HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Redden or McCabe?

View Poll Results: Who would you want?
Wade Redden 70 92.11%
Bryan McCabe 6 7.89%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2004, 09:20 AM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrisweb
...McCabe...he's more physical... But Redden is superior in every other aspect of the game there is so..
I agree.

Old
11-03-2004, 10:36 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Redden

Old
11-03-2004, 12:32 PM
Cat Called Bobcat

While I like most of what McCabe brings, I can't stand his mouth on the ice and off. And that would be enough to make me pick Redden.

Also, though McCabe definitely initiates more physical play, Redden takes an incredible beating and keeps on ticking, so he's no softie. Plus, Owen Nolan and Tie Domi always seem to want to fight him.

Old
11-03-2004, 01:07 PM
Big Phil

Redden for sure without even thinking. And why? Well who was on Team Canada and who wasnt? Exactly.

And as for McCabe anyone who can cough the puck up twice in one period to Keith Primeau in the playoffs and make him look like Mario Lemieux doesnt deserve to be mentioned in Redden's class.

Old
11-03-2004, 03:14 PM
Rand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil
And as for McCabe anyone who can cough the puck up twice in one period to Keith Primeau in the playoffs and make him look like Mario Lemieux doesnt deserve to be mentioned in Redden's class.
I chose Redden as the better player, but picking out one individual bad game in an entire career and saying McCabe doesn't deserve to be compared to Redden is foolhardy at best IMHO.

I can name a couple games from Lidstrom is which he looked downright terrible at best, but no one is going to say Lidstrom isn't far better then Redden.
If your looking for specific bad games, then it's not very difficult to paint even HOF'ers as poor players.

Old
11-03-2004, 04:48 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil
Redden for sure without even thinking. And why? Well who was on Team Canada and who wasnt? Exactly.

What's your point about Redden being on Team Canada and McCabe not? That means very little in my oppinion. Theo Fleury won gold with Canada a few years ago over guys like Todd Bertuzzi...I guess Theo must be the better player?

The only thing in your post that was honest was that you weren't even thinking. McCabe and Redden are VERY close in terms of their value to teams.

Closed Thread