HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official UFC 101 Thread

Old
08-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

vCash: 500
Official UFC 101 Thread

Wow just wow! Epic Knock Out from Silva... Greatest Knock OUT EVER!

BJ VS Florian Next!

Let's Go Florian!

Russian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2009, 11:13 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdel Kostitsyn View Post
Wow just wow! Epic Knock Out from Silva... Greatest Knock OUT EVER!

BJ VS Florian Next!

Let's Go Florian!
Not to be jerk man - but go to the top of the page, hit PAGE 2 - and go to the MMA section.

More people.

Or check out sherdog.net for huge MMA discussion.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2009, 11:16 PM

Someone has a feed?

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2009, 11:19 PM
frankenstar

http://watchme.bloggum.com/

shhhhh..

frankenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2009, 11:20 PM

Thank you my homie.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2009, 11:24 PM
frankenstar

No problem.

frankenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Fire Brunet*

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2009, 11:31 PM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek View Post
Seriously WTF was that fight ?

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Habs514

Booooo BJ Penn won.

Habs514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 12:06 AM
Dunlop

Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin was juste pure domination ... Can't wait to see Anderson fight again. The rest of the event was boring, it was not worth my 50$ in my opinion. Ufc 100>>>>101

Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 12:56 AM
Habs

I'm a huge GSP fan, but he has no business thinking about taking on AS ... ever. Too big, too good AS is not a good matchup for GSP ... I'm glad he hasn't commited to this.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I'm a huge GSP fan, but he has no business thinking about taking on AS ... ever. Too big, too good AS is not a good matchup for GSP ... I'm glad he hasn't commited to this.
I don't think it's avoidable given both of them will run out of contenders to wipe out. The fans will call for it and the pressure will keep increasing to make it happen. UFC will see it as a huge marketing opportunity and take out the wallet..

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 10:27 AM
PK76

The Spider is such a beast! He manhandled Griffin!

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
GSP himself said that he'd have to get much bigger before even thinking of taking on AS. As for "too good", I don't believe that the least bit. GSP is one of the smartest fighters if not the smartest fighter in the UFC. He prepares for every fight based on his opponents strengths and weaknesses. Every time someone says 'so and so' will out-wrestle GSP what happens? Every time someone says 'so and so' will out-strike GSP what happens? Forrest is among my favorite fighters in the UFC but he's a pure scrub. Other than leg kicks he isn't particularly good at anything. He has absolutely no punching power, no wrestling skills, no striking skills (as Silva and others showed), etc.

Silva hasn't fought anyone with the skill set that GSP has...maybe the size and strength would come into play, but as GSP said he wouldn't consider fighting him unless he felt big and strong enough to take him... I imagine that GSP will fight another middleweight (Swick) before taking the big dog on...

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Pascal

if Silva and GSP did fight there would be a bunch of requirements from both sides. I'd imagine GSP wouldn't want to gain too much so they'd have to find a compromise as to the weight target.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post

Silva hasn't fought anyone with the skill set that GSP has...
Well, I think thats debatable as well, unless you think Dan Henderson is some sort of joke. I mean, Sylva just made Griffin look bad on his feet, and Forrest is a terrific striker.

Sylva's reach would be devastating, mixed with his superior striking skills and movement. If it went to the ground, AS is more than comfortable enough to go there as well.

GSP should avoid Anderson in my opinion, the size difference and striking would be too much.

Old
08-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Silva is boring he just sits there waiting to land his power counter attacks.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2009, 11:39 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Well, I think thats debatable as well, unless you think Dan Henderson is some sort of joke. I mean, Sylva just made Griffin look bad on his feet, and Forrest is a terrific striker.
Forrest is a terrific striker? That's news to me. He's among the weakest strikers in the LHW division and I don't think many would argue that. Dan Henderson ain't a joke, but he's a shade of his former self and has nothing on GSP who's just now entering his prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Sylva's reach would be devastating, mixed with his superior striking skills and movement.
Are you making this stuff up? Silva has 1 inch reach advantage over GSP, truly devastating... Superior striking skills? One could argue. Silva might have better striking (certainly more accurate) but it's not to the point where he'd dominate GSP in the stand up. Like I said, GSP is the smartest fighter in the UFC (imo). He'd come into this fight with a good game plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
GSP should avoid Anderson in my opinion, the size difference and striking would be too much.
The size difference is substantial at this point, but given 8-10months GSP can easily make it up and even if his striking is better, I don't think GSP would have a problem hanging with him.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 01:34 AM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Silva is boring he just sits there waiting to land his power counter attacks.

http://www.mmashare.com/anderson-sil...101-t8743.html

^^^^^^^^^^
Is this Boring?

Old
08-10-2009, 02:00 AM
vstimpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshea View Post
Seriously WTF was that fight ?
Its like life.... Sometimes you just need to hit the right button !

vstimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 07:33 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
if Silva and GSP did fight there would be a bunch of requirements from both sides. I'd imagine GSP wouldn't want to gain too much so they'd have to find a compromise as to the weight target.
On OTR, GSP said if he ever fought AS that he would bring his weight up to AT LEAST 200 lbs.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 08:15 AM
neofury*

GSP vs Silva would be epic, but I get a feeling Silva would win. Even though the Silva knock out seemed kind of flukey, we saw a side of Silva we haven't seen in recent times. He isn't a 1 dimensional fighter and neither is GSP. Seeing them both square off would be epic, whether or not GSP wins. If he won it would be super epic though.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Forrest is a terrific striker? That's news to me. He's among the weakest strikers in the LHW division and I don't think many would argue that.
I'd argue that, and he went strike for strike with Jackson to gain my respect for his striking skills and toughness. I'm not placing Forrest near the top with his striking skills, but he's banged it out with some of the best, and you can't take that away from him. He won a title with his "weak striking skills" you like to talk about.

Quote:
Dan Henderson ain't a joke, but he's a shade of his former self and has nothing on GSP who's just now entering his prime.
Really? Went he knocked Bisping into next week, nobody questioned his abilities, but I suppose you'll come back with how "Bisping was a joke anyways".
Quote:

Are you making this stuff up? Silva has 1 inch reach advantage over GSP, truly devastating
Sylva's reach is almost 78" , GSP is at least 2" less, that is significant in the striking game. That mean's Georges has to reach in a heck of a lot more, leaving him open to Anderson's wicked leg kicks and devastating strikes.

Quote:
... Superior striking skills? One could argue. Silva might have better striking (certainly more accurate) but it's not to the point where he'd dominate GSP in the stand up.
Yes, yes he would. GSP's striking isn't near the level of Sylva's, not even close.

Quote:
The size difference is substantial at this point, but given 8-10months GSP can easily make it up and even if his striking is better, I don't think GSP would have a problem hanging with him.
Well then I suppose you and I will have a side bet if this fight happens, although I don't see it ever taking place now that Anderson will probably move to LHW for good, where he belongs.

Old
08-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Sebaldian

Quote:

Yes, yes he would. GSP's striking isn't near the level of Sylva's, not even close.
I'm a huge GSP fan, but I gotta agree with this. Hopefully they fight and he proves me wrong, but I don't see that happening.

Sebaldian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG