HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Manny Fernandez offered deal by the habs (2way)

Closed Thread

Old
08-07-2009, 09:02 PM
TheCH*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenYoung View Post
ay ay ay

You gotta love it how when either Halak or Price gets traded, the one who leaves will end up being better.
The one who leaves will be the better one only if its Halak. He is just plain and simple better imo and has a stable head on his shoulders.

Price has all the talent in the world but doesn't have the mental toughness to put it all together.

Old
08-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Fernandez would backup because he is better than Sanford, and mor eimportantly has more experience as a starter which means he would be a better mentor for Price.
Right, but if you offer both two-way, they'll have a nice goalie fight in camp for the spot instead of just ordaining one. I like that idea.

Provided, of course this isn't BS and we move Halak as part of some other deal.

Old
08-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
The one who leaves will be the better one only if its Halak. He is just plain and simple better imo and has a stable head on his shoulders.

Price has all the talent in the world but doesn't have the mental toughness to put it all together.
Carey Price is still 21 years old for crying out loud! Most of his peers haven't even made it to The Show yet let alone win a playoff series and go through ups and downs in the biggest pressure cooker city in hockey.

Old
08-07-2009, 09:29 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Carey Price is still 21 years old for crying out loud! Most of his peers haven't even made it to The Show yet let alone win a playoff series and go through ups and downs in the biggest pressure cooker city in hockey.
Most of his peers are part of organizations with competent gm's who let the coach do his job of picking his roster out of camp. We have an idiot gm who stepped over his boundaries when Carbo wanted to do what was best and send Price down out of the 07-08 camp. The Philly series was the worst playoff goaltending i have ever witnessed, its was obvious Price was in way over his head and was nowhere near ready for the pressure. It actually ruined him for good imo.

Last year told us that Price can play worse then Theo ever did for this club and the starting job is still his. Price can do no wrong, its pathetic.

Old
08-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Most of his peers are part of organizations with competent gm's who let the coach do his job of picking his roster out of camp. We have an idiot gm who stepped over his boundaries when Carbo wanted to do what was best and send Price down out of the 07-08 camp. The Philly series was the worst playoff goaltending i have ever witnessed, its was obvious Price was in way over his head and was nowhere near ready for the pressure. It actually ruined him for good imo.

Last year told us that Price can play worse then Theo ever did for this club and the starting job is still his. Price can do no wrong, its pathetic.
He's 21.

Old
08-07-2009, 09:36 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
He's 21.
Well what the hell is the rush then? Why does he have to be our starter NOW? He isn't ready.

Old
08-07-2009, 09:40 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Nah he wants wants many of the peeps here are smoking.
Ohh now people are smoking something in HF. After the Huet trade and Price went on that 12-3 tear and won the Boston series I bet he was just as vocal about Price not deserving his spot.

Old
08-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Ohh now people are smoking something in HF. After the Huet trade and Price went on that 12-3 tear and won the Boston series I bet he was just as vocal about Price not deserving his spot.
it was obiously the wrong thing to do, since he could not lead all the way to the cup

Old
08-07-2009, 09:51 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
it was obiously the wrong thing to do, since he could not lead all the way to the cup
Ah of course. 2 seasons and no cups yet? Definitely not fit to be a starter or for that matter, no where neeaar NHL ready.

Old
08-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Ah of course. 2 seasons and no cups yet? Definitely not fit to be a starter or for that matter, no where neeaar NHL ready.
I mean, ECHL should be his place, he is no Halak or Desjardins for sure

Old
08-07-2009, 10:01 PM
ludger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Fernandez would backup because he is better than Sanford, and mor eimportantly has more experience as a starter which means he would be a better mentor for Price.
The last thing the Habs need is to sign a quebecker goalie because the first bad game by Price or decent game by the back up, most of quebec including the media will clamor load and clear we want Price out. This is just what Price does not need. I think Gainey is smart enough to stay away from such a predicament

Old
08-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Maybe you can tell us what'll happen to our team next year and beyond that, since you seem to have some precognitive ability there.
He was replying to your buddy who said the following:
Quote:
When Halak leaves this team, he will go on to have a better career then Price.
So why didn't you (Coldplay) reply to him (TheCH) the same way?

Quote:
Agreed. Common sense isn't that common after all...

Old
08-07-2009, 10:16 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
And Price another Brian Boucher

...it's unbelievable the kind of crap Halak takes from fans, while he exceeded all expectations and more... just unbelievable.
I believe there are more Price bashing threads here than Halak bashing threads.

Both goalies are good, the thing is like having Theodore and Garon and then Theodore and Huet and Huet to Price...you can only have one starting goalie. You can't think that you can successfully have a tandem split and both be satisfied. The last team that really did that was the Wild and that was with Fernandez and Roloson, it worked then but now the Wild have Backstrom and a good goalie Harding who wants to play and will more than likely be traded because he isn't getting that chance in Minny.

Montreal made the right trade in Garon to keep Theo, the did it again in trading Huet and keeping Price...I think they are making the right decision if the keep Price and trade Halak. I beleive Halak is a starting goalie, the thing is Price is the future here and I believe Gainey made his moves to bring in other vets and for the "kids" to call this their team and it is now Price's team as well.

Price would fetch a greater return, but he is also what this franchise wants to build around.

Halak will bring in added value in a trade as well. And if Montreal were to keep Halak this year and to play him as a back up I would not be surprised to see him go to the KHL for top dollars and to play. Montreal moving Halak is a safety precaution as well, plus Gainey is the type of guy that will move a guy he knows has a future in the NHL, even if that means that future isn't on the Habs.

Old
08-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Mats26
Cup Champs

I remember Manny called in one morning on CKAC after the season was over and he was talking possible retirement. Now they are saying we may sign him, bad move, bad rumor...what else they got.

Old
08-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Did anyone actually HEAR this ''rumor'' on CKAC? There's nothing on their website.

For all we know it could have been a suggestion or something by a host or caller and somebody heard that and thought it was a fact.

Old
08-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Did anyone actually HEAR this ''rumor'' on CKAC? There's nothing on their website.

For all we know it could have been a suggestion or something by a host or caller and somebody heard that and thought it was a fact.
I'm thinking it was made up like the last one that said CKAC was their source.

Old
08-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Habs

I like the signing if this is confirmed.

Old
08-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

Eric Engels posted on his Twitter that it was rumoured on CKAC:

http://twitter.com/ericengels

Last edited by Habsterix*: 08-07-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old
08-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
This would be great if we could finally get a veteran backup for Price.

Old
08-07-2009, 11:09 PM
KadoCH

If this means Halak is traded or sent to the minors I'll **** a brick. Just cause he doesn't have the pedigree doesn't mean he can't be better than Price and I still think he might be.

That's what this news looks like because I cant see Fernandez and Sanford in the minors and I'm am not impressed. Bob don't go doing something stupid after a solid offseason please.

Old
08-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Unless he asked for a trade, or we can get a young, top 6 forward for him..I'd rather just keep Halak..

Old
08-07-2009, 11:32 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Its a rumor from CKAC... I'll believe it when it happens.

Old
08-08-2009, 02:06 AM
sammy d

Halak is better than Fernandez, case closed.

Old
08-08-2009, 02:42 AM
PATCHESx67

It's clear on one thing and it's that gainey wants to built he's team arround price

1-new defensive coach

2- better experienced big dmans

3- back up goalie with alot of experience who can mentor price ( if true of course )

Now this is what I'm thinking,let me know if the trades don't match or don't make sense

MTL trades

Halak,D'agostini,3rd round pick

To CHI for

Cam Barker,4th round pick

MTL Trades

Plecks,Hammer,2nd round pick

To FLO for

Nathan Horton 3rd pick

AKost-Gomez-Gionta
Cammy-Horton-SKost/Patches
Lats-Laps-Moen
BGL-Metro-Stewart

Markov-Barker
Spacek-Mara
Gill-Gorges
O'byrne

Carey Price
Manny Fernandes

Woudlnt our team look brand new LOL

Old
08-08-2009, 03:05 AM
MaKi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATCHESx67 View Post
It's clear on one thing and it's that gainey wants to built he's team arround price

1-new defensive coach

2- better experienced big dmans

3- back up goalie with alot of experience who can mentor price ( if true of course )

Now this is what I'm thinking,let me know if the trades don't match or don't make sense

MTL trades

Halak,D'agostini,3rd round pick

To CHI for

Cam Barker,4th round pick

MTL Trades

Plecks,Hammer,2nd round pick

To FLO for

Nathan Horton 3rd pick

AKost-Gomez-Gionta
Cammy-Horton-SKost/Patches
Lats-Laps-Moen
BGL-Metro-Stewart