HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes Financial/Ownership Situation #6

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-05-2009, 04:47 PM
  #76
yakko
Registered User
 
yakko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Exhibit C is Leipold's statement to the Board of Governors. Mandatory reading.
Wow. Balsillie is an even bigger weasel than I had suspected.

It also looks like G&M or at least people on the G&M staff are in bed with Balsillie and/or some of his representatives. I don't know if it is a relationship of mutual benefit or if they are just puppets, but it doesn't help their credibility either way.

yakko is offline  
Old
08-05-2009, 04:55 PM
  #77
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris
 
TeamTippett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phx
Country: United States
Posts: 5,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
Wow. Balsillie is an even bigger weasel than I had suspected.

It also looks like G&M or at least people on the G&M staff are in bed with Balsillie and/or some of his representatives. I don't know if it is a relationship of mutual benefit or if they are just puppets, but it doesn't help their credibility either way.
I totally thought the same thing, they a pawn like Fox news and the last Presidential Admin.

Doesn't Baslillie get it, the LEAGUE DOESN'T WANT TO BE IN BUSINESS WITH YOU!!! go away.

TeamTippett is offline  
Old
08-05-2009, 04:56 PM
  #78
Z4dfence
Registered User
 
Z4dfence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Coyotes Country
Country: United States
Posts: 2,064
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Z4dfence
Quote:
Originally Posted by RousselRising View Post
Except maybe a call or e-mail to your rep letting him or her know how upsetting it was to receive it and that you are seriously considering canceling your tickets and asking for your money back.
The Organization Coyotes Hockey didn't send that crap out. Dewey Ranch Hockey did. Now DRH is the holding company for the Yotes but dont let that fool you into thinking they have the best interests of the team or the fans in their hearts. DRH is selling us out in every way they can. The more 'core' fans they can shake loose, the more devalued the team becomes and the better the chances for ripping the team out of Phoenix.

It is next to impossible to play anywhere besides PHO for 09... but they want you to believe that you will lose your money because the team wont be here... don't believe their hype.

Do you think the NHL is going to risk getting a rep for taking STH's money and not giving them games and not returning the money? Highly highly doubtful... what happens the next time a team gets financially wobbly? Everyone points to the PHO fans gettin ripped and refuses to buy tix... no way they risk that...

DRH and Jerry Moyes want you to freak out, want you to cancel your tix or refuse to buy so they can use that as ammo in court.

These guys are risking fines and legal sanctions to get what they want... you think scare tactics on fans is beneath them?

Z4dfence is offline  
Old
08-05-2009, 04:57 PM
  #79
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Rather a shark who has bite then a fluffball like Moyes.

Oh, and just so we're clear what Balsille is like



Exhibit C is Leipold's statement to the Board of Governors. Mandatory reading.

No wonder the league has it out for JB
Can someone post the meat and potatoes of what XavierX is referring to? I'm not in a position to read PDF's at the moment.

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
08-05-2009, 05:03 PM
  #80
ShootThePuckCoyotes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 2,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Can someone post the meat and potatoes of what XavierX is referring to? I'm not in a position to read PDF's at the moment.
You should just wait and read the whole thing when you can. It is a must read and a summary will not do it justice.

ShootThePuckCoyotes is offline  
Old
08-05-2009, 05:04 PM
  #81
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Can someone post the meat and potatoes of what XavierX is referring to? I'm not in a position to read PDF's at the moment.
http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2009/8...s-on-balsillie

XX is offline  
Old
08-05-2009, 05:37 PM
  #82
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4dfence View Post
The Organization Coyotes Hockey didn't send that crap out. Dewey Ranch Hockey did. Now DRH is the holding company for the Yotes but dont let that fool you into thinking they have the best interests of the team or the fans in their hearts. DRH is selling us out in every way they can. The more 'core' fans they can shake loose, the more devalued the team becomes and the better the chances for ripping the team out of Phoenix.

It is next to impossible to play anywhere besides PHO for 09... but they want you to believe that you will lose your money because the team wont be here... don't believe their hype.

Do you think the NHL is going to risk getting a rep for taking STH's money and not giving them games and not returning the money? Highly highly doubtful... what happens the next time a team gets financially wobbly? Everyone points to the PHO fans gettin ripped and refuses to buy tix... no way they risk that...

DRH and Jerry Moyes want you to freak out, want you to cancel your tix or refuse to buy so they can use that as ammo in court.

These guys are risking fines and legal sanctions to get what they want... you think scare tactics on fans is beneath them?
It was a snide comment, Z. Maybe I should have a used a in suggesting a flood of calls to the ticket office from upset STH who received the DRH letter. A thousand or so calls might make a nice addition to the court record, and further backup the argument introduced today by the NHL about attempts to disrupt and deter the local auction.

RR is offline  
Old
08-05-2009, 05:49 PM
  #83
phxroadrunner
Registered User
 
phxroadrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
I totally thought the same thing, they a pawn like Fox news and the last Presidential Admin.

Doesn't Baslillie get it, the LEAGUE DOESN'T WANT TO BE IN BUSINESS WITH YOU!!! go away.
Yeah, it looks like the G & M is carrying Balsillie's water. I hope he goes away once and for all.
It would be nice if you would reserve your astute political commentary for your fellow travelers on The Daily Kos and The Huffington Post.

phxroadrunner is offline  
Old
08-05-2009, 05:51 PM
  #84
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RousselRising View Post
It was a snide comment, Z. Maybe I should have a used a in suggesting a flood of calls to the ticket office from upset STH who received the DRH letter. A thousand or so calls might make a nice addition to the court record, and further backup the argument introduced today by the NHL about attempts to disrupt and deter the local auction.
I just spoke to my rep and he said that if the Coyotes were moving this season than any money paid on season tickets before May 5th 2009 will be paid in full by the NHL.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
08-05-2009, 05:55 PM
  #85
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
I'm not much liking the Reinsdorf deal myself to be honest. But I guess it's too much to ask for a real white knight to save a franchise in this big of a pile of steaming dung.
Ive tried to make sense over the past few months over what has been going on. Everytime I think I have settled on something, something else pops into my head whenever I hear something new.

All I'm going to say right now with regards to a furute owner and related is there.

I don't care who the new owner(s) are for the Coyotes that say they paln to keep the team in Phoenix or where the Coyotes arena is in AZ, if we don't see a 100% commitment by both the management and the fans regardless of the type of product that is on the ice, the Phoenix Coyotes will be a memory.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
08-05-2009, 05:57 PM
  #86
ShootThePuckCoyotes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 2,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
I just spoke to my rep and he said that if the Coyotes were moving this season than any money paid on season tickets before May 5th 2009 will be paid in full by the NHL.
And the money we paid after? Can I get that in writing? I really don't need it in writing because I will take the gamble to show my team support. It might help to sell tickets to people on the fence if the NHL would just put something in writing, no?

ShootThePuckCoyotes is offline  
Old
08-05-2009, 06:01 PM
  #87
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
I just spoke to my rep and he said that if the Coyotes were moving this season than any money paid on season tickets before May 5th 2009 will be paid in full by the NHL.
Exactly why I wish everyone would go ahead and renew NOW, to send a message to the NHL that we'll step up for the 2009 season and beyond, and show that dirtbag Moyes we're done with his BS.

RR is offline  
Old
08-05-2009, 06:02 PM
  #88
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootThePuckCoyotes View Post
And the money we paid after? Can I get that in writing? I really don't need it in writing because I will take the gamble to show my team support. It might help to sell tickets to people on the fence if the NHL would just put something in writing, no?

RR is offline  
Old
08-05-2009, 06:02 PM
  #89
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Bickley: Coyotes saga just gets uglier


Very encouraging article.
I for one have had enough with the garbage the Phoenix media is spewing with regards to its fans and the team. I expect this more to come from the media up north but not in AZ.

Someone needs to remind all the media outlets in this state that they are supposed resperesent all sports teams in AZ regardless of popularity and type of team.

If this were the DBacks, Suns, and now the Cardinals since they have turned the courner on the verge of relocating then it would be a different story altoughter with who the media would cover this.

I say lets start flooding the media in AZ with calls, emails, twitter feeds and more.
Maybe even give the finger on camera everytime we go past a news camera so the fcc fines can build up.

The Phoenix Mercury get more coverage(positive coverage) than the Yotes and their fan base is small compared to the Yotes and even after they won a WNBA title they still cant get an explosion in interest.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
08-05-2009, 06:04 PM
  #90
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RousselRising View Post
Exactly why I wish everyone would go ahead and renew NOW, to send a message to the NHL that we'll step up for the 2009 season and beyond, and show that dirtbag Moyes we're done with his BS.
I'm entering my second year and have upgraded. I would love to goto the lower lever but I attend college still while working full time. Thank god i still get a discount on certain nights using my college id card.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
08-05-2009, 06:17 PM
  #91
AZCOYOT
Registered User
 
AZCOYOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mesa, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,281
vCash: 500
"@brahmresnik Coyotes BK: Judge allows Balsillie into Sept. 10 auction, according to Balsillie and Moyes spox."

AZCOYOT is offline  
Old
08-05-2009, 06:19 PM
  #92
Silver Seven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Just noticed this coverage from Sportsnet on the Coyotes sale. Looks like the judge will consider all three bids at the same time.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/

Silver Seven is offline  
Old
08-05-2009, 06:21 PM
  #93
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootThePuckCoyotes View Post
And the money we paid after? Can I get that in writing? I really don't need it in writing because I will take the gamble to show my team support. It might help to sell tickets to people on the fence if the NHL would just put something in writing, no?

I was told by my rep that money we can get back at anytime along with any downgrades. I wish I can tell you the guys name but I dont know if I'm allowed to on here.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
08-05-2009, 06:21 PM
  #94
Alberta Yote
Nice run
 
Alberta Yote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your kitchen
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogary Flayotes View Post
"@brahmresnik Coyotes BK: Judge allows Balsillie into Sept. 10 auction, according to Balsillie and Moyes spox."

No surprise to me. The judge hasn't made a further litigation inducing decision yet and seems to want to put that off as long as possible.

Alberta Yote is offline  
Old
08-05-2009, 06:24 PM
  #95
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris
 
TeamTippett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phx
Country: United States
Posts: 5,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxroadrunner View Post
Yeah, it looks like the G & M is carrying Balsillie's water. I hope he goes away once and for all.
It would be nice if you would reserve your astute political commentary for your fellow travelers on The Daily Kos and The Huffington Post.
Sorry as far as I am aware I'm not breaking a rule, I certainly don't appreciate you insinuating what political view I may or may not have. I think it's common knowledge by 90% of the country that over the past 8 years FOX news was seen as a conservative news platform, and it was openly speculated that their was a direct line of communication between the white house and the news desk. Whether thats fact or not wasn't my point, my point was to draw the parallel "speculative" situation. We will never know whether G&M is a pawn for Ballsy just like we wont know the Fox situation. Sorry if you took offense.

TeamTippett is offline  
Old
08-05-2009, 06:26 PM
  #96
AZCOYOT
Registered User
 
AZCOYOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mesa, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,281
vCash: 500
The highest bid =/= the best bid. Glendale will have a claim

AZCOYOT is offline  
Old
08-05-2009, 06:30 PM
  #97
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
We will never know whether G&M is a pawn for Ballsy just like we wont know the Fox situation. Sorry if you took offense.
Doesn't make you look any less the fool for stating as such. Is it so hard to believe that there are enough crazies in Canada who will stop at nothing to fish teams out of the U.S.? The G&M doesn't need to be doing the footwork for Balsille here. They're all just drinking the same koolaid wrapped in a Canadian flag. I'm tired of it but all the shoddy journalism in the world won't bring the Coyotes to Canada. That's something only the courts and the NHL can decide.

XX is offline  
Old
08-05-2009, 06:32 PM
  #98
Alberta Yote
Nice run
 
Alberta Yote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In your kitchen
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,695
vCash: 500
Canada is well known for it's crazies. It's why we're universally despised.

Alberta Yote is offline  
Old
08-05-2009, 06:34 PM
  #99
ShootThePuckCoyotes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 2,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
I was told by my rep that money we can get back at anytime along with any downgrades. I wish I can tell you the guys name but I dont know if I'm allowed to on here.
Really? I have NEVER been able to get my money back from Moyes. I always had to just make changes to my account, take cheaper seats, etc. I was specifically told last year that I couldn't get my money back when I had a major change in my financial situation.

ShootThePuckCoyotes is offline  
Old
08-05-2009, 06:37 PM
  #100
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogary Flayotes View Post
The highest bid =/= the best bid. Glendale will have a claim
Indeed

However if the Judge is going with Basillies offer than our only hope(besides someone coming out of the blue) is that is the 2 other bids merge as only to out bid JB.

Is it possible for both for the other 2 bidders to come together to make one bid and go 50/50 on the majority ownership?

Colt45Blast is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.