HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ott - SJ - Chicago

Old
08-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Vaasa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
All i know is that you'll have a lot of crow to eat if Heatley ends up in San Jose...
No, I've said several times that it would not surprise me if DW trades for Heatley. I think he's been a terrible GM for the Sharks. He's ruined our prospect depth, made a number of ridiculously stupid trades, and signed a number of bad deals. Adding Heately and further destroying the teams depth before he gets fired would be entirely consistent with his past behavior.

He's made a few good moves, but overall, I think he's been a terrible GM for the long-term competitiveness of the team. If anything, should DW acquire Heatley it will just further prove my long-standing contention that he is a crap GM.

If Heatley doesn't come to the Sharks and they remain competitive, I win in that I get to enjoy watching my favorite team. If Heatley comes to the Sharks, I win by DW proving what an utter idiot he is.
So I win either way.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Esoteric Ubiquity*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson19 View Post
Ah, right...

In that case I will spread the word!

And I don't know who actually is untouchable, but read the other topics involving Heatley and the Sharks and anytime someone proposes anyone other Michalek, Erhoff and Cheechoo and actually has value, they get flamed by Sharks fans because "there's no way San Jose would trade *insert player name here*"
Pavs and Seto because their production far outweighs their cost. Vlasic because he's a top 4 D after two years in the league. Maybe Boyle for what he has brought in his first seasons with the club. Petrecki because he's one of two blue chip prospects in the entire San Jose org.

Past that, I think everyone is available. Certainly guys like Murray, Ehrhoff, Michalek, JT, Marleau I would not like to see moved, but if the return was palatable (no ham sandwiches) I would continue to allot spending dollars to the product.

Esoteric Ubiquity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 02:14 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bridge View Post
Pavs and Seto because their production far outweighs their cost. Vlasic because he's a top 4 D after two years in the league. Maybe Boyle for what he has brought in his first seasons with the club. Petrecki because he's one of two blue chip prospects in the entire San Jose org.

Past that, I think everyone is available. Certainly guys like Murray, Ehrhoff, Michalek, JT, Marleau I would not like to see moved, but if the return was palatable (no ham sandwiches) I would continue to allot spending dollars to the product.
JT and Marleau are untouchables in Ottawa's case, the Heatley trade will be Ottawa's opportunity to create more depth. A trade involving Big Joe and Marleau would reduce the depth and add another star player with a large contract on the team. They don't need that.

I personally would not like to Murray involved in the deal. Ottawa doesn't need another shut down defenceman. If Murray is a Senator then that would just add to the giant log pile of defencemen that Ottawa has. They don't need that.

So that leaves Michalek, Erhoff, and the 3-4th liners...

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 02:17 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

I like it, just take out Mihalek and maybe put in Cheechoo instead. After that I say were good

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Esoteric Ubiquity*

Quote:
JT and Marleau are untouchables in Ottawa's case, the Heatley trade will be Ottawa's opportunity to create more depth. A trade involving Big Joe and Marleau would reduce the depth and add another star player with a large contract on the team. They don't need that.

I personally would not like to Murray involved in the deal. Ottawa doesn't need another shut down defenceman. If Murray is a Senator then that would just add to the giant log pile of defencemen that Ottawa has. They don't need that.

You like hockey and not trading Heatley to SJ?.. we should hang out.

Old
08-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Vaasa

Quote:

And yet so many Sens fans don't seem to get that this logic applies to San Jose too. (not referring to you)

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 03:55 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
And yet so many Sens fans don't seem to get that this logic applies to San Jose too. (not referring to you)
You're right it goes both ways. San Jose probably doesn't want another star player with a large contract either. I know, in Ottawa's case that their looking for more depth and some cap space. San Jose can't offer that, because they also are looking to get some cap space as well. It just doesn't work.

Old
08-05-2009, 04:51 PM
4thliner*

Quote:

Murray isn't a "shutdown" dman, what he is very servicable 6th type dman around 30 who will give you 15+ mins of solid hockey a night and throw his weight around. You are in trouble if he is your "shutdown" guy.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 06:02 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
Murray isn't a "shutdown" dman, what he is very servicable 6th type dman around 30 who will give you 15+ mins of solid hockey a night and throw his weight around. You are in trouble if he is your "shutdown" guy.
ok technically he's not a "shut-down" guy, but he doesn't get any points. Ottawa doesn't need any more defencemen who don't get any points. They have enough of those.

Old
08-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Esoteric Ubiquity*

Quote:
ok technically he's not a "shut-down" guy, but he doesn't get any points. Ottawa doesn't need any more defencemen who don't get any points. They have enough of those.
Sure about that? I've seen him definitely play shut down D and he's certainly been tabbed for that role in the past (put up against another teams' top lines).

Old
08-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 1000
Quote:
No, I've said several times that it would not surprise me if DW trades for Heatley. I think he's been a terrible GM for the Sharks. He's ruined our prospect depth, made a number of ridiculously stupid trades, and signed a number of bad deals. Adding Heately and further destroying the teams depth before he gets fired would be entirely consistent with his past behavior.
Gosh, are you talking about John Muckler?

Quote:
If Heatley doesn't come to the Sharks and they remain competitive, I win in that I get to enjoy watching my favorite team. If Heatley comes to the Sharks, I win by DW proving what an utter idiot he is.
So I win either way.
In fact i think the Sharks are due to make the Cup finals (think about Muckler last year as Sens GM) with Heatley. So, you'll lose because making the SCF is better than losing in the 1st round.

Quote:
Marleau shouldn't be there with the big contracts, in fact he is UFA next year. If you trade for Heatley, next year you would have :

Thornton (7.2), Heatley (7.5) and Boyle (6.67). Build around that. Marleau should be around 5 and Nabokov around 4.

Compare that with many successfull teams and that's what they have...

Pitt : Crosby (8.7), Malkin (8.7), Gonchar (5), Fleury (5)
Det : Datsyuk (6.7), Zetterberg (6.08). Lidstrom (7.45), Rafalski (6)
Ana : Getzlaf (5.33), Perry (5.33), Niedermayer (6.75), Giguere (6) (they had Pronger not long ago + Getzlaf will have a big raise someday)
Cgy : Iginla (7), Jokinen (5.25), Phaneuf (6.5), Bouwmeester (6.68), Kiprusoff (5.83)

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 11:44 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bridge View Post
Sure about that? I've seen him definitely play shut down D and he's certainly been tabbed for that role in the past (put up against another teams' top lines).
Well I don't know, I've personally never seen Murray play, but on paper he's definitely not an offensive defenceman therefore Ottawa doesn't need him.

With the amount of points he gets, He better be shut-down defenceman.

Old
08-05-2009, 11:58 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Well I don't know, I've personally never seen Murray play, but on paper he's definitely not an offensive defenceman therefore Ottawa doesn't need him.

With the amount of points he gets, He better be shut-down defenceman.
I'm surprised he has yet to seriously injure another player unintentionally.

The guy should be a linebacker, he's uncheckable. I remember him taking a hit a year or so ago, didn't see it coming, guy just bounced off him like a baby thrown against a wall. Murray looked around like "what was that?"

Anyway, he's slow, but he's hockey smart, good positionally, and almost impossible to get the puck from on the wall. Beat the crap out of your enforcer too.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote