HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Tedenby vs. Tangradi

Old
08-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Pax Macioretty

vCash: 500
For me Tangradi is an 8.5C. The upside on that kid is huge, enormous even if you consider that he should one day be playing on Crosby's line. My projection for him is he becomes the next John Leclair. mark my words.

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2009, 06:49 PM
CrosbyMalkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
For me Tangradi is an 8.5C. The upside on that kid is huge, enormous even if you consider that he should one day be playing on Crosby's line. My projection for him is he becomes the next John Leclair. mark my words.
I picked Tocchet because I think he will bring a little more of a mean streak than Leclair but most likely somewhere in the middle. I think many on these boards don't value power forward prospects as much as the faster flashy skilled prospects. I love the big mean power forward types myself. Leclair was not a name I thought of but that is a very good example so is Franzen, Tocchet, Holmstrom (in his prime), etc.

All I know is Tangradi is the missing ingrediant to the Pens (if you can say the Cup champs have a missing piece). The Pens lack that guy that can be a force in front of the net and I believe he can provide that for them much like Tocchet and Stevens did from those Pens early to mid 90's teams. That is Tangradi's upside but whether he can reach that lofty status of all those guys I mentioned time will tell. I would be surprised if he atleast does not become a 20+ goal scorer while playing a physical type game and his upside could reach the level of one of those players above.

CrosbyMalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2009, 11:42 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWrister View Post
I'm not sure where you get the bit on our #20 prospect. Nowhere in Velischek's bio is he described as such.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't he your #2 prospect when he was traded?
Since that was my original post he put here, the bit on Velischek was from the same place as the bits on Tangradi, the HF top 20 article from the two teams.

And my main point from talking about Velischek, which perhaps was lost without the context and such, was more that the Pittsburgh writer uses more exciting language than the Ducks guy. He's certainly more specific, which is nice. And that I think it colors peoples' perception of Tangradi now compared to before. Of course his big season also contributes, but I just think the language adds just that much more.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Tangradi as an 8.0 B is a joke...and this is coming from one of his biggest supporters. At best he is an 8.0 C...and even that is probably a bit too high. I'd probably grade him a 7.5 C in the end. These are definitely two different players though...

Tedenby is a highly skilled, speedy winger who is also not afraid to lay a hit here and there. He is a bit small, but he doesn't really play like it and with his talent level, he could definitely turn out to be a productive NHL player.

Tangradi is the big-body, hard-hitting player with a great shot and excellent offensive instincts around the net. One of the best finishers in the OHL last year, and the fact that he is an all-around player helps the cause. The good thing about Tangradi, is that he is a pretty darn good skater for someone of his size.

I'd say..Tangradi has more potential but I do think Tedenby has a better chance of reaching is. At the same time, I think Tangradi could fit on any line and in any role due to his ability to do so many different things.
i agree with the first paragraphs but i definitely think tedenby has more potential. tangradi, i think you kind of know what you are going to get or not got, i think both of them should be about a "C" on hf ranking to reach that potential but tedenbeys is much higher. im a devils fan and tangradi fan. im no doubt a bigger tangradi fan than tedenbey though, im just being honest. the penguins fans are starting to overrate tangradi and so is HF, he is going to be a good 40-50 player at best imo, 2nd-3rd line

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Pepper

As a Ducks fan I really hated to see Tangradi getting traded. 6'4 powerforward with good offensive ability and unlike Penner, Tangradi actually likes to throw his weight around.

8.0B is probably bit over the top, atleast the B part but I wouldn't be surprised to see him become a Malone/Hartnell type of player in the NHL.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 12:37 PM
WickedWrister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
As a Ducks fan I really hated to see Tangradi getting traded. 6'4 powerforward with good offensive ability and unlike Penner, Tangradi actually likes to throw his weight around.

8.0B is probably bit over the top, atleast the B part but I wouldn't be surprised to see him become a Malone/Hartnell type of player in the NHL.
from my limited observations, and various reports, Tangradi has a little more upside than Malone. I think that Tangradi is a better skater than malone, although Malone can dish out the hits a littler better.

I'm also interested to see what you guys have to say about Tedenby. Seems like he has all the tools to become a star. However, we've seen a lot of prospects like that who never pan out.

WickedWrister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 12:44 PM
AK

Tedenby has a higher ceiling. Tangradi is more of a sure thing.

A bit early for this, but probably Tedenby by a smidgen right now.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Now this truly is comparing apples to oranges.

I was extremely encouraged by watching Tedenby at our prospect camp. It would be one thing if he shied away from contact but he does the opposite, actually. He was laying hits and didn't hesitate to go into a corner once. Jeff Frazee described him best - "Slippery".

Like you guys have all mentioned, he does need to get stronger to be able to do that successfully in the NHL, but he has the motor to go along with those elite skills, a la Parise.

Darius Dangleaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 03:48 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison Ford View Post
I agree with everything in this post except for maybe the potential part. Especially the 8.0B rating. Do they seriously think he is on the same level as T.J. Oshie? That is rediculous. But again, couldn't of said things better than this post. I think Tedenby will make up the second half of 1-2 Punch at LW for the Devils. (Parise)
The reason I said Tangradi has more potential is because of who could be centering him and if Tangradi's offensive game really carries over well and hes able to reach 30/40/70 or even more...he's going to be one of the more complete players in the league. Tedenby definitely has great potential as well though. Tangradi is more of a sure thing to stay in the NHL but I think as of reaching a top-end potential, I see Tedenby more likely.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Comparison Ford
i got a star

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
The reason I said Tangradi has more potential is because of who could be centering him and if Tangradi's offensive game really carries over well and hes able to reach 30/40/70 or even more...he's going to be one of the more complete players in the league. Tedenby definitely has great potential as well though. Tangradi is more of a sure thing to stay in the NHL but I think as of reaching a top-end potential, I see Tedenby more likely.
I agree to an extent. I think Tangradi by himself though is a 50 point player in the mold of a Hartnell or Malone like someone stated before, but like you said, depending on who is centering him he can get up to around 70 points.

Comparison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

i dont think either of them are "sure things". they each have alot of questions to answer, will tedenby be able to become a complete player and not have his size effect him in the nhl? how will tangradi respond to playing against full grown men who will hit back?

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 08:41 PM
AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
i dont think either of them are "sure things". they each have alot of questions to answer, will tedenby be able to become a complete player and not have his size effect him in the nhl? how will tangradi respond to playing against full grown men who will hit back?
I think Tangradi is a sure thing because if he doesn't pan out as a top six winger in the Malone/Hartnell mold, he has the strength, style, and toughness to be an effective third liner.

Tedenby is a quality top six guy or a bust once he develops, IMO.

Just IMO, Teddy has a better set of hands on him and better scoring prowess if he reaches his potential.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Kevin Forbes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
Tangradi was an "overager" when he was with the Ducks.
No, he wasn't.
He has another year of CHL eligibility (where he would be a 20-year-old over-ager and be subjected to the CHL roster rules as one).

Kevin Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 03:35 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
If Tedenby was a few inches longer on draft day.. I'm sure he would've gone top10. I really like this kid and I think Devils-fans will enjoy watching him. He is a treat to watch.

However I think he has alot of boom-or-bust potential. He might one day be one of the best swedish players in the NHL but he might also be heading home after a year or two. We'll see.

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Kurt Cobain

I can't wait for Tedenby to make the NHL. I believe he's gonna be one of the more exciting players in the league and good for 30-40 goals and 40+ assists. And I don't believe the theory that he's either top 6 or bust because with speed like that you can turn into a top flight penalty killer. He's also above average defensivley for his age and isn't a soft player by any means and wil throw his body around. Best Devils prospect since Parise and he should be in the NHL by 2010-2011.

Kurt Cobain is online now   Reply With Quote