HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers Eyeing Brad Richards

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-14-2009, 01:30 AM
  #1
glees68
Registered User
 
glees68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 684
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to glees68
Rangers Eyeing Brad Richards

Quote:
The two sides have agreed on Brandon Dubinsky being involved... The Rangers are trying to move Roszival... The Stars have no interest in Michael Roszival.
http://insidepittsburghsports.com/st...ichards/15912/

This site is pretty reliable. But, take it for what you will.

glees68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 01:34 AM
  #2
Garden Mystique
Registered User
 
Garden Mystique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jersey Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 301
vCash: 566
please no

Garden Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 01:45 AM
  #3
MSG the place to be*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,784
vCash: 500
Richards is like Gomez, a negative value player based on his contract. By this I mean that I would have to be enticed to take him. Certainly wouldnt give up a guy I want in Blue for the next decade. I know Montreal gave up a lot of value for Gomez but it was retarded of Gainey and common sense and logic still tell me value needs to be sent along with the bloated contract.

Ill add that if Sather does this it is by far the stupidest move hes ever made.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 02:03 AM
  #4
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,080
vCash: 500
People need to point the finger at Torts in this sceanrio. You know damn well he's the one whose asked for Richards.

Now we know why Dubinsky hasn't been signed. It was nice knowing ya kid. Goodluck.


Last edited by hpNYR: 08-14-2009 at 02:11 AM.
hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 02:06 AM
  #5
hairylikebear
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
 
hairylikebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,900
vCash: 500
Brad Richards, negative value. Good lord that is a dumb thing to say.

hairylikebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 02:17 AM
  #6
MSG the place to be*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairylikebear View Post
Brad Richards, negative value. Good lord that is a dumb thing to say.
Would you trade Redden for nothing. I would.
Would you trade Redden and a 7th rounder for nothing. I would.
Would you trade Redden and a 2nd rounder for nothing. I would.

As you can see, Redden has negative value IMO.

Richards is also negative value. Meaning...

Would I want to take on Richards @ 7.8M for nothing. Nope.
Would I want Richards w/ a 7th rounder for nothing. Nope
Would I want Richards w/ a 2nd rounder for nothing. Maybe.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 02:26 AM
  #7
hairylikebear
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
 
hairylikebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,900
vCash: 500
Except he only has one year left @ 7.8, and he also happens to be a pretty good player (read: UNDERSTATEMENT)

hairylikebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 02:31 AM
  #8
MSG the place to be*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairylikebear View Post
Except he only has one year left @ 7.8, and he also happens to be a pretty good player (read: UNDERSTATEMENT)
He has two years left. If you told me that he would sign an extension of like 3 years 15 million than he would be appealing. But to trade for a guy who cash straps us the next two years, could and most likely would walk away in free agency, and have to give up Dubi, and leaves us with 3 nhl defenseman is crazy talk.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 03:21 AM
  #9
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Would you trade Redden for nothing. I would.
Would you trade Redden and a 7th rounder for nothing. I would.
Would you trade Redden and a 2nd rounder for nothing. I would.

As you can see, Redden has negative value IMO.

Richards is also negative value. Meaning...

Would I want to take on Richards @ 7.8M for nothing. Nope.
Would I want Richards w/ a 7th rounder for nothing. Nope
Would I want Richards w/ a 2nd rounder for nothing. Maybe.
So by that logic, would you take Richards for Redden?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 03:28 AM
  #10
rmcg11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 299
vCash: 500
if they wanted to do redden for richards straight up id probably say hell yeah but otherwise no thanks i'll pass on half of the salary cap going to 4 players

rmcg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 03:31 AM
  #11
t3hg00se
Registered User
 
t3hg00se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,392
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Glen, please, no.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 03:48 AM
  #12
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Richards is like Gomez, a negative value player based on his contract. By this I mean that I would have to be enticed to take him. Certainly wouldnt give up a guy I want in Blue for the next decade. I know Montreal gave up a lot of value for Gomez but it was retarded of Gainey and common sense and logic still tell me value needs to be sent along with the bloated contract.

Ill add that if Sather does this it is by far the stupidest move hes ever made.
I would say that he is right between Gomez and Drury even.

Is he a good player? Of course. He would right now easily become a top 5 forward in NY. Top 2 most would say.

But don't let that fool you. He is a 65-70 pts player in 80 games on the avg NHL team. He have missed the PO's in 5 of his 10 NHL seasons. He was very avg for Dallas last season in his 52 games -- he definitly didn't help them much. But the BOTTOMLINE is that he makes 7.8m per. With him as our 1st line center its hard to name 4 teams in the EAST without a better 1st line center. Is that worth 7.8m per?

Not in my opinion. We also already have Drury. If you get Richards you need to get rid of Drury. They are very alike as talents and players.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 04:08 AM
  #13
danno2530
 
danno2530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,454
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Honestly I'm not sure if I'm taking the word of some Pittsburgh(?)-based site in regards to what the Rangers are going to do. To me that looks like nothing more than a rumor site.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 04:53 AM
  #14
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,111
vCash: 500
Richards plays nothing like Drury...he's a major playmaker, which Drury is not in any way

but either way, why would Dallas trade him

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 04:59 AM
  #15
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,397
vCash: 500
please no, i really don't like richards at his price tag, especially not for dubinsky and roszival.
MAYBE i'd do dubi + redden, but i'm not sure that would be good either

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 05:00 AM
  #16
LeetchisGod
We miss the net
 
LeetchisGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,175
vCash: 500
The big problem that I have with getting Richards is that this team is not one player away from title contention. We should not get rid of Dubinsky, who should be the future captain of this team, for another overpaid 2nd line center.

LeetchisGod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 05:05 AM
  #17
Section311
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,021
vCash: 500
This makes no sense to me. We wouldnt trade Dubi for Heatley but we are going to trade him for Richards.

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 06:01 AM
  #18
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section311 View Post
This makes no sense to me. We wouldnt trade Dubi for Heatley but we are going to trade him for Richards.
Seriously. Please let them stay very far from agreeing on a trade.

And we are interested in Bertuzzi? Oh god.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 06:06 AM
  #19
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 30,992
vCash: 500
Dallas Morning News Stars beat writer Mike Heika shot down this rumor(again)two days ago.

It's the middle of August and it's slow.......

Another 10 page thread on a trade which has a 20% chance of happening.

The NHL has a salary cap and all of these BS rumor sites seem to forget that.

$7.8 million. 2 years.

Don't tell me you can resolve the cap issues or you can play around with the cap.

Calgary tried that last season and ruined their season. Sutter is trying it again this season.

Besides Gomez,none of the stinky NHL contracts moved this summer.

Knowing Sather he is not assuming $7.8 million without moving a big contract in exchange or assuming it for nothing(ie Jagr's contract).


Last edited by RangerBoy: 08-14-2009 at 06:19 AM.
RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 06:27 AM
  #20
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Dallas Morning News Stars beat writer Mike Heika shot down this rumor(again)two days ago.

It's the middle of August and it's slow.......

Another 10 page thread on a trade which has a 20% chance of happening.

The NHL has a salary cap and all of these BS rumor sites seem to forget that.

$7.8 million. 2 years.

Don't tell me you can resolve the cap issues or you can play around with the cap.

Calgary tried that last season and ruined their season. Sutter is trying it again this season.

Besides Gomez,none of the stinky NHL contracts moved this summer.

Knowing Sather he is not assuming $7.8 million without moving a big contract in exchange or assuming it for nothing(ie Jagr's contract).
That site has been pretty reliable though over the past few months. Still, hoping it doesn't happen of course.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 06:36 AM
  #21
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 30,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
That site has been pretty reliable though over the past few months. Still, hoping it doesn't happen of course.
OK,what stories have they broken?

It's like the Sens Chirp guy. When you ask what stories he(assuming it's a he)has broken, you get no response.

This is a news article?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 06:50 AM
  #22
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Would you trade Redden for nothing. I would.
Would you trade Redden and a 7th rounder for nothing. I would.
Would you trade Redden and a 2nd rounder for nothing. I would.

As you can see, Redden has negative value IMO.

Richards is also negative value. Meaning...

Would I want to take on Richards @ 7.8M for nothing. Nope.
Would I want Richards w/ a 7th rounder for nothing. Nope
Would I want Richards w/ a 2nd rounder for nothing. Maybe.
Yeah, Gomez also had negative value, right?

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 07:01 AM
  #23
FromTheSide
Registered User
 
FromTheSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 20,270
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
OK,what stories have they broken?

It's like the Sens Chirp guy. When you ask what stories he(assuming it's a he)has broken, you get no response.

This is a news article?
It may not be happening but the site is credible for posting legitimate news or rumors not something like pulling random words out of a hat *cough* eklund.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 07:21 AM
  #24
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 15,230
vCash: 500
.

The logic behind this move makes no sense which is why I highly doubt it will happen.

What I keep coming back to is what's already been mentioned here in that if Sather was not including Dubinsky in a deal for Heater, there's no way in hell he will include him for a significantly lesser player in Richards.

Now, that could change depending on what the actual package for Heater was.

I like Dubinsky, but I think he's a glorified 2nd line center. At best I see him as a decent 2nd line center but a very good 3rd line center capable of playing sound defensive hockey.

I just don't want Richards at almost 8 million regardless of any salary we give back.

The only deal I would be really comfortable would be Redden for Richards and we pretty much know that wont happen.

I just question the logic behind the deal as to me, it doesn't make any sense.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2009, 07:23 AM
  #25
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,870
vCash: 500
This would be on Torts for sure cause he wants Richards

I think Richards can be a really good player but the Rangers would have to get something young back on D.

Thing is who the heck is going to take Rozsival for nothing?............likely no one so it won't get done

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.