HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

WJC Rosters - United States

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2009, 11:15 PM
bobermay

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
The lines I'd love to see are:
Kreider-Schroeder-Bourque
Morin-Stepan-Palmieri
D'Amigo-Johnson-Kristo
Czarnik-McRae-Budish

I didn't notice much of the defense, outside of the amazing play of Fowler and Carlson.
Isn't Ryan >>> D'Amigo? You'd think so after the positions they were recently drafted at....

Old
08-11-2009, 11:21 PM
windflare

Schroeder and Morin had some chemistry going during the scrims - Morin might be in there over Bourque, but we'll see. D'Amigo has some skills.

Old
08-11-2009, 11:42 PM
duckyman

Has Palmieri impressed? I see he's been racking up the points, is this due to his linemates, or is he capable of creating offence by himself?

Old
08-11-2009, 11:59 PM
weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobermay View Post
Isn't Ryan >>> D'Amigo? You'd think so after the positions they were recently drafted at....
Just because Ryan was selected before D'Amigo doesnt mean hes currently a better player. Lots of times players get selected before others based on potential rather then actually being a better player then the other guy at that exact moment.

Old
08-12-2009, 02:09 AM
AlexanderTheGood

Jack Campbell
Mike Lee

John Moore John Carlson
Cam Fowler Aaron Ness
Jake Gardiner Matt Donovan
Nick Leddy

Jeremy Morin Jordan Schroeder Kyle Palmieri
Chris Krieder Phillip McRae Ryan Bourque
Derek Stepan Zack Budish Kenny Ryan
Danny Kristo Mitch Wahl Robbie Czarnik
Jerry D'Amigo

Old
08-12-2009, 03:55 AM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 643
Not a bad team, but I'd flip the goalies, Campbell is still young and would really have to impress to start over Lee.

Old
08-12-2009, 07:16 AM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I don't think that highly of Ness and I wouldn't be upset if he didn't make the team.
I definitely to take your opinion quite highly....I really like Matt Donovan actually...Are you a Leddy Fan?

Old
08-12-2009, 07:45 AM
Konk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windflare View Post
Schroeder and Morin had some chemistry going during the scrims - Morin might be in there over Bourque, but we'll see. D'Amigo has some skills.
Schroeder and Morin have chemistry and history together, I'd be surprised not to see them together when the tournament rolls around.

Remember these camps/games are to try everyone together and see who can adapt, who can excel in what role, and find out what everyone's made of.

People also need to remember that sometimes players who dominate in camp rarely do in the tournament. I doubt you'll see Leddy and Kristo lighting up the WJCs as they have in the camp. In fact, Leddy might not even make the squad altogether. The 'D' group is pretty deep this year.

Old
08-12-2009, 08:39 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
I got to see them for the first time hands-on tonight.

Cam Fowler is really something special. Looks like he'll be a great PP QB someday.

Disappointed with Schroeder, but very impressed with Tyler Johnson.

IMO Johnson, Bourque, and Kreider are the 3 fastest players on the team.

Carlson is a monster defensively, looks like a real leader on this team.
Keep an eye on Kristo in the next few games...he's also a really fast player. Maybe he wasn't able to use his speed this time, but from what I've seen, he can fly on a rink.

Old
08-12-2009, 09:04 AM
xIsle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderTheGood View Post
Jack Campbell
Mike Lee

John Moore John Carlson
Cam Fowler Aaron Ness
Jake Gardiner Matt Donovan
Nick Leddy

Jeremy Morin Jordan Schroeder Kyle Palmieri
Chris Krieder Phillip McRae Ryan Bourque
Derek Stepan Zack Budish Kenny Ryan
Danny Kristo Mitch Wahl Robbie Czarnik
Jerry D'Amigo
I don't think Wahl will make the team.

Old
08-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy17 View Post
He's not on this team currently playing, but apparently no players have been completely cut yet in the grand scheme of things

Old
08-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy17 View Post
I have very little doubt that Mitch Wahl will make this team.

Old
08-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Konk

Quote:
Basically, they're both good two-way guys with character and work ethic, but Ryan's a bit bigger/stronger and D'Amigo has more offensive skill. He's not a dangler or a sniper per se, but he finishes his chances and has good hands to go with his work ethic. I guess scouts believe more in Ryan because of his size advantage, but I wouldn't take him over D'Amigo after watching them for two years.

This '91 group is different than other years for the U.S. Not a lot of superstar power outside of Morin, but there's plenty of skill, two-way ability, and work ethic from just about all of them. It's a lot of what the U.S. has been missing at the WJCs.

Old
08-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konk View Post
Basically, they're both good two-way guys with character and work ethic, but Ryan's a bit bigger/stronger and D'Amigo has more offensive skill. He's not a dangler or a sniper per se, but he finishes his chances and has good hands to go with his work ethic. I guess scouts believe more in Ryan because of his size advantage, but I wouldn't take him over D'Amigo after watching them for two years.

This '91 group is different than other years for the U.S. Not a lot of superstar power outside of Morin, but there's plenty of skill, two-way ability, and work ethic from just about all of them. It's a lot of what the U.S. has been missing at the WJCs.
They also have a few speedster! Some player will fly out there!

Old
08-12-2009, 10:48 AM
bobermay

Quote:

Cool thanks. I know that this is a WJC USA thread.... but what would you say their potentials are. 2nd line wingers?

Old
08-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12 View Post
I definitely to take your opinion quite highly....I really like Matt Donovan actually...Are you a Leddy Fan?
I'm a pretty big Leddy fan. I think he was taken a bit too high in the draft, but I definitely like him.

Old
08-12-2009, 11:35 AM
BIG BLUE

My memory is vague but perhaps I heard one of the Leafs brass say D'Amigo would be an energy guy, maybe like DiDomenico...where Ryan goes for the power forward thing, as he patterns his game after Iginla.

Old
08-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Konk

Quote:
Cool thanks. I know that this is a WJC USA thread.... but what would you say their potentials are. 2nd line wingers?
For D'Amigo, yes. Ryan's probably a better bet to be a third line winger. His game is more dependent on his crash/bang style and defensive game. Those are by far his biggest strengths, his PKing ability, his hitting ability, play along the boards/in front of the net. He's not the fastest, but he's a solid skater. It's funny, because in midgets he was always supposed to be the most skilled '91 over guys like Morin, but since day one with the NTDP he's never been in his class skill-wise.

D'Amigo is a smarter player with better hands and scoring instincts, but his biggest attribute is his work ethic. He's going to be an NHLer for sure, IMO. He's not the biggest, but his physical pedigree is similar to Zach Parise in that he has a really strong lower base and is pretty tough to play against because he never gives up. He scores a lot of his goals in similar fashion to Zach. He has the strong two-way game as well and can kill penalties, great leader, very vocal. Like I said, I think D'Amigo's an NHLer for sure, and if his skills keep developing at the rate they have been he can be a 2nd line player. He's been a personal favorite of mine for a while, he was the true heart and soul of the team last year.

Old
08-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Hossa

Quote:
For D'Amigo, yes. Ryan's probably a better bet to be a third line winger. His game is more dependent on his crash/bang style and defensive game. Those are by far his biggest strengths, his PKing ability, his hitting ability, play along the boards/in front of the net. He's not the fastest, but he's a solid skater. It's funny, because in midgets he was always supposed to be the most skilled '91 over guys like Morin, but since day one with the NTDP he's never been in his class skill-wise.

D'Amigo is a smarter player with better hands and scoring instincts, but his biggest attribute is his work ethic. He's going to be an NHLer for sure, IMO. He's not the biggest, but his physical pedigree is similar to Zach Parise in that he has a really strong lower base and is pretty tough to play against because he never gives up. He scores a lot of his goals in similar fashion to Zach. He has the strong two-way game as well and can kill penalties, great leader, very vocal. Like I said, I think D'Amigo's an NHLer for sure, and if his skills keep developing at the rate they have been he can be a 2nd line player. He's been a personal favorite of mine for a while, he was the true heart and soul of the team last year.
Konk, do you have any insight on why D'Amigo slipped in the draft as he did. I have only seen him at the U18s but everything you said is in line with my view on him, and I'm still baffled by why he slipped. I read one published report that it may have been because of a lingering injury, and surely there's been speculation it has to do with RPI, but I was wondering if you'd heard anything else.

Old
08-12-2009, 12:12 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

vCash: 50
Quote:

Thanks for this in-depth report Konk !

Old
08-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

It's easy to see that Mike Lee is Blais' guy. I wonder if the other goalies are going to get much of a sniff?

Old
08-12-2009, 12:15 PM
BIG BLUE

he touches on it here...vaguely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ffz5F6Yw_M

Old
08-12-2009, 12:18 PM
BIG BLUE

similar inteview of Kenny Ryan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6icZWC334I

Old
08-12-2009, 12:22 PM
bobermay

Quote:

Amazing report. Thanks a lot!

Now... /Leafs talk
And back to WJC Team US roster

Old
08-12-2009, 12:30 PM
BPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12 View Post
I have very little doubt that Mitch Wahl will make this team.
He was cut from the USA/Russia scrim squad.

Closed Thread