HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Leblanc or Schroeder?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-13-2009, 11:49 PM
  #251
JohnHodgson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobermay View Post
How is it a good thing?



I DIDN'T say he won't have room to develop. I said he wont have AS MUCH room to develop. I playing that is built like Schroeder will generally have a better shot, speed and skills like that. They would also have a better ballance, and center of gravity so it would be hard to knock them off the puck.

Many 17/18 year olds play who aren't filled out. Their center of gravity may not be the best, their shot may be weak, they may be too slow. But as they fill out, these king of areas would improve.

Hence Schroeder not having AS MUCH room to develop
So if you're built better physically you're going to have a better shot, speed and skills? I'll give you the edge on balance, but that's it. If he's better built he has more balance hense he doesn't get knocked off the puck as much. Other than he can still develop a lot.

JohnHodgson is offline  
Old
08-13-2009, 11:54 PM
  #252
JohnHodgson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastal_nuck View Post
I know this is a hockey forum and what we do here is speculate but that's exactly what you are doing. As guilty as some Schroeder fans are of not being able to listen to logic, you keep arguing that Schroeder is already filled out and that he won't grow any more, that he will remain stagnant. This is also pure speculation by yourself and you have nothing to back it up. Sure he's 5'8" right now, but he may still grow a few inches. Do you know Schroeder's body? I doubt Schroeder himself knows. But if you are sure then that's saying something
Their you go bobermay. It's all speculation. Him being more physical mature than most prospects IS a good thing by the way.

JohnHodgson is offline  
Old
08-13-2009, 11:56 PM
  #253
JeromeHP
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,637
vCash: 500
perron fell? some ranking didnt had him in their top30, and was never talk about as a top5 or top10 pick like schroeder was in his draft year or the year before

dont think schroeder fell only because of his size

JeromeHP is offline  
Old
08-14-2009, 12:16 AM
  #254
Genghis Keon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaler2 View Post
And the reasoning that you use is to come up with a sea of inanity?
If that's how you want to see it, sure.

You put forth what I thought was a ridiculous argument (no offense). bobermay laughed, but I wanted you to expand on your claim. I asked the questions I did because those are the questions I couldn't answer and have the argument still hold up when I was trying to see things from your perspective. It's your argument, so I wanted to see if you could answer the questions or if the argument would fall apart for you too. If you don't want to answer or can't answer, whatever, you don't have to do anything you don't want to do.

Genghis Keon is offline  
Old
08-14-2009, 12:19 AM
  #255
Scouter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,709
vCash: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghis Keon View Post
If that's how you want to see it, sure.

You put forth what I thought was a ridiculous argument (no offense). bobermay laughed, but I wanted you to expand on your claim. I asked the questions I did because those are the questions I couldn't answer and have the argument still hold up when I was trying to see things from your perspective. It's your argument, so I wanted to see if you could answer the questions or if the argument would fall apart for you too. If you don't want to answer or can't answer, whatever, you don't have to do anything you don't want to do.
Ok I will answer at least one question even if I find them ridiculous.

Scouter is offline  
Old
08-14-2009, 12:33 AM
  #256
Scouter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,709
vCash: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghis Keon View Post
A few general questions:

Do you think NHL teams base their draft rankings on the various scouting services and then focus only on players likely to fall within their expected range?

Well everyone knows that each NHL team has it's own scouting ratings, however there is also consensus on some players as to where they will approximately go in the draft, or some teams are just bad at scouting and drafting, and that's why good players fall.

Scouter is offline  
Old
08-14-2009, 12:37 AM
  #257
JohnHodgson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
perron fell? some ranking didnt had him in their top30, and was never talk about as a top5 or top10 pick like schroeder was in his draft year or the year before

dont think schroeder fell only because of his size
http://cdn.nhl.com/futures/cssrankin...katers_num.pdf

JohnHodgson is offline  
Old
08-14-2009, 02:35 AM
  #258
habsfans333*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Mali
Posts: 1,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHodgson View Post
The point is, David Perron didn't fall in his draft year. He was older than anyone...

Second, he only had 1 year in the LHJMQ... In his 1st year of eligibility no LHJMQ team took him. He was relayed to a lower junior hockey league called Junior AAA. I saw plenty of those game in 2005-06 and he was good but nothing that much impressive.

So after only 1 year against good competition, drafted in the 1st round was pretty high for Perron. He wasn't projected to be any higher than low 1st round.

habsfans333* is offline  
Old
08-14-2009, 03:01 AM
  #259
JohnHodgson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfans333 View Post
The point is, David Perron didn't fall in his draft year. He was older than anyone...

Second, he only had 1 year in the LHJMQ... In his 1st year of eligibility no LHJMQ team took him. He was relayed to a lower junior hockey league called Junior AAA. I saw plenty of those game in 2005-06 and he was good but nothing that much impressive.

So after only 1 year against good competition, drafted in the 1st round was pretty high for Perron. He wasn't projected to be any higher than low 1st round.
My bad than.

JohnHodgson is offline  
Old
08-14-2009, 04:00 AM
  #260
TheNudge
Registered User
 
TheNudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,997
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Petrov View Post
More like:

Leblanc = Eric Chouinard
Schroeder = Rico Fata
This is he dumbest comparison I ever seen.

Like cmon. Schroeder= Rico Fata


I would more agree with Schroeder the next Parise


I would pick Schroeder at any where in the teen over Leblanc.

I ve even took Schroeder ahead of Schenn.

I feel that Schroeder have star quality when Leblanc as top 6 Quality.

So it s not the same. Schroeder might even become the best American to play the game. So Leblanc never had a chance.

TheNudge is offline  
Old
08-14-2009, 04:42 AM
  #261
Scouter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,709
vCash: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfans333 View Post
The point is, David Perron didn't fall in his draft year. He was older than anyone...

Second, he only had 1 year in the LHJMQ... In his 1st year of eligibility no LHJMQ team took him. He was relayed to a lower junior hockey league called Junior AAA. I saw plenty of those game in 2005-06 and he was good but nothing that much impressive.

So after only 1 year against good competition, drafted in the 1st round was pretty high for Perron. He wasn't projected to be any higher than low 1st round.
He was projected to go top 15 because he had an excellent season in the Q.

Scouter is offline  
Old
08-14-2009, 06:54 AM
  #262
Darjeeling
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 132
vCash: 500
Louis Leblanc = Éric Chouinard??? Lol!!!
I wonder how such a comparison come to mind. They are totally different players and Leblanc has a heart of a lion.

Darjeeling is offline  
Old
08-14-2009, 07:16 AM
  #263
johnnyboo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Za Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepublichairs View Post
Schroeder by a mile.
Leblanc by infinity

johnnyboo is offline  
Old
08-14-2009, 07:20 AM
  #264
bobermay
Registered User
 
bobermay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Peterborough
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedro91 View Post
This is he dumbest comparison I ever seen.

Like cmon. Schroeder= Rico Fata


I would more agree with Schroeder the next Parise


I would pick Schroeder at any where in the teen over Leblanc.

I ve even took Schroeder ahead of Schenn.

I feel that Schroeder have star quality when Leblanc as top 6 Quality.

So it s not the same. Schroeder might even become the best American to play the game. So Leblanc never had a chance.

Wow. Schroeder comparisons with Parise don't make much sense to me since the short Parise still has 3 inches on Schroeder.

Clearly Canucks fans (Except for a few) don't wan't to admit that Schroeder has more of a chance to Bust than Boom. I actually wouldn't be suprised if he regresses next season.

Does he have Tallent? Yes. Has he dominated the NCAA? Yes. Will he dominate in the NHL? Not likely

Why you ask? Well there are numerous of reasons that I've already posted that you're just ignoring. And another factor is that Schroeder will be playing against Bigger (A LOT bigger), Stronger, faster, more skilled competition.
Schroeder fans are claiming that he's playing against MEN. But must of those men arn't even 6'00.

bobermay is offline  
Old
08-14-2009, 07:54 AM
  #265
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaler2 View Post
He was projected to go top 15 because he had an excellent season in the Q.
You should do the average of many scouting agency because I'm pretty sure he was anywhere from 10 to 30...he never was a consensus top 15 pick like Schroeder was.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline  
Old
08-14-2009, 09:38 AM
  #266
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 57,278
vCash: 500
Awards:
And we're done here.

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.