Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2009, 01:10 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

vCash: 500
http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/200...ng-in-the.html

Quote:
And you know what? That isn't Europe. If anyone wants to go watch some of those European games, you aren't going to get close to the juice that was in that building Saturday, in that type of game. It was physical, it was tough, it was a man's game. And that's hockey. Anyone who wants to try to change this game should go to Europe for three weeks and watch those games. They're struggling over there, because it's like watching paint dry. There's no question about it. They're 2-1 games, nobody touches anybody, there's no passion and all you get is a little razzle-dazzle skill every once in a while.
Yep, I agree with him. DEL hockey is almost unwatchable right now imo.

Old
03-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Daltner

So now we've got

Düsseldorf - Krefeld
Mannheim - Nürnberg

PPO'S

Wolfsburg - Augsburg
Hamburg - Frankfurt

Old
03-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Sanderson

Talk about a close midfield, just five points between 4th place and 10th place. Only one win more and Hamburg could have been 4th, one less and they would have been 10th.

Whoever wins the Hamburg-Frankfurt series should pray that Augsburg beats Wolfsburg, else they have to face Berlin. While it looks like Hannover has turned the corner after their bad stretch, they are still a far cry from the roll Berlin has been on lately.

Old
03-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Could anyone give me some information on Augsburg Panther Mathis Olimb? How would you desribe his style of play? What position did he usually play for Augsburg? I've seen him listed as C, LW and RW.

Old
03-07-2009, 03:23 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Could anyone give me some information on Augsburg Panther Mathis Olimb? How would you desribe his style of play? What position did he usually play for Augsburg? I've seen him listed as C, LW and RW.
not sure about his position, but the only word you need to know about him is "circles".
he's a fantastic player, extremely skilled, but he loves to skate circles on and on and on. augsburg fans loved his skill, but were often a bit frustrated than once he got the puck, he didn't search for a passing option but just skated around.

Old
03-28-2009, 09:11 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Go Berlin!!! I wonder who they may be playing in the semi's?

Old
03-31-2009, 12:45 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

What is your opinion of Gogulla? How does he compare with some of the older players in the DEL? Is he an elite player in the league?

Old
03-31-2009, 10:16 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatterson14206 View Post
What is your opinion of Gogulla? How does he compare with some of the older players in the DEL? Is he an elite player in the league?
Gogulla has NHL possibilities. The Sabres have themselves a guy who should break in within three seasons.

He's got a temper and doesn't avoid traffic, but is in serious need of real bulking up. Those legs of his are just screaming for an ACL tear - they look like sticks, even when he's got his equipment on!

The skill-level is however there. He has a very good sense of what is going on around him and seems to understand the game well. Internationally, he's been a top 6 forward for over a good year now.

There should be an article with a report on his and other Germans' progress in the near future.

Last edited by Chapin Landvogt: 03-31-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old
03-31-2009, 12:23 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle View Post
Gogulla has NHL possibilities. The Sabres have themselves a guy who should break in within three seasons.
he already said that he wants to play only one season in the AHL. he will try to work hard and expects to end up in portland. but he wants to force them to call him up with good play. but after that AHL season he'll be RFA and it's either a one-way NHL contract or DEL for him. he has no interest in signing a new 2way contract and end up in the AHL again.

and to be honest, i think he will never be a NHLer. he takes no responsibility on the ice. he can shine when there's nothing left to lose (like in cologne this season), but when his team needs him he's missing in action. his national team performances were so bad, i wouldn't mind leaving him off the roster.

Old
03-31-2009, 01:51 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
and to be honest, i think he will never be a NHLer. he takes no responsibility on the ice. he can shine when there's nothing left to lose (like in cologne this season), but when his team needs him he's missing in action. his national team performances were so bad, i wouldn't mind leaving him off the roster.
That's my opinion as well but I never thought Goc and Schubert would get many NHL games either.

Old
03-31-2009, 03:51 PM
Sanderson

Fans always have more demanding expectations than management does. They also have a tendency to see more weaknesses than there really are. There have been some players who were simply atrocious according to some fans, yet they got a new contract every year. They must have convinced someone after all.

Gogulla had many weak appearances for Germany lately, but it's not like that has always been the case, he also had some pretty good games. While he wasn't dominant, he still produced on a good rate in every WC he played in.
Besides, it's not like he suddenly started to produce when the games didn't matter anymore. He had a better season last year, while Cologne made it to the finals.

Taking no responsibility has nothing to do with making the NHL. There are plenty of players who aren't taking charge when needed, yet have a very respectable NHL-career. Gogulla has the skill to become a 2nd or 3rd line forward, even with his tendency to not show up now and then.

Old
04-01-2009, 06:24 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Gogulla

In any case, Gogulla should be at the WC this spring in Switzerland.

These games may even be regularly streamed this year - for us in Europe, Eurosport 2 has shown a lot of unexpected hockey this winter, incl. WJC games. I suspect we'll be able to see some WC action in addition to Team Germany's games.

Old
04-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

The final is once again Berlin vs. Dusseldorf.

Somehow, I knew after that OT goal in game 4, coming off a useless error where Boos took the puck away from Patzold just to see it get knocked in by Courchaine two seconds later, that Dusseldorf was gonna take this thing.

At the end of the day, DDorf has the better foreigners (Collins, Courchaine and Reid simply too much for Hannover to handle) and the better goalie. Just seemed like there'd be no way Patzold beats Storr when everything is on the line.

Still, can't see more than maybe one hard-fought win by Dusseldorf in the final. Berlin just seems too good for this league.

Old
04-07-2009, 09:03 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Ah...was hoping Hannover would sneak into the final....don't see Berlin having a hard time with DEG....

Old
04-08-2009, 05:44 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF AmericanLionsFan View Post
Ah...was hoping Hannover would sneak into the final....don't see Berlin having a hard time with DEG....
you think the scorpions would do better?

the only team that is able to match berlin in talent is mannheim. but since they are not good as a team, they had no chance against berlin. and now i think we'll see a sweep. berlin is simply too good. talentwise and as team.

and berlin has home advantage which is a real advantage in their new arena. the scorpions have an away game every game.

Old
04-08-2009, 03:10 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
you think the scorpions would do better?

the only team that is able to match berlin in talent is mannheim. but since they are not good as a team, they had no chance against berlin. and now i think we'll see a sweep. berlin is simply too good. talentwise and as team.

and berlin has home advantage which is a real advantage in their new arena. the scorpions have an away game every game.
Well, not that I think Berlin would have a hard time with them,but I'd rather see Hannover than DEG.

Old
04-09-2009, 02:40 AM
Woody19

Send a message via ICQ to Woody19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF AmericanLionsFan View Post
Well, not that I think Berlin would have a hard time with them,but I'd rather see Hannover than DEG.
Personally, I prefer seeing DEG in the finals Not just because they're my hometown team and I've had season tickets since 1989 and want to see another championship after 13 years, but also because it would be quite refreshing to see some other team win other than Berlin ...
Nevertheless, I think it will be very hard for Duesseldorf to clinch the series, but I won't stop believing until the fat lady sings

Old
04-11-2009, 01:45 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody19 View Post
Personally, I prefer seeing DEG in the finals Not just because they're my hometown team and I've had season tickets since 1989 and want to see another championship after 13 years, but also because it would be quite refreshing to see some other team win other than Berlin ...
Nevertheless, I think it will be very hard for Duesseldorf to clinch the series, but I won't stop believing until the fat lady sings
That I agree with...so today was a great day then... 3 -1 Metro Stars... I do like Joseph and Kreutzer as well..

Old
04-15-2009, 04:26 AM
Woody19

Send a message via ICQ to Woody19
Tonight will be an important game for Duesseldorf: If Berlin wins, they're gonna be champions yet again, so hopefully my team will show the same grit and effort as in game no. 2 and spoil Berlin's triumph. If Duesseldorf manages to win today, then they'll have a realistic chance to win in Berlin on Friday, too

Old
04-17-2009, 06:52 AM
Dfire

And Eisbären Berlin did it again. For the 4th time in 5 years!

That also means that the Hannover Scorpions will get to qualify for the Champions Hockey League. They'll play The Hague and Grenoble in a tournament and the winner of that tournament will have to defeat Linköpings from Sweden in order to get to the group stage.

Berlin is qualified for that group stage already.

Old
04-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Lui One Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfire View Post
They'll play The Hague and Grenoble in a tournament and the winner of that tournament will have to defeat Linköpings from Sweden in order to get to the group stage.
Hmm, how do you know that?

Old
07-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Mathletic

is there a website that keeps track of all stats in Germany? The DEL site has the stats for a couple of seasons, but is there a site that keeps more?

Old
08-05-2009, 12:45 PM
IamSamIam

Krefeld and Shay Stephenson

I see he isn't listed on their roster. Any idea where he is?

Old
08-09-2009, 01:05 PM
renegpunkt

@FSU sminoles

There is a good german Database for german hockey leagues.

It is called www.rodi-db.de

Old
08-13-2009, 12:00 AM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegpunkt View Post
@FSU sminoles

There is a good german Database for german hockey leagues.

It is called www.rodi-db.de
thanks!

Closed Thread