HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Leblanc or Schroeder?

Closed Thread

Old
08-13-2009, 11:49 PM
JohnHodgson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobermay View Post
How is it a good thing?

I DIDN'T say he won't have room to develop. I said he wont have AS MUCH room to develop. I playing that is built like Schroeder will generally have a better shot, speed and skills like that. They would also have a better ballance, and center of gravity so it would be hard to knock them off the puck.

Many 17/18 year olds play who aren't filled out. Their center of gravity may not be the best, their shot may be weak, they may be too slow. But as they fill out, these king of areas would improve.

Hence Schroeder not having AS MUCH room to develop
So if you're built better physically you're going to have a better shot, speed and skills? I'll give you the edge on balance, but that's it. If he's better built he has more balance hense he doesn't get knocked off the puck as much. Other than he can still develop a lot.

Old
08-13-2009, 11:54 PM
JohnHodgson

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastal_nuck View Post
I know this is a hockey forum and what we do here is speculate but that's exactly what you are doing. As guilty as some Schroeder fans are of not being able to listen to logic, you keep arguing that Schroeder is already filled out and that he won't grow any more, that he will remain stagnant. This is also pure speculation by yourself and you have nothing to back it up. Sure he's 5'8" right now, but he may still grow a few inches. Do you know Schroeder's body? I doubt Schroeder himself knows. But if you are sure then that's saying something
Their you go bobermay. It's all speculation. Him being more physical mature than most prospects IS a good thing by the way.

Old
08-13-2009, 11:56 PM
JeromeHP
HFBoards Sponsor

perron fell? some ranking didnt had him in their top30, and was never talk about as a top5 or top10 pick like schroeder was in his draft year or the year before

dont think schroeder fell only because of his size

Old
08-14-2009, 12:16 AM
Genghis Keon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaler2 View Post
And the reasoning that you use is to come up with a sea of inanity?
If that's how you want to see it, sure.

You put forth what I thought was a ridiculous argument (no offense). bobermay laughed, but I wanted you to expand on your claim. I asked the questions I did because those are the questions I couldn't answer and have the argument still hold up when I was trying to see things from your perspective. It's your argument, so I wanted to see if you could answer the questions or if the argument would fall apart for you too. If you don't want to answer or can't answer, whatever, you don't have to do anything you don't want to do.

Old
08-14-2009, 12:19 AM
Scouter

vCash: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghis Keon View Post
If that's how you want to see it, sure.

You put forth what I thought was a ridiculous argument (no offense). bobermay laughed, but I wanted you to expand on your claim. I asked the questions I did because those are the questions I couldn't answer and have the argument still hold up when I was trying to see things from your perspective. It's your argument, so I wanted to see if you could answer the questions or if the argument would fall apart for you too. If you don't want to answer or can't answer, whatever, you don't have to do anything you don't want to do.
Ok I will answer at least one question even if I find them ridiculous.

Old
08-14-2009, 12:33 AM
Scouter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghis Keon View Post
A few general questions:

Do you think NHL teams base their draft rankings on the various scouting services and then focus only on players likely to fall within their expected range?

Well everyone knows that each NHL team has it's own scouting ratings, however there is also consensus on some players as to where they will approximately go in the draft, or some teams are just bad at scouting and drafting, and that's why good players fall.

Old
08-14-2009, 12:37 AM
JohnHodgson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
perron fell? some ranking didnt had him in their top30, and was never talk about as a top5 or top10 pick like schroeder was in his draft year or the year before

dont think schroeder fell only because of his size
http://cdn.nhl.com/futures/cssrankin...katers_num.pdf

Old
08-14-2009, 02:35 AM
habsfans333*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHodgson View Post
The point is, David Perron didn't fall in his draft year. He was older than anyone...

Second, he only had 1 year in the LHJMQ... In his 1st year of eligibility no LHJMQ team took him. He was relayed to a lower junior hockey league called Junior AAA. I saw plenty of those game in 2005-06 and he was good but nothing that much impressive.

So after only 1 year against good competition, drafted in the 1st round was pretty high for Perron. He wasn't projected to be any higher than low 1st round.

Old
08-14-2009, 03:01 AM
JohnHodgson

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfans333 View Post
The point is, David Perron didn't fall in his draft year. He was older than anyone...

Second, he only had 1 year in the LHJMQ... In his 1st year of eligibility no LHJMQ team took him. He was relayed to a lower junior hockey league called Junior AAA. I saw plenty of those game in 2005-06 and he was good but nothing that much impressive.

So after only 1 year against good competition, drafted in the 1st round was pretty high for Perron. He wasn't projected to be any higher than low 1st round.
My bad than.

Old
08-14-2009, 04:00 AM
TheNudge

Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Petrov View Post
More like:

Leblanc = Eric Chouinard
Schroeder = Rico Fata
This is he dumbest comparison I ever seen.

Like cmon. Schroeder= Rico Fata

I would more agree with Schroeder the next Parise

I would pick Schroeder at any where in the teen over Leblanc.

I ve even took Schroeder ahead of Schenn.

I feel that Schroeder have star quality when Leblanc as top 6 Quality.

So it s not the same. Schroeder might even become the best American to play the game. So Leblanc never had a chance.

Old
08-14-2009, 04:42 AM
Scouter

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfans333 View Post

He was projected to go top 15 because he had an excellent season in the Q.

Old
08-14-2009, 06:54 AM
Darjeeling

Louis Leblanc = Éric Chouinard??? Lol!!!
I wonder how such a comparison come to mind. They are totally different players and Leblanc has a heart of a lion.

Old
08-14-2009, 07:16 AM
johnnyboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepublichairs View Post
Schroeder by a mile.
Leblanc by infinity

Old
08-14-2009, 07:20 AM
bobermay

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedro91 View Post
This is he dumbest comparison I ever seen.

Like cmon. Schroeder= Rico Fata

I would more agree with Schroeder the next Parise

I would pick Schroeder at any where in the teen over Leblanc.

I ve even took Schroeder ahead of Schenn.

I feel that Schroeder have star quality when Leblanc as top 6 Quality.

So it s not the same. Schroeder might even become the best American to play the game. So Leblanc never had a chance.

Wow. Schroeder comparisons with Parise don't make much sense to me since the short Parise still has 3 inches on Schroeder.

Clearly Canucks fans (Except for a few) don't wan't to admit that Schroeder has more of a chance to Bust than Boom. I actually wouldn't be suprised if he regresses next season.

Does he have Tallent? Yes. Has he dominated the NCAA? Yes. Will he dominate in the NHL? Not likely

Why you ask? Well there are numerous of reasons that I've already posted that you're just ignoring. And another factor is that Schroeder will be playing against Bigger (A LOT bigger), Stronger, faster, more skilled competition.
Schroeder fans are claiming that he's playing against MEN. But must of those men arn't even 6'00.

Old
08-14-2009, 07:54 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaler2 View Post
He was projected to go top 15 because he had an excellent season in the Q.
You should do the average of many scouting agency because I'm pretty sure he was anywhere from 10 to 30...he never was a consensus top 15 pick like Schroeder was.

Old
08-14-2009, 09:38 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
And we're done here.