HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers that "won't back down"

Old
08-12-2009, 10:44 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
And neither did Carcillo, except that some people are obsessed with hating him for no reason.... Come clean now. What is it, we're you in love with Upshall, or did some Italian guy with long hair and no teeth steal your girlfriend?
Ill be honest, no need to bring Upshall into this arguement... Im staying out of it, but I think this debate has to do with Carcillo and not Upshall.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2009, 10:51 AM
JuniorVasquez*

wahhhhz!

JuniorVasquez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Ill be honest, no need to bring Upshall into this arguement... Im staying out of it, but I think this debate has to do with Carcillo and not Upshall.
I was just kidding.....

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2009, 11:06 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
I was just kidding.....
I need the sarcasm icon

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Jeez...just watched a Carcillo interview, who busted his teeth? He can afford to fix it, can't believe he wanna look like that.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I need the sarcasm icon
OK, in fact, I think I'll just use it all the time...

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
true, Carcillo wouldnt have fallen down like he had a broken jaw

It was blatant embellishment on Talbot's part. Carcillo barely touched him. This is what bothers me the most about the new NHL.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2009, 05:32 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
And neither did Carcillo, except that some people are obsessed with hating him for no reason.... Come clean now. What is it, we're you in love with Upshall, or did some Italian guy with long hair and no teeth steal your girlfriend?
Apparently he did. What he did was something CLEARLY spelled out by the NHL and Colin Campbell. Putting out a guy who averaged 2 seconds of PK time for the season, and took 20 faceoffs all season, goes out and punches a guy in the back of the head, in a time of the game that had already featured more shenanigans that no one in the locker room was proud of, i.e. the 'message sending', this was EXACTLY the type of situation that the NHL publically mandated that teams do NOT do. Does the NHL have blatant double standards? Yes. But Carcillo gave the NHL a golden opportunity to make an example of him, and they took it. Keep in mind Stevens was fined too, so it was clear what the NHL thought of the Flyers' intentions.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 01:17 AM
kicksave27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
It was blatant embellishment on Talbot's part. Carcillo barely touched him. This is what bothers me the most about the new NHL.
whatever happened to that diver list they had going, and calling just the dive penalty? that was actually a good move, which means of course the NHL immediately ceased it, ugh

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 01:47 AM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Jeez...just watched a Carcillo interview, who busted his teeth? He can afford to fix it, can't believe he wanna look like that.
I think some players probably wait till after they have retired to get that kind of work done. What's the point if it might just happen again. For instance in a video of Laperriere when he was on the Kings he said he was waiting till after he had finished playing to get his nose fixed.

edit: Wait was it Talbot Carcillo hit during the face off? Wasn't it someone else? Was it Kennedy?

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2009, 01:56 AM
tuckrr

What we need to play is the ovechkin style. Obviously Ovechkin can skate shoot and deke, but he also LOVEs to finish his checks (and even looks to put himself in a place where the opportunity to hit will arise)

i find players we had earlier like downie played stupid and dirty hockey, subsequently taking penalties.
what we need to do is Play the game like Ovie, play the game and hit whenever its legal save the "toughness" for after the whistle; then we can face-wash/drop gloves.

so remember finish your checks (look for them), but dont get retaliation penalties or stupid cross checks/slashes

(yes carter im talking about your ability to slash after the play has passed :p )

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 01:01 AM
BerubeBox*

I love it. There are two different ways to look at the situation and both of them are inspiring. I think the thread's title highlights that ambiguity too.

From the perspective of an individual team trying to win a cup, it clearly shows a direction and an overall motivation. To some people I understand it just looks like something a neanderthal came up with, but to beat 29 other teams you've got to distinguish yourself from the pack and then exploit that advantage, whatever it is.

I also like that it's directly defying a modern league mandate we all know is a disgraceful pile of ****. Gary Bettman made changes to placate current or potential moneymen - who probably couldn't care less about hockey btw - and ensure that they don't see Todd Bertuzzi every time they look at a hockey player and Steve Moore everytime they think about the game of hockey. In effect he sold out one of the most loyal portions of the game's fanbase, and I'm not just talking about fans of this team. If the Flyers management and ownership are fighting back against that fraudulent garbage, I couldn't be happier. It remains to be seen if it'll actually have a historical impact on the nature of the game, but I'm all for trying. And I'd be proud as hell no matter how it turns out.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote