HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Which prospects have a legit shot at the NHL this season?

Old
08-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Saul
S'all Good Man

vCash: 500
Bozak(depth at centre, could benefit from a year in the AHL, hoping he's NHL ready though)

Hanson(signed to be a future top 6 powerforward type, likely to get a good amount of games)

Gustavsson(very legit shot, expected)

Stalberg(solid player, I'm expecting him to steal a spot)

Last edited by Saul: 08-10-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2009, 08:19 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Why don't you wait until 2010 comes out? That's a lot of work to do for a few weeks...

For the Stars: Vishnevskiy will likely start in the AHL, but will definitely see action, and likely be a regular by mid-season. Benn will get a cup of coffee at some point, and if he really impresses could stick. Ray Sawada will likely make the team out of camp. And according to HF Brunnstrom is still a prospect, but he was already on the team (on 09) with the updates I think.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2009, 11:58 PM
RowdyPfeifer

Tavares might have a shot

RowdyPfeifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 12:09 AM
tylerburns

My suggestion is to create the players as they sign.

tylerburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 01:29 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuLk View Post
Bozak(depth at centre, could benefit from a year in the AHL, hoping he's NHL ready though)

Hanson(signed to be a future top 5 powerforward type, likely to get a good amount of games)

Gustavsson(very legit shot, expected)

Stalberg(solid player, I'm expecting him to steal a spot)

DJB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 01:38 PM
JGalt

I would say that JvR, Pat Maroon and Kevin Marshall all have a legit shot at working themselves into the Flyers starting line up this season.

JGalt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

vCash: 966
Peter Regin (hopefully)
Cody Bass (Maybe...)
Erik Karlsson (outside chance)

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 09:54 AM
TheBakester66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckaholic19 View Post
Hodgson and Grabner both have shots at cracking the Canucks lineup.
You forgot Sergei Shirokov http://canuckshockeyblog.com/?p=1492

TheBakester66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny side up View Post
For the Bolts.. Aside from Hedman, I'm really pulling for Dana Tyrell to get a good stint in with the team this year.
Mihalik is another who will get a good set in.. last year he got 11 games in, this year, hopefully more, but then again, I am kinda hoping not too many as if that would mean we have a lot of injuries on D.
Would also be great to see Wishart get a nice stay with the team, but thats more of a long shot.. I can see him getting a call up for 5-10 games this year..

Other than that, I really have no idea cause I havent followed the team too much this offseason
Hedman is already in the game. Go look at Modo. I don't think his attributes really need to be tweaked either.

Edit: I checked, and Mihalik and Wishart should be on Norfolk.

Tyrell needs to be created though.

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

Filitov
Tavares
Hedman
Duchene

Schenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 11:37 AM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
For Detroit there will be a few:

Ville Leino: He saw time last season so this wont be much of a shock. He probably will get top 6 minutes as long as he has a strong camp. Detroit likes to spread out the talent so he could play with anyone from Datsyuk to Zetterberg to who knows.

Darren Helm: For sure making it this year. IMHO he's got a lot more potential as a grinder with scoring ability then Draper ever had and I think he personally is faster then Draper was in his prime. He could be a suprising 15 goal player this year with everyone leaving.

Johnathan Ericsson: I dont even need to comment on how high Detroit is on this kid. Who knows how high his potential is but its truely amazing.

Jimmy Howard: One of my favorite prospects. Holland said he should get between 25-30 starts, maybe more if Ozzie has another horrid regular season.

Outsiders:

Justin Abdelkader: Call up most likely. Its smtarter to leave him in the AHL and play first line everything in every situation and grow from that. No need to rush him this year.

Jukab Kindl: Im fully assuming that if a top four defenseman goes down, we would give this kid a call up instead of throwing the spot to Meech (who hopefully is out this year). Could see 5-10 games.

I dont really see anyone else making it or being called up unless we are really struck with injuries this year.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 11:44 AM
puck_08

besides Backlund there is also Pelech who could see some time.. (probably as an injury replacement).

puck_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Elvs

Troy Bodie
Matt Beleskey
Brian Salcido
Steve McCarthy
Mark Mitera

Those are players you should have with the Ducks. I took for granted that you are having Carter, Miller, Festerling and Mikkelson in there. If you are going with 3 goalies on all teams, it's Justin Pogge who is the third guy between the pipes if the rumours are true, elseways it's Jean-Phillippe Levasseur.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 12:15 PM
TheBakester66

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
For Detroit there will be a few:

Ville Leino: He saw time last season so this wont be much of a shock. He probably will get top 6 minutes as long as he has a strong camp. Detroit likes to spread out the talent so he could play with anyone from Datsyuk to Zetterberg to who knows.

Darren Helm: For sure making it this year. IMHO he's got a lot more potential as a grinder with scoring ability then Draper ever had and I think he personally is faster then Draper was in his prime. He could be a suprising 15 goal player this year with everyone leaving.

Johnathan Ericsson: I dont even need to comment on how high Detroit is on this kid. Who knows how high his potential is but its truely amazing.

Jimmy Howard: One of my favorite prospects. Holland said he should get between 25-30 starts, maybe more if Ozzie has another horrid regular season.

Outsiders:

Justin Abdelkader: Call up most likely. Its smtarter to leave him in the AHL and play first line everything in every situation and grow from that. No need to rush him this year.

Jukab Kindl: Im fully assuming that if a top four defenseman goes down, we would give this kid a call up instead of throwing the spot to Meech (who hopefully is out this year). Could see 5-10 games.

I dont really see anyone else making it or being called up unless we are really struck with injuries this year.
What's the deal with Dick Axelsson? Just not ready enough to make an impact?

TheBakester66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBakester66 View Post
What's the deal with Dick Axelsson? Just not ready enough to make an impact?
He just gets forgotten time to time. He'll be at training camp and will probably make an impact and could get the call-up.

Jim Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote