HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

3 way deal NYR-OTT-SJ

Old
08-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Chief

vCash: 500
I dunno...Avery and Callahan are pretty physical...

Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils13 View Post
I also wanna thank everyone for agreeing that this proposal is decent unlike many others...a true honor considering many of my other trade proposals have been **** on haha
No knock on you but it's really not that decent. First of all, without taking into account salaries, any trade proposal is meaningless. As for the particulars, Ottawa gets reamed. Now, they'll probably get reamed anyway since they have little leverage but there's no need for them to move Lee in addition to Heatley. And the Rangers make off like bandits. I'm not saying I'd want to move Dubi and McD for Marleau and Lee but if you're just looking at talent and NHL production, Marleau > Dubi and Lee > than McD.

Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt trick View Post
Could we just do Dubinski for Marleau?

Not that the Sharks need another center, as Marleau has been moved to wing to accomodate the lack of wingers, but I love Dubinski.

There are few centers (Malkin, Crosby, Datsyuk, Backstrom, and maybe Roy, Staal, or Carter) who would be a better fit for Gaborik that Marleau. He has excellent speed, is very good defensively, and he owns the offensive capabilities to make him a great fit.
This is more or less like the Devils trading Zajac for Marleau. Just doesn't work, because the Rangers need to add a center, not move one for another. And like the Devils, they seem to like the potential of their young center and need his low cap hit. And they really don't need Lee, with their stable of young D-men.

Last edited by Brooklyndevil: 08-12-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2009, 01:37 PM
RangersMaster

That deal makes no sense whatsoever From a Rangers standpoint.

RangersMaster is offline   Reply With Quote