HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zherdev let go

Old
08-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Kaktus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
If neither Hitchcock or Tortorella could help Zherdev clue in, there's no way Stevens is going to.

Thanks, but no thanks.
Just because of Hitch I would say NO. I do not like Tortorella. I think he is a psycho.

I used to like Zherdev. He is VERY talented player and he is very good one on one. He has everything a hockey player would want to be successful in the NHL. Size, speed, talent, shot, skating. He needs a team like Detroit to straighten him out. Coaches can’t do **** with him. He is one of those players who needs a role model an advice or maybe even friendship. He left Russia too young. He needed at least a year or two but his agent blinded him with $. He is NOT Ovechkin and he is NOT Kolvalchuk but he is very good Semin like player. I always thought that he needed more time to develop in Russia.

The way he left Russia always bothered me. Not enough ice time, coaches are bad, teammates ===****. This is the main reason I do not want him. Not his talent, his attitude! If he had the right attitude he would be a 5-6M dollar player.

I hope he is not playing for 2010 Russia Olympic team. He is Ukrainian.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 08-04-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 02:56 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

The chances of Zherdev ending up in Philly are so small...

Definitely don't want him as a Flyer, but I'm not going to worry about it.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 02:59 PM
mikedifr

Not even gonna read the thread....Dont want him, not now, not ever....throw him on a boat to the KHL with Afinowastenov

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Just because of Hitch I would say NO. I do not like Tortorella. I think he is a psycho.

I used to like Zherdev. He is VERY talented player and he is very good one on one. He has everything a hockey player would want to be successful in the NHL. Size, speed, talent, shot, skating. He needs a team like Detroit to straighten him out. Coaches can’t do **** with him. He is one of those players who needs a role model an advice or maybe even friendship...
The problem here is, accordingly, Fedorov was brought in to be a mentor for Zherdev. The project failed. Fedorov simply said: "He just won't listen to me." If Zherdev doesn't even have the respect to listen to a Russian legend such as Sergei Fedorov, who will he ever listen to?

This should explain why he becomes such an enigma wherever he goes.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 04:51 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

His potential is through the roof, and his skills are also amazing. I could watch him dangle all day, but he is lazy, and a cancer. No way would i pay hm any more than 2 mil, which we don't have, and we have enough offense.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
The problem here is, accordingly, Fedorov was brought in to be a mentor for Zherdev. The project failed. Fedorov simply said: "He just won't listen to me." If Zherdev doesn't even have the respect to listen to a Russian legend such as Sergei Fedorov, who will he ever listen to?

Yeah.. I guess you have a point there. If Fedorov did not help who will?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2009, 06:02 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post

Now where have I heard that before? Some guys just don't listen.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 05:53 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I would take that lazy ass afinigenov over this guy. Was a fan of him when he was with the blue jackets. But now i've seen him in a number of games playing for the rangers and i do not want

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 07:44 AM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post

He could definitely be a difference maker.
Not in any way whatsoever, actually. When the games get tough, he disappears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post

I used to like Zherdev. He is VERY talented player and he is very good one on one. He has everything a hockey player would want to be successful in the NHL. Size, speed, talent, shot, skating. He needs a team like Detroit to straighten him out.
Not sure what you mean by this...a. Holland would NEVER sign a guy with so little character, heart or determination, and if somehow he and Nill got drunk and did it on a whim, Lindstrom, Zetterburg, Datsuyk et al would kill him.

Quote:
Coaches can’t do **** with him. He is one of those players who needs a role model an advice or maybe even friendship.
Like someone already pointed out, Fedorov had no effect on him whatsoever. He only cares about money and partying.

Quote:
The way he left Russia always bothered me. Not enough ice time, coaches are bad, teammates ===****. This is the main reason I do not want him. Not his talent, his attitude! If he had the right attitude he would be a 5-6M dollar player.
...and the jackets would have never let him go!

Quote:
I hope he is not playing for 2010 Russia Olympic team. He is Ukrainian.
Last I heard he wasn't even on the Russian teams' equivalent to 46 man roster....he has been exposed and isn't fooling anyone anymore. This guy has KHL written all over him. Doug Maclean was an idiot in drafting him over some of the guys that he did (Vanek, Suter, Richards, Carter, Parise, Coburn, Phaneuf, Brown, Getzlaf Burns...). Just another piss poor top 10 draft pick for Maclean--gawd that guy is an IDIOT! If that guy had a brain or any sense of a player that jackets team could be sick right now.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 02:54 PM
CNote
Get 'er done

Hitchcock, Renney and Torts couldn't get this kid to buy in.

Tons of talent, zero heart. Pass.

CNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 05:18 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
his talent makes me drool, but i dont see him as a good fit for the flyers.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote