HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

B.J. Penn accuses GSP of using steroids...

Old
08-07-2009, 11:54 AM
King Woodballs
**** This Place

vCash: 375
Penn is just being a baby after getting his ass handed to him

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 11:58 AM
juggernaut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
It is a sport, probably one of the oldest in the world (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pankration). And those doing it are as real athletes as can be. It's just that this is a sport I do not like watching (while I respect the options of those who do).

Concerning steroids - there are little incentives not to use steroids in this particular sport so whoever is not using them is handicapping himself. Sad but true.
Also - BJ Penn sucks indeed but he does sell tickets with his attitude (people want to see him destroyed now). Kinda like a WWE feud without scripting (hopefully).
-A 6-12 month suspension and a $5-$10,000 fine seems like a pretty good incentive to not use banned substances. Especially when these guys fight only 4 times a year and make the majority of their money from fight purses.

-Like you said you do not like watching the sport so you wouldn't know that Penn doesn't suck and is in fact a great fighter.

juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 02:02 PM
DrMailloux

I would not be surprised to see BJ Penn damaged for good and lose to kenny, he got completly destroyed and exposed in his last fight vs GSP .

DrMailloux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Habs13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
They're not real athletes anyway. They're somewhere between boxing and wrestling. It's a sham, and mindless.
This might just be the stupidest thing I've ever read, on any message board, during the entire history of teh internet. Including the old school BB days.

I take it you're bored and trolling...

And just to get this straight ; you're saying that MMA, Boxers and Wrestlers (And I mean Olympic style wrestling, not that WWE stuff) and NOT athletes? There is no way on God's green earth that you're saying this without a big ol' Joker style smile on your face!

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Opus
Boondoggle

vCash: 875
I really hope Florian kicks Penn's ass, I can't hardly wait to see what he accuses him of.

I've lost what little respect I had for Penn. There's nothing worse than a sore loser, and that's clearly who and what Penn is.

Here's to hoping Florian beats the **** out of him tomorrow...

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 02:53 PM
Habs13

On another note... where are you guys going to watch the fights tomorrow??

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
On another note... where are you guys going to watch the fights tomorrow??
At home (PPV). But you can watch it at La Cage Aux Sports, or just for free on the internet..

Russian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdel Kostitsyn View Post
At home (PPV). But you can watch it at La Cage Aux Sports, or just for free on the internet..
+1 but you say free on the internet?? Do you know if a website will stream it??

Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 07:47 PM
flowerpower13*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysInTheAttic View Post
Laugh of the day, right there Personally, I think Putin uses steroids. I can't prove it. Just a gut feeling opinion. Maybe even Harper too.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/...urn=mma,181251
Oh well...how to loose respect from everyone...say they used vaseline and thats why you got beaten up...how to look anymore stupid, say they are using steroids!

BTW you lost twice to him BJ (BJ is for Baby....that fits him well, mommy mommy!!)

flowerpower13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Shadyone33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunlop View Post
+1 but you say free on the internet?? Do you know if a website will stream it??
Justin.tv has it.

On a side note, I can't believe how much action one troll got. Seriously, more than half of the posts so far are slamming buddy with his obvious troll.

I actually read a magazine last year where BJ accused GSP of juicing, but as soon as the magazine came to print, there was a statement on the website indicating that they were not supposed to print those comments and apologized to Penn and GSP for any inconveniences/hard feelings. All BJ fans denied that he said it, but this makes me think that he asked for it to be removed to not give GSP more fuel for the fire before their fight.

Honestly, I think BJ is just trolling.

If BJ wasn't Dana's boy, I think Dana would embarass him if he got by Florian. I would make a public offer to Penn so that he could fight GSP on a fight night. I think the only reason why BJ wants another fight with GSP is because of the money...It's all about the Benjamins. GSP fought in 4 of the top 10 grossing PPV's in UFC history. BJ gets a cut of all PPV's he participates in. So I say offer him a fight on cable TV and see how much he really wants it. Rumor has it that BJ didn't want to fight in June on UFC 99 because he felt the PPV revenue wouldn't be as much as this upcoming event so he refused to fight. I don't know how Dana let's him get away with postponing a fight after not defending his title for more than a year.

Anyway, what BJ fails to realize is that there are plenty of guys at every gym that are more cut and ripped than GSP and they aren't on the juice either. The difference between Penn and those people along with GSP is that Penn isn't in the gym everyday. Penn only trains for fights, GSP trains year round and really his only break is the vacation he always sets time for after each fight which are usually a week.

Shadyone33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

What a loser....

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
What does your opinion on the sport have anything to do with the article or the topic at hand?
That who cares if these guys use steroids. Just like I could care less if a wrestler uses steroids. I stand by what I said. Thanks to the NHL lock out this and poker became popular.

Jaysfanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Dunlop

Quote:
That who cares if these guys use steroids. Just like I could care less if a wrestler uses steroids. I stand by what I said. Thanks to the NHL lock out this and Poker became popular.
The lock out is not why poker became very popular in 2004... Chris Moneymaker an amateur of poker had just won the main event of the world series.

Per wikipedia:American poker player who won the main event at the 2003 World Series of Poker (WSOP).[1] His victory is generally credited for being one of the main catalysts for the poker boom in the years following his win, which has since been dubbed the "Moneymaker Effect".

Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 09:34 PM
fredez

Quote:
That who cares if these guys use steroids. Just like I could care less if a wrestler uses steroids. I stand by what I said. Thanks to the NHL lock out this and poker became popular.
Poker became popular in 2003 when Chris Moneymaker, an average Joe accountant, won the WSOP. This let all the fishes believe they could win and it created an immense poker boom. Since then the tournament fields have gone exponentially larger and only recently have somewhat leveld off. Nothing to do with the NHL lockout.

And from watching an MMA show on Sportsnet showing the training regime of Randy Couture I can say that you are way off base saying theses guys are not athletes. You are obviously misinformed and probably think that theses guys are only big goons throwing punches. Watch it, you will see. These guys are exceptional athletes and probably more well rounded than other professional athletes.

fredez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Maliki2

All I have to say is that the MMA is the next WWE...what a waste of time.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 10:06 PM
MJG

Quote:
I hate when people say this. They fail to realize that the NHL has little influence on the american television market. And to suggest that the lockout led to the rise of popularity of other sports is extremely ignorant. The UFC and the WPT are only popular because 2 million people who usually watch the NHL on NBC on sunday afternoons had nothing else to do.

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2009, 10:15 PM
The Big Swede

MMA is the fastest growing sport in the world right now.If some of you guys dont like it then fine, but stop criticizing it and saying there not real athletes because that is simply false.I know some of you old timers are mad that there taking over boxing but,MMA is a much more complete sport then boxing IMO.Boxing is just one aspect of MMA.

As for Penn,Im really hoping hes still concentrating on bad mouthing GSP because,Florian will crush him if hes not 100% concentrated on the fight.

GSP using steroids.....ahahaha.Baby Jay you do know some fighters train a couple weeks after their fight and dont take 3 months vacation like you to eat cheeseburgers?

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2009, 12:42 AM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
All I have to say is that the MMA is the next WWE...what a waste of time.
Why so?

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2009, 02:03 AM
digmor crusher

Dana White was on tv this afternoon, basically he said GSP is tested after every fight and that he has not tested positive for steriods or anything else for that matter. He was not too happy with Penn.

digmor crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Can you even hear yourself? You call yourself a sports fan. Seriously, if you're not a Hab fan, please leave our board if you don't even support fair, honest competition. Seriously...wtf.. We don't condone cheating or slandering. If you do, please leave.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote