HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Jeremy Roenick: One Black Mark On An Otherwise Stellar Career

Old
08-07-2009, 06:38 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
HF has a finest? You mean we aren't just a bunch of schmucks who work near computers?

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 06:38 PM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 View Post
I hope that one of you guys to the History of Hockey Section and brings this up. Make a thread in that section, asking for the opinions of HF's finest, and see what they say.
Doesn't matter what they say. Roenick's record speaks for itself. It is indisputable. Lesser players are members of the Hockey Hall of Fame. He qualifies easily.

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 06:39 PM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
HF has a finest? You mean we aren't just a bunch of schmucks who work near computers?
Speak for yourself. I'm a higher-class schmuck than that! :-)

Old
08-07-2009, 06:40 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenRoyalty View Post
Doesn't matter what they say. Roenick's record speaks for itself. It is indisputable. Lesser players are members of the Hockey Hall of Fame. He qualifies easily.
Like who?

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 06:42 PM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Quote:
Like who?
What am I? Your servant? Go look it up for yourself...the information is readily available.

Old
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Speak for yourself. I'm a higher-class schmuck than that! :-)
Well except for you Gann

You're still a schmuck, but you're a schmuck with access.

Old
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Quote:
Well except for you Gann

You're still a schmuck, but you're a schmuck with access.
LOL!

Old
08-07-2009, 06:44 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

BTW, I never realized schmuck wasn't a censored word. This makes me very happy. Suddenly everything is all schmucky.

Old
08-07-2009, 06:49 PM
LAX attack*

Quote:
What am I? Your servant? Go look it up for yourself...the information is readily available.
Well, I don't think that I can have anyone see the truth, so I guess we will just wait for the day to come, and see who gets in and who doesn't.

Sakic is unquestionably better, and if Sundin and Chelios retire this year, they present far better choices than Roenick.

Even then, the HHOF doesn't usually induct 4 players, and since Chelios and Sakic are the only guys that are shoe-ins, that's the most likely scenario.

I am still saying, I will bet my avatar for the next 5 years, whatever you want, if Roenick is a first ballot hall of famer

Old
08-07-2009, 07:50 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
If Doughty8 questions the HOF credentials of Roenick may I suggest he go rent a movie titled Swingers to find out just how dominant he was. For the rest of you-you're arguing with somebody from the energy drink generation. Wait til the sugar wears off and the 13 hours of video game playing/internet usage/text messaging take their course and then strike. He'll give up and concede eventually. Roenick is a first ballot HOFer.

The Tikkanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 07:56 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
No sort of awards, no post season success, top-5 in points only once in his career

Oh right, I forgot he's an American that got 500 goals. I guess thats his ticket in
If that is your criteria for the HHOF, there are alot of guys that should be removed. You arn't gonna win this one, just quit while yer behind.

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 08:09 PM
LAX attack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
If Doughty8 questions the HOF credentials of Roenick may I suggest he go rent a movie titled Swingers to find out just how dominant he was. For the rest of you-you're arguing with somebody from the energy drink generation. Wait til the sugar wears off and the 13 hours of video game playing/internet usage/text messaging take their course and then strike. He'll give up and concede eventually. Roenick is a first ballot HOFer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frolovfan View Post
If that is your criteria for the HHOF, there are alot of guys that should be removed. You arn't gonna win this one, just quit while yer behind.
Well say what you all want. I have read the works of people that understand hockey and have it as their primary passion, and they would lead credence to my position.

And your condescending attitude doesn't make your argument any stronger. In fact, you people being condescending to me is almost funny.

Old
08-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
LOL

Now I want to make Gretzky bleed

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 08:24 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Well, I don't think that I can have anyone see the truth, so I guess we will just wait for the day to come, and see who gets in and who doesn't.

Sakic is unquestionably better, and if Sundin and Chelios retire this year, they present far better choices than Roenick.

Even then, the HHOF doesn't usually induct 4 players, and since Chelios and Sakic are the only guys that are shoe-ins, that's the most likely scenario.

I am still saying, I will bet my avatar for the next 5 years, whatever you want, if Roenick is a first ballot hall of famer
You first stated he wouldn't make the HHOF.

Now you're arguing that he won't be a first ballot guy.

Which is it?

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 08:26 PM
LAX attack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
You first stated he wouldn't make the HHOF.

Now you're arguing that he won't be a first ballot guy.

Which is it?
Well I dont think he will make the hall of fame, but because he can be inducted within the next 20-40 years, the only practical bet would be to argue whether he was a 1st ballot hall of famer. For all I know, he could become GM of the Coyotes 10 years from now and turn them into the next Islanders, and get inducted as a builder.

Old
08-07-2009, 08:31 PM
hauspaint
what? Kings WON?!

JR was one of my favorite player (esp. when he was with Hawks.. and was really excited that he was joining Kings) until he came to LA and well.. you know the rest.

hauspaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 08:33 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Ovechkin has already done far more in his short career than Roenick had ever done in his.

I will bet my avatar for the next 2 years that Roenick is not a 1st year inductee.

Players with mediocre and short peaks with very little tangible success don't get in in the first ballot.

If he were Canadian he would never be considered
Where did I compare the accomplishments of Ovechkin and Roenick? I compared their styles of play. I.E. the reason JR's peak was shorter than other HHOF inductees. I fear that happens to Ovie because HAD you actually have watched JR play before the injuries took their toll, you would have seen why.

Old
08-07-2009, 08:34 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Well I dont think he will make the hall of fame, but because he can be inducted within the next 20-40 years, the only practical bet would be to argue whether he was a 1st ballot hall of famer. For all I know, he could become GM of the Coyotes 10 years from now and turn them into the next Islanders, and get inducted as a builder.
You're not good at backtracking.

Old
08-07-2009, 08:38 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Loved Roenick as a Blackhawk and a Flyer. However, he was a worthless POS as a king.

With that said, I do believe he should be a slam dunk for the HHOF.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 08:43 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

I actually went to the History of Hockey forums just now and found your thread. Damn, man. You'd think these guys were like the ****ing Joint Chiefs of Staff and you were fresh out of Basic or something the way you talked to them.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 08:48 PM
LAX attack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
You're not good at backtracking.
How is it backtracking? Do you know how impractical a bet it would be to bet whether or not he would ever get inducted? There would be no way to win in that situation. By presenting it as a 1st ballot inductee, you present it in a scenario in which one side can claim victory.

It's pretty simple stuff actually. So I thought.

Old
08-07-2009, 08:58 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
How is it backtracking? Do you know how impractical a bet it would be to bet whether or not he would ever get inducted? There would be no way to win in that situation. By presenting it as a 1st ballot inductee, you present it in a scenario in which one side can claim victory.

It's pretty simple stuff actually. So I thought.
No one cares about betting your avatar. Meaningless. The point is that you believe that Roenick is not HOF material, and we all find that rather shortsighted and silly.

Old
08-07-2009, 09:09 PM
hauspaint
what? Kings WON?!

hauspaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 09:10 PM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Quote:
No one cares about betting your avatar. Meaningless. The point is that you believe that Roenick is not HOF material, and we all find that rather shortsighted and silly.
No disrespect intended to the "Hockey History guys..." don't know who they are...but I had to laugh when he put them up on a pedestal as if they were world-renowned experts.

I was thinking, "WTF am I? Chopped liver?" I don't consider myself to be an expert or anything like that, but when you cover hockey for more than 20 years, you learn more than a few things. :-)

Old
08-07-2009, 09:16 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
No disrespect intended to the "Hockey History guys..." don't know who they are...but I had to laugh when he put them up on a pedestal as if they were world-renowned experts.

I was thinking, "WTF am I? Chopped liver?" I don't consider myself to be an expert or anything like that, but when you cover hockey for more than 20 years, you learn more than a few things. :-)
Pssh, you're nothing compared to the HFBoards History of Hockey board.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote