HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is this year lineup better than last year's one?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-13-2009, 07:49 PM
  #26
Stephaaane
Registered User
 
Stephaaane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 167
vCash: 500
Forgot to put something: Martin 2010, Carbonneau 09 so,

Martin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Carbonneau

First, MArtin brings a good system and he brings the prospect to their potential

Carbonneau, never been a fan of him because of his mentality 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4... and because of the system he had (static forwards when we were getting out of the defensive zone,...)

Stephaaane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 08:09 PM
  #27
HabsHockey
Registered User
 
HabsHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman777 View Post
LW - Cammalleri > Tanguay
C - Gomez > Koivu
RW - Gionta = Kovalev

LW - Latendresse = Higgins
C - Plekanec = Lang
RW - A. Kostitsyn = A. Kostitsyn

LW - S. Kostitsyn
C - Lapierre = Plekanec
RW - Moen > Kostopoulos

LW - Stewart > Begin
C - Chipchura > Metropolit
RW - Laraque = Laraque

LD - Markov = Markov
RD - Mara = Komisarek*

LD - Spacek > Schenider
RD - Hamrlik = Hamrlik

LD - Gorges = Gorges
RD
- Gill > Bouillon

Spare - O'Byrne > Brisebois



*not saying Mara is BETTER than Komisarek, I think he can play as well as Komisarek did last year though.
Kovalev>Gionta and i'm not a Kovalev fan
Metropolit is still in the NHL, Chips isn't.
Lapierre is a completely different player from Plecks and Lang, how can you put = on all 3?
Komi>Mara and i'm not a Komi fan.
Higgins>Lats

HabsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 08:17 PM
  #28
The Nightman
Registered User
 
The Nightman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,860
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsHockey View Post
Kovalev>Gionta and i'm not a Kovalev fan
Metropolit is still in the NHL, Chips isn't.
Lapierre is a completely different player from Plecks and Lang, how can you put = on all 3?
Komi>Mara and i'm not a Komi fan.
Higgins>Lats
I disagree, altho Higgins is better defensively I would take Latendresse over Higgins because he is not injury prone, and has better scoring ability
plus higgins can't deke for ****

The Nightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 08:41 PM
  #29
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,941
vCash: 597
Last year's team was very good on paper everyone thought, 3 scoring lines that had everyone excited and we all know what happened with the offence.

2009-10 defence should be better though. No more near AHLers playing with Hamrlik on the 2nd pairing. Much better depth, more puck moving ability and the Martin's system effect.

But as always, it will come down to the amount of injuries, goaltending and in our case with so many new faces, how quickly we gel.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 08:42 PM
  #30
HabsHockey
Registered User
 
HabsHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABbiest View Post
I disagree, altho Higgins is better defensively I would take Latendresse over Higgins because he is not injury prone, and has better scoring ability
plus higgins can't deke for ****
Lats hasn't hit 20 goals in his 3 years of NHL play. Higgins has done it 3 out of 4. He is more injury prone but they have missed the same amount of games in their careers.

When did Lats become a deker?

HabsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 08:42 PM
  #31
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABbiest View Post
I disagree, altho Higgins is better defensively I would take Latendresse over Higgins because he is not injury prone, and has better scoring ability
plus higgins can't deke for ****
Latendresse = 69.6 --> 70 games
Higgins = 70 games


Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 08:51 PM
  #32
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,532
vCash: 500
I think its about the same. The team went through some tough injuries starting right from the pre season though... just staying healthier would make a notable difference this season.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 09:16 PM
  #33
habfan1968
Registered User
 
habfan1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 50
We have some very diverse opinions on who is better than whoever. I can see how some would say we are not as good but we are certainly better than last season. Overall the player comparisons may be a little skewed. If we compare each player by position and use say age or years in NHL than we could get a clearer picture. I don't think you could use best seasons comparisons because of era and changes to the game etc..

Komisarek vs. Mara all around I think Mara is preferable. Pure defensive D ok, Komisarek.

Gomez vs. Koivu You know the true mark of a great leader? Championships!! NO ONE will ever convince me Koivu was not a great Captain, in my opinion he was the face of the franchise for the last 10 years and he is a favorite of mine. Gomez is younger and cost more but he is as good as Koivu and is younger so the edge goes to Gomez for the upcoming season.

Kovalev vs. Cammy Lets say Cammy score 29 goals this upcoming season and Kovalev scores 40 for Ottawa. We still come out on top in this on, Cammy wants to win and plays like he wants to win every night. I'll take Cammy over Kovalev any day just because of effort and desire. Kovafloater will score at least 30 in Ottawa and god for him because in the 10-11 season he'll get 10 and get run out of town.

Pleks vs. Higgins You can't compare them they play diff. positions.
Plek08/09 vs. pleks 09/10 New pleks has to be better this year. Pressure to point every night when Kovafloat was not playing is gone and the 1st line will hold up it's end of the bargain and that will leave the second line more opportunity.


Leadership 08/09 vs Leadership 09/10 Clearly we are now looking at a different team and the culture will be better so the leadership of the defence corp still comes from Markov(OD) and now from Mara/Gill (DD) We also now have the ability to ice 3 balanced defense pairings one offensive and one defensive.

Coaching to easy Martin should be able to work this out.

Gainey 08/09 vs. Gainey 09/10 We learned somehting new this off season and that is Bob is not afraid of the media or fans and will do what he thinks is right for the team to be competitive both now and in the future, that said, Bobs off season has impressed me and now he is more dangerous than ever.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 09:20 PM
  #34
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,091
vCash: 500
They are better simply because these new players will try their best every game whereas the previous players liked to take too many nights off. I know I will enjoy watching this team play much more. I can stand losing because they were not as good as the other team on the given night, I CANNOT stand losing because they did not try.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 09:23 PM
  #35
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,351
vCash: 500
Awards:
I think the offense is a toss up but our defense is hugely improved.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 09:23 PM
  #36
habfan1968
Registered User
 
habfan1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
They are better simply because these new players will try their best every game whereas the previous players liked to take too many nights off. I know I will enjoy watching this team play much more. I can stand losing because they were not as good as the other team on the given night, I CANNOT stand losing because they did not try.
I totally agree with you.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 10:09 PM
  #37
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Latendresse = 69.6 --> 70 games
Higgins = 70 games

Latendresse was scratched the 2 previous years. He was only injured this past year.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 10:13 PM
  #38
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 36,745
vCash: 133
I think we've added more heart players that will show up to play every game, 100%. It's what we lacked last year which led to inconsistency, IMO. I think we won't see a lot of that this year, with the new roster.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 10:21 PM
  #39
The Nightman
Registered User
 
The Nightman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,860
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsHockey View Post
Lats hasn't hit 20 goals in his 3 years of NHL play. Higgins has done it 3 out of 4. He is more injury prone but they have missed the same amount of games in their careers.

When did Lats become a deker?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Latendresse = 69.6 --> 70 games
Higgins = 70 games

1st of all Latendresse has better Hands then Higgins IMO
Latendresse was a healthy scratch while higgins was injured for the games he missed
and Latendresse is four years younger

The Nightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 10:32 PM
  #40
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,222
vCash: 1340
LW - Cammalleri > Kovalev (Unless you break it down to when they both play 100%)
C - Gomez > Koivu (I love Saku, but I think Gomez has the better stats)
RW - Gionta > Tanguay (They put up similar offense, but gionta plays the better game)

LW - Latendresse = Higgins Depends on how Higgins plays
C - Plekanec > Lang Lang is pretty much almost done, and Plek in badly underrated
RW - A. Kostitsyn > A. Kostitsyn I'm going to hope he's an impromement

LW - S. Kostitsyn
C - Lapierre < Plekanec Plek is better, but he's still on the team, so no biggie.
RW - Moen > Kostopoulos Same guy, just better

LW - Stewart > Begin Stewart is a better force
C - Chipchura < Metropolit Metro is better, but both are on the roster, so whoever is better will play
RW - Laraque = Laraque I'm hoping for D'ago, or even Pacman here.

LD - Markov = Markov
RD - Mara = Komisarek In terms of skill, Komisarek wins, but I think Mara will gell better.

LD - Spacek > Schenider Younger better
RD - Hamrlik = Hamrlik

LD - Gorges = Gorges
RD
- Gill > Bouillon Bigger

Spare - O'Byrne > Brisebois

I like the new team.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 10:42 PM
  #41
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenYoung View Post
LW - Cammalleri > Kovalev (Unless you break it down to when they both play 100%)
C - Gomez > Koivu (I love Saku, but I think Gomez has the better stats)
RW - Gionta > Tanguay (They put up similar offense, but gionta plays the better game)

LW - Latendresse = Higgins Depends on how Higgins plays
C - Plekanec > Lang Lang is pretty much almost done, and Plek in badly underrated
RW - A. Kostitsyn > A. Kostitsyn I'm going to hope he's an impromement

LW - S. Kostitsyn
C - Lapierre < Plekanec Plek is better, but he's still on the team, so no biggie.
RW - Moen > Kostopoulos Same guy, just better

LW - Stewart > Begin Stewart is a better force
C - Chipchura < Metropolit Metro is better, but both are on the roster, so whoever is better will play
RW - Laraque = Laraque I'm hoping for D'ago, or even Pacman here.

LD - Markov = Markov
RD - Mara = Komisarek In terms of skill, Komisarek wins, but I think Mara will gell better.

LD - Spacek > Schenider Younger better
RD - Hamrlik = Hamrlik

LD - Gorges = Gorges
RD
- Gill > Bouillon Bigger

Spare - O'Byrne > Brisebois

I like the new team.
I agree on almost everything,but Mara is better than Komisarek in terms of skill.


Last edited by Myron Gaines*: 08-13-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 10:50 PM
  #42
NewGuy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,702
vCash: 500
I don't think this year's lineup, especially the offence, looks as good as last years. However last year's team grossly underachieved and this years team could easily do better even if they aren't as deep or talented.

NewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 10:52 PM
  #43
HabsHockey
Registered User
 
HabsHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABbiest View Post
1st of all Latendresse has better Hands then Higgins IMO
Latendresse was a healthy scratch while higgins was injured for the games he missed
and Latendresse is four years younger
Your entitled to your opinion, but how is the guy who has less goals per season and gets scratched while healthy on your line up instead of Higgins?

HabsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 11:00 PM
  #44
Sports1131
Registered User
 
Sports1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Boston/Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Better? On paper it's debatable, but I'm very confident that this year's team will work much harder and play with some pride.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 11:04 PM
  #45
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,222
vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
I agree on almost everything,but Mara is better than Komisarek in terms of skill.
Nice avatar.
Bias?

I agree Mara is a really good hockey player, but I think Komisarek's best > Mara's best. BUT. I'd take Mara any day.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 11:12 PM
  #46
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,345
vCash: 500
Last year's team was good, it was just bad luck it crashed and burn.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 11:16 PM
  #47
FerrisRox
Registered User
 
FerrisRox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Brisebois View Post
Cammalleri will play with Gomez, Gionta will play with Plekanec...
So they paid $5 million a season for five seasons to acquire Scott Gomez's winger from his Devil days in order to ... not play him with Gomez?

You might want to reconsider that one.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 11:19 PM
  #48
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brrr -18, Gomez Cold
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
On paper it might not look like it...but we've added chemistry and players with heart + character, which is what we lacked.

Think about it...in recent years Koivu and Kovalev were never gelled with a single player. On paper they look like great players, but on the ice...they never gave good results, and I don't think it was always because of the players around them.
Yes we've added chemistry based off those quality interviews they've given. As of now, thats a ridiculous statement seeing as they haven't stepped on the ice yet.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 11:25 PM
  #49
habfan1968
Registered User
 
habfan1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
I don't think this year's lineup, especially the offence, looks as good as last years. However last year's team grossly underachieved and this years team could easily do better even if they aren't as deep or talented.
? the offense will out produce last years offense, it probably is the best offense we've had since Damphousse was here. Koivu is not in his prime nor is Kovalev and Lang. The only player that is close to prime is Tanguay and he is soft. the new talent is better today than if we had kept those three. they are younger and faster and bring more game in game out effort. the only player we would miss is Koivu but Gomez is as good a center and playmaker as Koivu.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 11:25 PM
  #50
The Nightman
Registered User
 
The Nightman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,860
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsHockey View Post
Your entitled to your opinion, but how is the guy who has less goals per season and gets scratched while healthy on your line up instead of Higgins?
I have latendresse in my line up and not higgins because lats is still with montreal, the reason why we didn't scratch Higgins is because we always thought that he was gonna get out of his slump but it never happend, I find ever since that injury against new jersey he never really found his touch. Latendresse on the other hand is younger and has more potential (personally I hate them both) but if I had to chose it would be Lats. Thats just my opinion

The Nightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.