HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zherdev to Toronto

Old
08-03-2009, 11:52 PM
ugotmybeef*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
This is such an illogical statement it's not even funny. So because Redden is overpaid by almost 2 million he isn't a #3 defenseman, and because Rozsival is overpaid 500k-1 mil he isn't a #2/3? laughable.
I'm just meriting facts that Ranger fans or any other fans do when they criticize Leaf players.

ugotmybeef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 11:54 PM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappo619 View Post
There are plenty of teams out there who can take the salary without sending a hit the other way...
True, but toronto is NOT one of them.

We are already at around 58-59M as it is (there's about 2M left once when th bonus cushion is factored in). Stemp or MVR have to go the other way in any deal for Z, unless you find a 3rd team to bring into this.

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotmybeef View Post
I'm just meriting facts that Ranger fans or any other fans do when they criticize Leaf players.
Well it's true when Frogren and Finger combined make 5 million+. They suck. Finger is a 6/7 on some teams, AHL caliber on others. Frogren is a #1....in AHL.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2009, 11:56 PM
NikolaTesla

Quote:
This is such an illogical statement it's not even funny. So because Redden is overpaid by almost 2 million he isn't a #3 defenseman, and because Rozsival is overpaid 500k-1 mil he isn't a #2/3? laughable.
Redden is at least a #2 and Roz number 3. Both could make respectively number 1 and 2 on many teams.

NikolaTesla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 08:57 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Well it's true when Frogren and Finger combined make 5 million+. They suck. Finger is a 6/7 on some teams, AHL caliber on others. Frogren is a #1....in AHL.
LOL ...and on the Rangers Finger would be at worst 2nd pairing, as he outscored/outhit/outplayed Wade Redden in almost every statistic last season.

Jeff Finger is not nearly as 'bad' as many people think, or want to make believe he is!

He is sound defensively, blocks shots, hits, and has a pretty good shot (above average) and is able to pot a few goals, without PP time.

...Frogren evaluation is accurate, that was Fletcher being... ...well, being Fletcher.

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 09:50 AM
howztheglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shef View Post
I'd do that in a second but im sure most NYR fans wouldnt agree with you.

Exelby/2nd rounder for Zherdev
I for one believe this is a fair offer--Tuff D-man to clear out in front of the net and a pick for Z.

howztheglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 09:50 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Jeff ****ing Finger would not be above Redden.

That might be the silliest thing I have read in a while. At least since last night in this thread.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by howztheglass View Post
I for one believe this is a fair offer--Tuff D-man to clear out in front of the net and a pick for Z.
I am cool with that too.....White would be great but at this pt if the Leafs prefer to move Exelby Sather takes it and the pick

but NYR would likely have to take salary so Stempniak or how about Mayers?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 10:55 AM
BPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I am cool with that too.....White would be great but at this pt if the Leafs prefer to move Exelby Sather takes it and the pick

but NYR would likely have to take salary so Stempniak or how about Mayers?
What on earth would we need Jamal Mayers for? Don't we have enough 4th line scrubs?

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post
What on earth would we need Jamal Mayers for? Don't we have enough 4th line scrubs?
going to have to take some salary back...............that's why

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 11:10 AM
BPD

Quote:
So why not deal with a team that doesn't have ****** 4th line contracts? We're not backed into a corner here. We could lose an asset for nothing and gain back the cap space, or we could lose an asset for a signficantly crappier asset that eats cap space.

I'm much more for the former.

Old
08-04-2009, 11:13 AM
howztheglass

Quote:
Not true the Rangers wouldn't need to take salary back--T.O is getting Z at a salary of 3.9 million instead of trying to sign him on the open market that would be starting at 3.9 and going up.

Old
08-04-2009, 11:14 AM
LTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shef View Post
Haha learn about what?

Since when was trading for a 24 year old highly skilled player something the leafs are so prone to doing?
Fergy was known for it.

LTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 11:16 AM
LTL

Quote:
So why not deal with a team that doesn't have ****** 4th line contracts? We're not backed into a corner here. We could lose an asset for nothing and gain back the cap space, or we could lose an asset for a signficantly crappier asset that eats cap space.

I'm much more for the former.
Who are the Rangers planning on using for the 6 & 7 spot?

Just looking over the cap chart and only see the following D signed:

Wade Redden
Michal Rozsival
Matt Gilroy
Daniel Girardi
Marc Staal

Old
08-04-2009, 11:20 AM
BPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTL View Post
Who are the Rangers planning on using for the 6 & 7 spot?

Just looking over the cap chart and only see the following D signed:

Wade Redden
Michal Rozsival
Matt Gilroy
Daniel Girardi
Marc Staal
Have you seen our defensive prospect pool? It's deeper than the Mariana Trench.

Old
08-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Jeff ****ing Finger would not be above Redden.

That might be the silliest thing I have read in a while. At least since last night in this thread.
Jeff Finger has an attrocious reputation here entirely based on the 24 hours after he was signed. Its not even on his on ice play. Finger had a very solid year, being near the top of the League in Blocked Shots and Hits, while producing decently offensively.

If his on ice play was his reputation people would feel much more highly of him.

Old
08-04-2009, 11:22 AM
LTL

Quote:
Have you seen our defensive prospect pool? It's deeper than the Mariana Trench.
Yes. I'm asking you as a Rangers fan who will be those two players.

It's a question not a criticism.

Del Zotto is 1.

Sauer or Sanguinetti next?

Old
08-04-2009, 11:24 AM
BPD

Quote:
Yes. I'm asking you as a Rangers fan who will be those two players.

It's a question not a criticism.
Ah. Ok.

Ideally, it's a crapshoot between around 5 guys for that coveted 6th spot - its one of Ilkka Heikkinen, Bob Sanguinetti, Michael Sauer, Michael Del Zotto or Corey Potter. Personally, I feel like Potter is going to be traded/used as a 7th. He's ready, but we've got better in the pipes who are almost as ready.

If I had my call, it would be MDZ. In all likelihood, Heikkinen or Sanguinetti (no complains if its Sanguinetti).

Old
08-04-2009, 11:27 AM
LTL

Quote:
Ah. Ok.

Ideally, it's a crapshoot between around 5 guys for that coveted 6th spot - its one of Ilkka Heikkinen, Bob Sanguinetti, Michael Sauer, Michael Del Zotto or Corey Potter. Personally, I feel like Potter is going to be traded/used as a 7th. He's ready, but we've got better in the pipes who are almost as ready.

If I had my call, it would be MDZ. In all likelihood, Heikkinen or Sanguinetti (no complains if its Sanguinetti).
Del Zotto was a hell of a pick BTW especially at 20th.

Also not all leaf fans are nut jobs. Although at HF I could understand how you would come to that conclusion.

Old
08-04-2009, 11:29 AM
BPD

Quote:
Del Zotto was a hell of a pick BTW especially at 20th.

Also not all leaf fans are nut jobs.
Yeah lol, he was a steal at that point. Wasn't he originally projected to be a top 7 or so - right up there with Pietrangelo and Bogosian?

rofl about Leaf fans

Old
08-04-2009, 11:34 AM
LTL

Quote:
Yeah lol, he was a steal at that point. Wasn't he originally projected to be a top 7 or so - right up there with Pietrangelo and Bogosian?

rofl about Leaf fans
Yes. IIRC he was the next ranked D after Schenn on most draft reports. Definitely a hell of a draft for defenceman.
Quote:
Drew Doughty
Zach Bogosian
Alex Pietrangelo
Luke Schenn
Tyler Myers
Colten Teubert
Erik Karlsson
Jake Gardiner
Luca Sbisa
Michael Del Zotto

We'll see how Cuma and Carlson work out.

Old
08-04-2009, 11:36 AM
BPD

Quote:
Yes. IIRC he was the next ranked D after Schenn on most draft reports. Definitely a hell of a draft for defenceman.

Geez. Don't forget the Caps STEALING John Carlson at 27, as well as Tyler Cuma falling to Minny at 23. 2008 might be for defensemen what 2003 was for forwards.

edit - apparently you didnt!

Old
08-04-2009, 11:37 AM
howztheglass

Quote:
Ah. Ok.

My guess it would be Sanguinetti if only for his offensive skills.But I wouldn't be suprised if Potter or Sauer can make seeing how both were called up last year and got into game action.Biggest wildcard might be Heik whom the Rangers have high hopes for.MDZ needs to stay at least 1 more year in Hartford for some seasoning.

Old
08-04-2009, 11:40 AM
BPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by howztheglass View Post
My guess it would be Sanguinetti if only for his offensive skills.But I wouldn't be suprised if Potter or Sauer can make seeing how both were called up last year and got into game action.Biggest wildcard might be Heik whom the Rangers have high hopes for.MDZ needs to stay at least 1 more year in Hartford for some seasoning.
It's so up in the air for them. Sanguinetti is ready for the most part but there seem to be these lingering concerns about his defensive game. I feel like Potter and Sauer just offer much less than Sanguinetti and MDZ. I feel like Heikkenen is overhyped here - he's probably just another Anssi Salmela.

MDZ is your biggest wildcard. He's a big, strong kid, huge offensive upside, really impressed at camp last year and he's a smooth skater. Adam Graves was GUSHING about this kid, practically saying it's his spot to lose. Gravey was saying that he's so ready and so smooth he could "run the powerplay well from an armchair".

Old
08-04-2009, 11:46 AM
LTL

Quote:
It's so up in the air for them. Sanguinetti is ready for the most part but there seem to be these lingering concerns about his defensive game. I feel like Potter and Sauer just offer much less than Sanguinetti and MDZ. I feel like Heikkenen is overhyped here - he's probably just another Anssi Salmela.

MDZ is your biggest wildcard. He's a big, strong kid, huge offensive upside, really impressed at camp last year and he's a smooth skater. Adam Graves was GUSHING about this kid, practically saying it's his spot to lose. Gravey was saying that he's so ready and so smooth he could "run the powerplay well from an armchair".
Within the 3-4 years Redden will be nearing the end of that brutal contract and the cavalry will be in the lineup. Good news for Rangers fans.