HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kerry Fraser on Leafs Lunch for the entire hour

Old
08-05-2009, 11:12 AM
dubey
~manlets~

vCash: 500
Kerry Fraser on Leafs Lunch for the entire hour

Should be interesting. They will be taking calls the whole show.

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 11:16 AM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Brave man.

LeafErikson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Cappo40*

If he is live in Toronto studios, I wouldn't be surprised if a crazy Leafs fan went to try to hurt him

Cappo40* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 01:32 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Should be interesting. They will be taking calls the whole show.
The man has singlehandly created more sadness in Canadian Hockey cirles than any other person. He screwed us out of a Habs:Leafs final, and he screwed the Flames out of a Stanley Cup.

I sure hope he apologizes.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Down Goes Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafErikson View Post
Brave man.
Not really. They took calls from Habs fans all hour, then acted surprised that nobody called in to really give it to him (hint: you choose who goes on the air).

Down Goes Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 01:40 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Goes Brown View Post
Not really. They took calls from Habs fans all hour, then acted surprised that nobody called in to really give it to him (hint: you choose who goes on the air).
So essentially he sat there, and got smoke blown up his ass for an hour. Glad I missed it.

Old
08-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Down Goes Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafErikson View Post
So essentially he sat there, and got smoke blown up his ass for an hour. Glad I missed it.
Yeah. Had one, maybe two calls from actual angry fans. The rest was Habs fans, so-called Leafs fans who didn't think the call was a big deal, and giggling over hair jokes. Oh, and some guy's rambling call about Wayne Gretzky's parking spot.

Bottom line: Fraser is sticking to the "I was screened on the play" defence.

Old
08-05-2009, 01:51 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Yeah. Had one, maybe two calls from actual angry fans. The rest was Habs fans, so-called Leafs fans who didn't think the call was a big deal, and giggling over hair jokes. Oh, and some guy's rambling call about Wayne Gretzky's parking spot.

Nice pick DGB!

Lets get'm!

Old
08-05-2009, 01:53 PM
IWD

Quote:

As a general rule, I've never read blogs, but I started reading yours a few weeks ago. They're very witty, dry, and incredibly funny. Blogs don't last forever, but I can see myself following yours as long as it does.

Keep up the great work.

IWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 02:58 PM
Down Goes Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azazel View Post
As a general rule, I've never read blogs, but I started reading yours a few weeks ago. They're very witty, dry, and incredibly funny. Blogs don't last forever, but I can see myself following yours as long as it does. Keep up the great work.
Cool, thanks a lot.

Old
08-05-2009, 03:01 PM
teflonsteve

Quote:
Cool, thanks a lot.
I would have to say that I only follow 2 blogs - Yours and Toronto Mike's. Keep up the good work!

teflonsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 08:12 PM
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust

Kerry is from my hometown & a fan asked him to sign a can of hair spray & he used the "F" word.some guys have no sense of humour.

cupcrazyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Dr.Funk

vCash: 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcrazyman View Post
Kerry is from my hometown & a fan asked him to sign a can of hair spray & he used the "F" word.some guys have no sense of humour.

A completely useless tool.

Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

UM.. i may sound like an idiot here but.. Kerry Frasor? (keep in mind im 15, me thinks this is before my time, no?)

Schenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Quakmybush

seriously? ^ Im 18 and know about this stuff. Read up on your Leafs history man, and hockey knowledge for that matter.

Quakmybush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Saul
S'all Good Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
UM.. i may sound like an idiot here but.. Kerry Frasor? (keep in mind im 15, me thinks this is before my time, no?)
Referee that ****ed the leafs over quite badly around the time you were born.

Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 09:37 PM
asdf

Quote:

This was the exact pic I was thinking of as I listened to the show.

For one caller Fraser gave his version of the events. He said after it happened and he saw Gilmour cut on the chin, he went over and asked him what happened. Gilmour told him that Gretzky clipped him on the follow through. Fraser said that's not a penalty and then went over to the linesmen to ask them what they saw. None of them saw anything.

asdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2009, 06:22 AM
LTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
Here watch this for an outstanding recap of 1993 run:

Quote:
The Passion Returns

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6
Enjoy

LTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2009, 07:57 AM
Down Goes Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf View Post
For one caller Fraser gave his version of the events.
At another point, he got quite specific, telling Brian Duff that "you'll see that there was an obstructed view off the faceoff, and two big players were in my line of sight."

Of course, you only have to watch the replay to see:
- The play didn't happen "off the faceoff"
- There aren't "two big players" anywhere near where Fraser is looking.

He also made an offhand comment about how Harry Neale needed five or six replays to see the high stick (implying that he wasn't the only one who missed it). But the very first words Neale says after the play are "It was Wayne Gretzky’s stick, Bob, I believe…". Again, you just need to watch the replay once to see that.

By the end of the interview, I kept waiting for Fraser to swear that he said "thanks but no thanks" to the bridge to nowhere.

I know it was a long time ago and Fraser deserves some credit for at least admitting it was a missed call that he regerts, but Leaf fans still don't have a good explanation for how something so obvious was missed.

Old
08-06-2009, 08:30 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
At another point, he got quite specific, telling Brian Duff that "you'll see that there was an obstructed view off the faceoff, and two big players were in my line of sight."

Of course, you only have to watch the replay to see:
- The play didn't happen "off the faceoff"
- There aren't "two big players" anywhere near where Fraser is looking.

He also made an offhand comment about how Harry Neale needed five or six replays to see the high stick (implying that he wasn't the only one who missed it). But the very first words Neale says after the play are "It was Wayne Gretzky’s stick, Bob, I believe…". Again, you just need to watch the replay once to see that.

By the end of the interview, I kept waiting for Fraser to swear that he said "thanks but no thanks" to the bridge to nowhere.

I know it was a long time ago and Fraser deserves some credit for at least admitting it was a missed call that he regerts, but Leaf fans still don't have a good explanation for how something so obvious was missed.
could have been worse ...i.e. Brett Hull's foot in the crease Stanley Cup winning illegal goal. (talk about a screw job)

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Down Goes Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
could have been worse ...i.e. Brett Hull's foot in the crease Stanley Cup winning illegal goal. (talk about a screw job)
True. Fraser/Gretzky is far from the only terrible call. The disputed Flames goal in the finals comes to mind too.

But at least in most cases, there's an explantion. It's either judgment-based ("the referee just didn't think it was a penalty") or you get some sort of rules-based explanation. Even the Sabres got a rules interpretation to explain the Hull goal. It was utter BS, but they got something.

With Fraser, we get the "obstructed view" defense that makes perfect sense as long as you never actually, you know, watch the play.

Old
08-06-2009, 10:48 AM
lyrrad

If a player is high sicked by the follow through on a shot than it's not a penalty.

Nothing else matters.

lyrrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2009, 10:52 AM
EazyB97

Quote:
True. Fraser/Gretzky is far from the only terrible call. The disputed Flames goal in the finals comes to mind too.

But at least in most cases, there's an explantion. It's either judgment-based ("the referee just didn't think it was a penalty") or you get some sort of rules-based explanation. Even the Sabres got a rules interpretation to explain the Hull goal. It was utter BS, but they got something.

With Fraser, we get the "obstructed view" defense that makes perfect sense as long as you never actually, you know, watch the play.
Which is a similar explanation to the Buffalo one, isn't it? Seems like we got an explanation, it was just a very poor one.

Did the Fraser call in Calgary go upstairs?

I think the guy was a horrible referee, he just never seemed to make the right decisions, but as far as I can tell/remember, we got an explanation on the call.

EazyB97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2009, 10:52 AM
mydnyte

Quote:

Fraser can say he was blocked out by Gilmour as he was slashed in the face, but, the Brett Hull goal was not excusable. this is the best explanation for those who are not familiar with it.

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Down Goes Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrrad View Post
If a player is high sicked by the follow through on a shot than it's not a penalty.
Right. And Gretzky's high stick was clearly not on a follow through.

Was there a point here?