hayes is big, but not overly talented. Chris DiD isn't doing all that well offensively considering 1) his size; and 2) he's in the QMJHL, which is offense-minded. The rest of the forward prospects are just garbage.

Those are the only 3 prospects with a shot at making the top 20 NYR prospects, and none of them would be in the top 10.

The best skater prospect is a defenseman who was described by HF as, "He looks like he has a shot to play in the NHL, but probably as a depth defenseman."

And he's supposed to be the best skater prospect on the Maple Laughs.


I would do Zherdev for Stemp if Toronto also added Chris DiDomenico, Stefanovich and Stalberg. Maybe one of them will actually become a second liner, so it would be a second liner and a third liner (White) for a first liner Zherdev.

But Toronto will start screaming because given that they are the team's only prospects, the fans are sure that they are actually good. On the Rangers, nobody would know their names.


Last edited by Beacon: 08-03-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 10:44 PM
  #113
NoThreat
Registered User
 
NoThreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,823
vCash: 500
Any interest in Wayne Primeua?

NoThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 10:45 PM
  #114
ugotmybeef*
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: LA BABY!!
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Haha, what?

White?

He would not be above Redden, Rozsival, Staal or Girardi. Not a chance in hell.
yup their contracts dictate the importance of their value on the ice.

ugotmybeef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 10:45 PM
  #115
kyle evs48
No words needed
 
kyle evs48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 28,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Haha, what?

White?

He would not be above Redden, Rozsival, Staal or Girardi. Not a chance in hell.
I think you're underrating White. He could give Girardi a run for his money.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 10:45 PM
  #116
weems
Registered User
 
weems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotmybeef View Post
I follow the same concept as NYI fan Trottier does. Read this.


I dont think you quoted the correct post.

weems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 10:45 PM
  #117
bobermay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Barrie/UofGuelph
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Haha, what?

White?

He would not be above Redden, Rozsival, Staal or Girardi. Not a chance in hell.
At the start of the season, I was under the same impression. He was benched for the first 11 games of the season.

But the fact is, White is a solid, young cheap defender with potential to be a rock solid #3 guy on a contending team.

White is better than Girardi IMO.

bobermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 10:46 PM
  #118
Shark Staal
Woah
 
Shark Staal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vermont
Country: Germany
Posts: 16,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikolaTesla View Post
Call it BS all you want but that was written on RDS.ca. You can go find it out by yourself typing it in your browser, click "hockey" and then on the Zherdev news. He also said in that article that he wanted 4.5 millions for one year so I guess that if he doesn't get it then he will be gone to the KHL in a year. That's what he said... KHL's contracts are extremely attractive for european players. They pay better than the NHL and they are not an ocean away from their family...
RDS is far from a reputable site. And considering it's the only site saying it, no Rangers beat writers are saying it, it's BS. And the KHL is a league that is cutting salary across the board, it's not as an attractive option as some people seem to think.

Shark Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 10:47 PM
  #119
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 7,569
vCash: 500
You forgot Valentenko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
probably not. We have ALOT of young defensive depth right now;

NHL Ready depth:

Redden
Rozsival
Staal
Girardi
Gilroy
Potter
Sauer
Heikkinen

1-3 Years:

Del Zotto
Sanguinetti
Kundratek
Williams
Dowzak

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 10:47 PM
  #120
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,863
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by LL Kyle View Post
I think you're underrating White. He could give Girardi a run for his money.
Not the opening half Girardi, who plays like a #2 d-man.

The 2nd half Girardi, I will concede, is much more of a #5 guy.

But you have to expect he puts together a full year sooner or later.

White would not start out on the 2nd pairing, though. And, as of now, Girardi and Staal are the top pairing according to Torts.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 10:47 PM
  #121
Cappo40*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
Only because he's the only semi-decent forward prospect that Toronto has. Hayes is big, but not overly talented. Chris DiD isn't doing all that well offensively considering 1) his size; and 2) he's in the QMJHL, which is offense-minded. The rest of the forward prospects are just garbage.

Those are the only 3 prospects with a shot at making the top 20 NYR prospects, and none of them would be in the top 10.

The best skater prospect is a defenseman who was described by HF as, "He looks like he has a shot to play in the NHL, but probably as a depth defenseman."

And he's supposed to be the best skater prospect on the Maple Laughs.


I would do Zherdev for White if Toronto also added Chris DiDomenico, Stefanovich and Stalberg. Maybe one of them will actually become a second liner, so it would be a second liner and a third liner (White) for a first liner Zherdev.

But Toronto will start screaming because given that they are the team's only prospects, the fans are sure that they are actually good. On the Rangers, nobody would know their names.
Soo..What about Kadri, Tlusty and Bozak as Leafs Prospects? (Ranked 1, 2 and 4 as our top 30 prospects)..

Cappo40* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 10:49 PM
  #122
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LL Kyle View Post
I think you're underrating White. He could give Girardi a run for his money.
defensively no, offensively, yes. They are different players but I think they would make a pretty good pairing.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 10:49 PM
  #123
Shark Staal
Woah
 
Shark Staal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vermont
Country: Germany
Posts: 16,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotmybeef View Post
yup their contracts dictate the importance of their value on the ice.
This is such an illogical statement it's not even funny. So because Redden is overpaid by almost 2 million he isn't a #3 defenseman, and because Rozsival is overpaid 500k-1 mil he isn't a #2/3? laughable.

Shark Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 10:50 PM
  #124
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,863
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
This is such an illogical statement it's not even funny. So because Redden is overpaid by almost 2 million he isn't a #3 defenseman, and because Rozsival is overpaid 500k-1 mil he isn't a #2/3? laughable.
Hence why I didn't bother responding, GSH.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 10:52 PM
  #125
NikolaTesla
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
RDS is far from a reputable site. And considering it's the only site saying it, no Rangers beat writers are saying it, it's BS. And the KHL is a league that is cutting salary across the board, it's not as an attractive option as some people seem to think.
Hmm I can see the bias seeing you live in new york but saying that rds.ca is far from a reputable site is not very smart. Of course new yorks' newspapers are filled with truth and are graced by evidences...

NikolaTesla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.