HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kane to Buffalo (not a 20 cents joke)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-10-2009, 05:52 PM
  #51
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSharkzFan View Post
Come on, don't be that guy.
You don't be that guy. Way to completely miss the point. I don't care what the reasoning was for Kane's alleged actions (short of self defense, which I doubt), the incident still has bearing on how one should judge his character (presuming the charges bare themselves out to be true).


Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSharkzFan View Post
You're too gullible if you think the $0.20 story the media is pushing actually had anything to do with the altercation.
Barring a few extreme exceptions, I don't care what it started over, it is how it ended that is the problem. Again, way to miss the point .

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 11:47 PM
  #52
SoCalSharkzFan
Registered User
 
SoCalSharkzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The True Man's World
Country: United States
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
This is EA Sports logic. The Sabres are tapped out financially. The guys you are talking about trading are young and cheap for the forseeable future. Kane is a RFA and is looking at a 5 mil per year MINIMUM deal next year, and possibly as high as 7-8 from an offersheet.

Buffalo making the OP trade is beyond illogical... especially, when if they really wanted him they could offersheet for 4 first round picks instead of giving up their franchise defensemen prospect.

Try thinking first next time.
This is HFBoards.com extremist logic. Kane is a proven talent, arguably a superstar at 20. Myers is an unproven commodity, period.

You might have something if we're talking about an older player, but we're not.

There would obviously be salary going back to Chicago, that is something that maybe you don't understand. Most people who make these proposals can't grasp that concept. It's not like Buffalo is going to make a trade that simply adds a $5,000,000 cap hit.

There are a few problems with the offer sheet argument. Chicago will probably match any offer. Buffalo wouldn't have the space to just take on 5-6 mil anyway, on top of losing the 4 1st rounders.

pssst... Key word: Prospect. That means Myers could potentially become a top pairing defenseman, and possible Norris candidate. That could also mean he becomes a fringe bottom pairing defenseman or worse. You're overrating prospects, that's the extremist HFBoards.com logic.

Try thinking first next time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
You don't be that guy. Way to completely miss the point. I don't care what the reasoning was for Kane's alleged actions (short of self defense, which I doubt), the incident still has bearing on how one should judge his character (presuming the charges bare themselves out to be true).




Barring a few extreme exceptions, I don't care what it started over, it is how it ended that is the problem. Again, way to miss the point .
How about you don't be that guy? I got your point perfectly, nice attempt at backtracking though.

You bit hard on the media story, plain and simple. Even the cabbie's attorney said the whole situation was overblown... those aren't the words of an attorney who thinks he can get a fat settlement out of this.

The end result: All charges will be dropped, and your arguments will look a little silly. He's a star, things are going to get blown out of proportion. The key is to not get hooked by flashy headlines.


Last edited by SoCalSharkzFan: 08-11-2009 at 12:10 AM.
SoCalSharkzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 07:26 AM
  #53
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSharkzFan View Post
This is HFBoards.com extremist logic. Kane is a proven talent, arguably a superstar at 20. Myers is an unproven commodity, period.

You might have something if we're talking about an older player, but we're not.

There would obviously be salary going back to Chicago, that is something that maybe you don't understand. Most people who make these proposals can't grasp that concept. It's not like Buffalo is going to make a trade that simply adds a $5,000,000 cap hit.

There are a few problems with the offer sheet argument. Chicago will probably match any offer. Buffalo wouldn't have the space to just take on 5-6 mil anyway, on top of losing the 4 1st rounders.

pssst... Key word: Prospect. That means Myers could potentially become a top pairing defenseman, and possible Norris candidate. That could also mean he becomes a fringe bottom pairing defenseman or worse. You're overrating prospects, that's the extremist HFBoards.com logic.

Try thinking first next time.
Logic 101

- The Sabres already have an undersized pt per game producer in Derek Roy
- The Sabres already have 4 top 6 offensive forwards making big bucks for the foreseeable future (Vanek, Roy, Pominville, Connolly)
- The Sabres have an a solid influx of offense behind them (MacArthur, Stafford, Gerbe, Kennedy, Kassian)
- The Sabres do not have any top tier defensemen.
- Myers is 20 yrs old and possibly ready this year.
- Chicago and Buffalo are BOTH teams that want to cut salary
- Buffalo is a team that wants to get bigger and more aggressive, not smaller and more skilled
- Buffalo would be unable to sign Kane without trading atleast 1 of their top 4 offensive players, making the move lateral.
- Buffalo risks making the trade, then losing Kane to someone elses offersheet they cant afford.

Outside of the facevalue of a 20 yr undersized, 70 pt offensive dynamo for a 19 yr old, 6'9 prospect with a sky high ceiling..... the trade makes NO SENSE and is completely illogical and shows a complete lack of understanding of either franchise.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 11:51 AM
  #54
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Not with Pominville's cap hit! We would be better off keeping Kane

As a Hawks fan if for some reason we had to trade Kane to Sabres this is a package I would consider.

C Paul Gaustad
D Tyler Myers
1st round pick
1st round pick
If you don't want to take on major salary, then this trade is dead in the water. Buffalo can't add Kane's salary (beyond this year) without getting rid of big contracts themselves.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 12:58 PM
  #55
Mr Shanahan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,961
vCash: 500
This might actually be able to work out.. Kane goes back to his hometown, and Chicago saves a ****load of money. The deal would probably have to revolve around Pomminville and Stafford, like others have said, but I don't think this is impossible. It makes Buffalo better and, IMO, is a lateral move for Chicago, maybe even backwards for now, but would benefit in the future.

Mr Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.