HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mr. Claude Giroux

Old
08-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Pogo II View Post
Giroux will win the Vezina 12 times. You heard it here first!
You are only saying that because Jon Sim has decided to run for President of the US next election and will be too busy to play in complete seasons, after this coming season. It is a given that Jon Sim is greater than Giroux... let's not get carried away here.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 03:26 PM
uvegotafrendinpa

this seems wrong but hf doesnt even have claude considered for the calder...?

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...tes_for200910/

uvegotafrendinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvegotafrendinpa View Post
this seems wrong but hf doesnt even have claude considered for the calder...?

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...tes_for200910/
He is no longer eligible... Last year was his only shot.

Quote:
Eligibility rules:
1. 26 years old or younger by September 15 of their rookie season.

2. A player cannot have played any more than 25 games previously in any single season, nor have played in more than six games in two separate preceding seasons in any major professional league.

Gee played 42 games in 2008-09

Old
08-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Are we really going with Gee? Seriously?

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 05:31 PM
whskybarJM

when he fills out: Giroux > adam oates in his prime not flyers version

i can just seem him feeding everyone the puck

whskybarJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
I only use it because that is what his teammates call him... Would you rather I make up a nickname for him?

Supposedly the Flyers called Schultz, 'Zeus' (IIRC) while the fans called him Hammer.

The Flyers called Barber, 'Arnie'... and Bladon, 'Sparky'...

Let's forgo what his friends and teammates call him in the room and on the ice; what do you suggest we call him? I find 'Gee', or 'G', easier to type than Giroux... But I'm an easy going chap, I can adjust... thus leaving the conversation open for more important matters... What's it going to be? Do you like, 'Roo'/'Roux'? How about Claude?, but he pronounces it as 'Clowd' or something odd

Old
08-11-2009, 06:29 PM
whskybarJM

how about ....... Giroux?

sorry nothing worse than a forced nickname, let him have his career something will happen and he will get a name from it.

kind of like naming your water pipe, a nickname needs to come naturally

Old
08-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by whskybarJM View Post

sorry nothing worse than a forced nickname, let him have his career something will happen and he will get a name from it.

Again, it is his nickname... the ones Richie and Carts and Harts use in the Room.

But, I can take a hint... I will spell out his entire name from here on out... As I will with Richards, Carter and Hartnell.

Old
08-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Claude Giroux

Quote:

And it always does.

Claude Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 08:12 PM
whskybarJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersJunky View Post
Again, it is his nickname... the ones Richie and Carts and Harts use in the Room.

But, I can take a hint... I will spell out his entire name from here on out... As I will with Richards, Carter and Hartnell.
cooperation is key, thank you.

by the way if they do come on here. Carter you are equally funny and pathetic at the bar. The pick up line only works for you, but thanks for weedin gout the money loving ***** from the regualr *****. I just cant afford the money girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
And it always does.
stanley goodspeed is always ready to party.

Old
08-11-2009, 09:52 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGalt View Post
I still think seeing Him and Briere on the 3rd line is most likely. I don't see the personnel on this roster to run a true checking line.
I honestly rather see Gagne/Richards be the 1c line and Giroux/Briere get more time but whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Well considering that if you project last years production over an entire season he'd have had some 54 points, 60 points really isnt any kind of a stretch. He didn't see much time on the PP for his first 20 games in the NHL so hispoints should increase right there. He should see roughly 3 mins of special teams play next season split pretty evenly between PK and PP. He should see roughtly 13-15 mins of even strength time per game in addition to the special teams time and 60 points is probably a little conservative for him. If he plays a full season (78+ games) then I'd project him between 65-70 points with upwards of 75 points not unrealisitc.

The NHL Network has been showing some of the Flyers/Pens playoff games from this past season, just watch them and see for yourself what this kid can do. It's almost like the game moves in slow motion for this kid. He's even better than anything we've seen so far in the NHL.
Phlocky, I agree completely.....I think this guy is a stud in the making!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
If I rank our forwards in terms of offensive talent (i.e. pure ability...and as we all know ability doesn't always equate to production)

1)Jeff Carter
2)Danny Briere
3)Claude Giroux
4)Simon Gagne
5)Mike Richards
6)Scott Hartnell
Not sure I can put Carter up top on this one...Scoring yes, but outside of that he is rather poor...Not the best passer, doesnt have great vision...he is pretty one dimensional at the moment. That one dimension is great, but it is still only one dimension. In pure skill I put Briere at the top without a 2nd thought about it.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
See, I always saw the different players as calling him "G," not "Gee..."

At least that looks better to me.

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
See, I always saw the different players as calling him "G," not "Gee..."

At least that looks better to me.
I don't know if I've ever seen it in print... I went with where the spirit led me.

... But, since he is now deemed by these HFB posts, the next great NHL superstar, the one with Forsbergesque moves and set ups... wouldn't you think that his teammates would look at his play and say, "Gee, what a great player you are" ?

Old
08-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Pancho Lefty*

Claude Giroux is and will be the best player to ever put on a Flyers uniform. Anyone that does not see this needs to have their head examined, but even with such ailments it will become obvious in a short period of time.

Pancho Lefty* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 08:43 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
I only use it because that is what his teammates call him... Would you rather I make up a nickname for him?

Supposedly the Flyers called Schultz, 'Zeus' (IIRC) while the fans called him Hammer.

The Flyers called Barber, 'Arnie'... and Bladon, 'Sparky'...

Let's forgo what his friends and teammates call him in the room and on the ice; what do you suggest we call him? I find 'Gee', or 'G', easier to type than Giroux... But I'm an easy going chap, I can adjust... thus leaving the conversation open for more important matters... What's it going to be? Do you like, 'Roo'/'Roux'? How about Claude?, but he pronounces it as 'Clowd' or something odd
Quote:

No I think Roo is good

Hartnell can be Tigger

Quote:
cooperation is key, thank you.

by the way if they do come on here. Carter you are equally funny and pathetic at the bar. The pick up line only works for you, but thanks for weedin gout the money loving ***** from the regualr *****. I just cant afford the money girls.

stanley goodspeed is always ready to party.
You met Carter at a bar and he pointed out different types of ***** to you? If so that's pretty awesome.

ilovetheflyers8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 09:07 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

After reading this thread if Giroux has a mediocre year this forum will implode.

I think he has great potential, but he has still some ways to go. I'm thinking he might have a M.Michalek type season

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 09:36 PM
97FlyersKing18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
After reading this thread if Giroux has a mediocre year this forum will implode.

I think he has great potential, but he has still some ways to go. I'm thinking he might have a M.Michalek type season

BLASPHEMER!

...but in reality it is possible that Claude could have a sophomore slump. Thankfully, if he is having a mediocre year, he is not considered our main offensive threat or defensive stalwart. We know what we will get with Richards, Carter, Gagne, Hartnell, and Briere (when healthy) and I am confident they will pick up the slack. With our leadership core, I doubt they let Claude fall too far into a slump before they intervene. Nobody is perfect, but Claude Giroux has given Flyers fans a reason to be excited and optimistic. The future looks bright with Richards, Carter, Hartnell, Giroux, JVR, Parent and Coburn.

97FlyersKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
I don't know if I've ever seen it in print... I went with where the spirit led me.

... But, since he is now deemed by these HFB posts, the next great NHL superstar, the one with Forsbergesque moves and set ups... wouldn't you think that his teammates would look at his play and say, "Gee, what a great player you are" ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
No I think Roo is good

Hartnell can be Tigger
Also, God will suffice.

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 12:27 AM
BerubeBox*

I'm surprised there aren't more fans of other teams slamming us for putting him on this pedestal. If you didn't watch all or most of the Flyers games in the second half of last season, there's no way you can be convinced. He did at least one Godlike Thing each game. More times than not it didn't turn into a goal but it was close and the ideas were from another universe.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 05:46 PM

Top thread.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 06:14 PM
hockeyfreak7

Perfect bump thread

Unreal call on the previous page saying he'd be up there with Crosby and Malkin leading the league in scoring at one point-- then being bashed for it.

I expected nice things from Claude, but never did I think he'd develop into what he is right now. Great to finally have one of the true superstars in the NHL wearing orange and black.

Man, I really hope he can grab the scoring title from Malkin and Stamkos with a big push down the stretch.

hockeyfreak7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 04:35 AM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I don't think so. He might never be the defensive player that Peter is, but offensively, he's just as capable. He's probably got better vision than Peter and now that he's acclimated with the style of game in the NHL, there's no reason why he won't be a multiple 100+ point scorer in the league. Like I said, he has more pure and natural talent than any other forward on the team and always plays with the under dog mentality. I'll go one step further and say that I won't surprise me if we see Giroux up with Crosby and Malkin as league scoring leaders. He's that good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
1. Let's not get carried away quite yet....half a season in the NHL shouldn't have you saying that just yet. I think he has vision that is comparable to Foppa, but better than him? I'm not ready to think that.

2. I'm just stunned. Not saying you're wrong, I'm just stunned you're calling that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Dear god, we have seen half a season of giroux and a 6 game playoff series. Now we are comparing him to the forsberg who has 2 stanley cup rings and is one of the greatest playoffs performers of all time. Not to mention probably one of the most talented players of all time.

Jesus how teams rate their young prospects is beyond farsical
Phenomenal succession of posts.

I wish I could find some old threads with my Giroux predictions because they were just as lofty as BCF16's (seriously). When I witnessed live his assist to Gagne on that shorthanded goal in Game 3 against Pittsburgh, something in me clicked. I was already really excited about the player Giroux could become (I had bought his jersey a month earlier and wore it to the game), but it was only at that moment I knew he was going to be a superstar in this league. It's the play that gave us our first signature Giroux moment and encapsulates the rare combination of skill and desire that makes him so special.

I've already said in previous threads dating back to last season: Claude Giroux is going to go down as one of the best players in franchise history, win a Stanley Cup (hopefully more than one, of course), and have his number retired.

Looking back at how people rated players on the team in terms of "pure" talent is pretty amusing, too. It was obvious very early on that Giroux was the most naturally skilled player on the team, even at age 21.

Last edited by Amateur Hour: 03-11-2012 at 04:40 AM.
Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2012, 04:42 AM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
While I don't agree with the the previous poster's sensational claim about Giroux being a more offensively-gifted Forsberg (is there even such a thing?), the comparison really isn't that far off. Both players possess generational play-making ability, jaw-dropping hockey sense/IQ, and raise their game to another level in the playoffs. Forsberg was more physically dominant because of his size, but Giroux is one tough customer and never shies away from contact or scrums along the boards. In fact, it seems like he relishes the opportunity to get his nose dirty. I just hope that Giroux's style of play coupled with his body type doesn't lead to injury problems, a la Forsberg, because he has the talent to one day be among the top 5 or 10 point producers in the game.
^^^

Oooooooh!! FOUND SOMETHING!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
You can really tell that bolded portion from half of a season and six playoff games? I have to admit that I didn't see much of Foppa that first half season he played in Quebec City, and remember nothing of it other than what I read... I saw a few glimpses of Giroux's moves that might be considered reminiscent of Forsberg, but far too few to consider him an heir apparent... or say that he has generational skills or is a lock to excel in anything, at this point. If he shows such on a consistent basis over the next couple to few seasons, I'd feel more comfortable saying that he can be mentioned seriously in the same breath as Forsberg -- I will however admit that I did my self post on another forum that a couple of his moves reminded me of the many moves Forsberg displayed while healthy and wearing Orange & Black.

I know that statistics by them selves mean nothing... and especially so when they are separated by over a decade, and a whole set of revised rules and competition... but, for curiosity, I looked up the first seasons of Forsberg and Giroux -- ignoring Giroux's two game call up from Juniors in 2007-08 -- The playoffs were strikingly similar, with Forsberg getting the odd extra assist... but the regular season greatly favored Foppa in all categories, even the special teams play that I didn't copy here. As I said, they prove nothing, but are interesting; Giroux's is the stats of a promising player, while Forsberg's are stats of a better than PPG player who would only get better.

Forsberg.................Gm.....G.....A.....pts... .+/-
1994-1995 Nordiques.47.....15....35.....50....17........ Regular Season
1994-1995 Nordiques..6.......2.....4.......6.....2......... Post Season

Giroux
2008-2009 Flyers......42.......9....18.....27....10........ Regular Season
2008-2009 Flyers........6.......2.....3.......5......2...... .. Post Season
Yes, I can. When you know, you know. You know?

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Keaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
^^^

Oooooooh!! FOUND SOMETHING!!

Yes, I can. When you know, you know. You know?
I've been riding on Giroux's jock since the very beginning of his call-up. I'm watching the games and just telling my friends this guy is going to be a superstar and they still all remember to this day and credit me with a great call. They were like yeah he'll probably be good in the future and I was like no this dude is going to be absolutely amazing and the best player on this team in a few years.

Keaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 08:10 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Hope these last games Giroux gets hot and wins the scoring title he could do it plus hope the team get hot down the stretch as well starting tomorrow night against the devils at home would like to see Giroux have the first of many multi pt nights....

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote