HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mon-Chi

Old
08-11-2009, 06:55 AM
TheCH*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brevard View Post
Chicago says no.

Georges is french for pylon and why would a team that will most likely be moving 2 higher priced forwards next spring move a lower priced guy who is priming himself to fill one of those openings.
a - its Gorges
2 - he is not french
c - he is the complete opposite of a pylon

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 07:18 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Fanhabtic, Markov was never mentioned.

Drydenwasthebest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 07:35 AM
Zim

It obvious that Gorges holds more value to the Habs than he would for the Hawks. Gorges would most likely be the 6th d-man for the Hawks behind Keith, Seabrook, Campbell, Barker and Hjalmarsson and as such the Hawks aren't going to offer up what Habs are looking for. The whole deal makes more sense if you just make it Brouwer + Niemi for Halak + a pick. Chicago drop some salary and pick up a reliable back up and the Habs add a big body at wing and a decent goalie prospect.

Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 08:10 AM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
It obvious that Gorges holds more value to the Habs than he would for the Hawks. Gorges would most likely be the 6th d-man for the Hawks behind Keith, Seabrook, Campbell, Barker and Hjalmarsson and as such the Hawks aren't going to offer up what Habs are looking for. The whole deal makes more sense if you just make it Brouwer + Niemi for Halak + a pick. Chicago drop some salary and pick up a reliable back up and the Habs add a big body at wing and a decent goalie prospect.
agree maybe 5th? (I don't really know Hjalmarsson).
BTW Gorges was in league leader in +- at the beginning of the year.

I could see Halak+4th line forward(Metropolit, Stewart, Chipchura, Laraque)

for Brouwer+Niemi

Id love Brouwer on the habs but if we acquire him for Halak but we have too many forwards. We would have to send down forward that would have to pass throught waivers (Chipchura, Stewart, D'Agostini) so that's why my proposal is Halak+forward for Brouwer+ Niemi

I would prefer something like Gorges+Halak for Barker

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 08:25 AM
Zim

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
agree maybe 5th? (I don't really know Hjalmarsson).
BTW Gorges was in league leader in +- at the beginning of the year.

I could see Halak+4th line forward(Metropolit, Stewart, Chipchura, Laraque)

for Brouwer+Niemi

Id love Brouwer on the habs but if we acquire him for Halak but we have too many forwards. We would have to send down forward that would have to pass throught waivers (Chipchura, Stewart, D'Agostini) so that's why my proposal is Halak+forward for Brouwer+ Niemi

I would prefer something like Gorges+Halak for Barker
I'd be happy with Brouwer and Niemi for Halak and Chipchura

I would hope that Chicago wont trade Barker since he is one of the major reasons why Chicago's PP was much improved last season.

Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 08:27 AM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
I'd be happy with Brouwer and Niemi for Halak and Chipchura

I would hope that Chicago wont trade Barker since he is one of the major reasons why Chicago's PP was much improved last season.
I'd do that deal as well.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
I'd do that deal as well.
I will vote dissent on the grounds that I think Chipchura > Brouwer and Halak > Niemi. But I acknowledge that I have a much higher opinion of Chipchura than the usual Habs fan does.

Aside from that, I just don't think I'd trade Halak in pretty much any kind of minor tweaking around the edges deal. He's too valuable to us to just shuffle away like that for no real reason.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 09:00 AM
neofury*

I can't believe people are saying no from either perspective, this trade just makes so much sense for both teams....

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 09:24 AM
salty justice

Right now there is not a reason to make this trade. Hendry is sitting 7th or 8th on the depth chart depending if you have him above or below Sopel. Sure he is on a 1 way contract, but I think he will have a good enough preseason for someone to pick him up off waivers.

Can Gorges be a better D partner for Barker than Johnson or Sopel? If you think so then one of them will need to be moved to make this trade happen. Johnson could be claimed off waivers but I'm not sure about Sopel.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote