HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Habs and Panthers

Old
08-11-2009, 01:14 PM
habsfans333*

vCash: 500
I watched quite a lot of Panthers game this season and Booth is growing on me, I love the way he plays the game.

If anything pans out, Frolik should be a great forward for several years with the Panthers.

Horton was a bit of a disappointment, I'm not sure I would deal Andrei Kostitsyn for him.

habsfans333* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfans333 View Post
I watched quite a lot of Panthers game this season and Booth is growing on me, I love the way he plays the game.

If anything pans out, Frolik should be a great forward for several years with the Panthers.

Horton was a bit of a disappointment, I'm not sure I would deal Andrei Kostitsyn for him.
The other two aren't going anywhere, either.

08-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Drydenwasthebest

If just to get Horton...

Plekanec + Weber + (D'Agostini or a 2nd) for Horton might work. Horton was a bit of a disappointment last season, and the Panthers have strength at Center. Plekanec is not that much of a down grade, and the Panthers get 2 young prospects. If you don't like this, make a counter offer.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Plekanec + Weber + (D'Agostini or a 2nd) for Horton might work. Horton was a bit of a disappointment last season, and the Panthers have strength at Center. Plekanec is not that much of a down grade, and the Panthers get 2 young prospects. If you don't like this, make a counter offer.
Nate wasn't a disappointment any more than any other season, the difference last season was his being moved to center for the first time in his NHL career. He's far better suited at the wing position, and Florida isn't going to use him at center this season should he stay.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Thanks!

I was under the impression that he was an actual center, not a converted winger. In that case, I wouldn't want to trade for him. No offence, but we need a natural, big center. We may have to overpay a bit, but we should hold out to get what we need, rather than put packages together for players that are not what we actually "need".

Horton's size does make him attractive, though, even at the wing position. Did you think the trade offer I made was fair value, or not, though?

Old
08-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
I was under the impression that he was an actual center, not a converted winger. In that case, I wouldn't want to trade for him. No offence, but we need a natural, big center. We may have to overpay a bit, but we should hold out to get what we need, rather than put packages together for players that are not what we actually "need".

Horton's size does make him attractive, though, even at the wing position. Did you think the trade offer I made was fair value, or not, though?
Doesn't sound terrible, but I honestly don't know.

A lot of people think Nate's a center, even EA Sports, but he's always been a winger in the Bigs.

Old
08-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Well, I think my offer is far better than what Buffalo fans are offering...lol. That thread is getting a bit ridiculous. Some are even saying Stafford for Horton straight up!

Still, I would rather find a big center to trade for. Do you have any available for the right package of players?

Old
08-11-2009, 04:11 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Well, I think my offer is far better than what Buffalo fans are offering...lol. That thread is getting a bit ridiculous. Some are even saying Stafford for Horton straight up!

Still, I would rather find a big center to trade for. Do you have any available for the right package of players?
Are you taking credit for my offer???

I impress even me!

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Lol...

Fanhabtic, you might want to read ALL of my posts before making statements about what I say. I hate your offer! I would not move A Kost + for Horton. I offered Plekanec + Weber + (D'Agostini or a 2nd) for Horton.

So, NO, I am not taking credit for your offer. Yours was an overpayment. Sorry.

Old
08-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Montreal01

You impress yourself (FanHabtic) on many boards, lol.

Pleks and AK for Horton is nuts

Montreal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 05:12 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal01 View Post
You impress yourself (FanHabtic) on many boards, lol.

Pleks and AK for Horton is nuts
LOL, i was just trying to see what its like to be a Kayuk!

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 05:17 PM
sidewayzLEAFS

panthers have now lost bouwmeester and need to find and promote a franchise player which might have to be horton or frolik in the future

however, david booth has really impressed last season and i wouldn't mind seeing him here in toronto

sidewayzLEAFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewayzLEAFS View Post
panthers have now lost bouwmeester and need to find and promote a franchise player which might have to be horton or frolik in the future

however, david booth has really impressed last season and i wouldn't mind seeing him here in toronto
He just signed here for 6 years at a great rate, not going anywhere.