HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Danny Kristo article on NHL.COM

Closed Thread

Old
08-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLHabsAK46 View Post
44 points and 16 goals as a 20-year old AHL rookie is extremely impressive. Not to mention the All-Star title.

That guy is going to be a stud. Maybe not a top 3 type of guy, but a solid top 4 offensive defenseman with PPQB ability is what I'd call a top end prospect.
I saw him play with Hamilton when they came to the Bell Center last season and he scored twice. I agree that he looked really impressive in the AHL and I agree that he is a potential top end guy. But there is a loooooong way to go before he's a top pairing defenseman in the NHL.

Old
08-14-2009, 12:24 PM
SpreeEndaz

It's funny how people say that Timmins keeps stealing players but still, no real established players were developed in 5-7 years.

Old
08-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I saw him play with Hamilton when they came to the Bell Center last season and he scored twice. I agree that he looked really impressive in the AHL and I agree that he is a potential top end guy. But there is a loooooong way to go before he's a top pairing defenseman in the NHL.
So then who are you to say the complete opposite? That timmins hasn't drafted any top end talent?

Old
The Nightman

Quote:
sigh. If that's what you call top end I rest my case.

I guess I have a different definition of what top end guys are.
what are you expecting an ovechkin or Crosby type player in the 3rd round? getting players that affect your line up in the lower rounds of the draft is not very easy
and the players he got have plenty potential... we will just have to wait and see

Old
BadKiwi

Quote:
sigh. If that's what you call top end I rest my case.

I guess I have a different definition of what top end guys are.
How the **** can't you consider Streit a top end talent? Because he's not a habs anymore. Halak is a top end backup, like it or not.

Old
08-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedawg View Post
So then who are you to say the complete opposite? That timmins hasn't drafted any top end talent?
I will repeat again.

The OP implied Timmins regularly steals top end GUYS (not talent, not potential and blah blah) PLAYERS, in late rounds.

Other than potential, Mark Streit and a backup goalie there really isn't any proof of any magical late round picks by Timmins.

All I'm saying.

What's funny is that Timmins is hailed as a hero on HF boards and as soon as you question him even the slightest you are out of line. That's rediculous and very homer. Truth is Timmins did a good job, missed some, got some. Nothing more imho.

Old
08-14-2009, 12:34 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Top End Guys doesn't mean NHL superstars... it means Top End Prospects

Old
08-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Trexim

vCash: 594
Quote:
I will repeat again.

The OP implied Timmins regularly steals top end GUYS (not talent, not potential and blah blah) PLAYERS, in late rounds.

Other than potential, Mark Streit and a backup goalie there really isn't any proof of any magical late round picks by Timmins.

All I'm saying.

What's funny is that Timmins is hailed as a hero on HF boards and as soon as you question him even the slightest you are out of line. That's rediculous and very homer. Truth is Timmins did a good job, missed some, got some. Nothing more imho.
He said top-end guy .... top-end prospect? now, happy?

Old
08-14-2009, 12:38 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
2014 Top line?

Pacioretty - LeBlanc - Kristo
Latendresse - Maxwell - Kostitsyn

Pacioretty-LeBlanc-Kristo
Subban-Weber
Price

Obviously we will have signed FA etc etc so it won't end up like that though

Old
08-14-2009, 12:38 PM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
2014 Top line?

Pacioretty - LeBlanc - Kristo
Latendresse - Maxwell - Kostitsyn
At the end of the SC finals, I JIZZED IN MY PANTS OHHHH OWWW!

I jizzed right in my pants everytime i watch the habbies!

lol that looks like a really good line up for just our prospects lol + lats and kost

plus potential sleepers in nattinen, trunev, avtsin, engvist, johnsson etc.

our top 4 could look like

pk - web/carle
macb - fisher/pateryn

also dags, skost, etc have shown promise

qualier could be an excellent third liner

plus lotta people write off brock trotter!

so many prospects i love our pool

Old
08-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyEndaz View Post
It's funny how people say that Timmins keeps stealing players but still, no real established players were developed in 5-7 years.
By that you mean roster players? Cuz he's drafted a solid bunch of em.

Old
08-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Top End Guys doesn't mean NHL superstars... it means Top End Prospects
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexim View Post
He said top-end guy .... top-end prospect? now, happy?
Thanks for clearing up that top end guys actually means top end potential for me. I didn't realize I had to interpretate codes there.

Old
08-14-2009, 12:42 PM
bhuya71

Quote:
I will repeat again.

All I'm saying.

ok i am pretty sure many people's definition of top-end prospect is will most likely make nhl in the form of a top-6 forward, top 4 defensemen or a consistent goalie with starting potential

then we go on to blue-chip which is guaranteed to make those by consensus from scouts

then we go top 5 pick

then we go on to superstar then we go generational lol you really are a sensitive one aren't cha?

Old
08-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
ok i am pretty sure many people's definition of top-end prospect is will most likely make nhl in the form of a top-6 forward, top 4 defensemen or a consistent goalie with starting potential

then we go on to blue-chip which is guaranteed to make those by consensus from scouts

then we go top 5 pick

then we go on to superstar then we go generational lol you really are a sensitive one aren't cha?
I'm not sensitive at all.

I just wanted clarification on the meaning of top end guys and I did get that. He hasn't drafted any top end established NHL players in late rounds yet. That's all I'm saying.

I agree that he has drafted top end prospects though.

Tis all. Carry on.

Old
08-14-2009, 12:50 PM
BadKiwi

Quote:

I just wanted clarification on the meaning of top end guys and I did get that. He hasn't drafted any top end established NHL players yet. That's all I'm saying.

I agree that he has drafter top end prospects.

Tis all. Carry on.
Again Streit, Halak, Latendresse, Lapierre. Also Sergei Kostitsyn and Matt D'agostini are pretty close to top end. Unless I'm mistaken top end is better then half. Well, in their respective age groups and position, I'm pretty sure they are all top end.

Old
08-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKiwi View Post
Again Streit, Halak, Latendresse, Lapierre. Also Sergei Kostitsyn and Matt D'agostini are pretty close to top end. Unless I'm mistaken top end is better then half. Well, in their respective age groups and position, I'm pretty sure they are all top end.
We are arguing semantics. My definition of top end differs from yours. He's drafted guys who can play in the NHL on a regular basis for sure.

Old
08-14-2009, 12:53 PM
BadKiwi

Quote:
We are arguing semantics. My definition of top end differs from yours. He's drafted guys who can play in the NHL on a regular basis for sure.
But arguing semantics is fun. Can we agree that Trevor Timmins is a top end head scout?

Old
08-14-2009, 12:54 PM
bhuya71

Quote:

I just wanted clarification on the meaning of top end guys and I did get that. He hasn't drafted any top end established NHL players yet. That's all I'm saying.

I agree that he has drafter top end prospects.

Tis all. Carry on.
well you gotta look at it this way:

komi: considered a top-2 dman (according to pairings) and one of the best stay at homes

price: was lights out first season however regressed in second so a little bit of judgement reserved but still considering first season's merits

akost: considered top line talent and has shown with points and talent however inconsistency, kurt sauer hit and media has really caused issues

streit: easily a top dman or second dman on a strong team

plekanec: put up first line points two seasons ago

halak: has shown and proven that he can be a number 1 goalie

chris higgins: though he misses plenty of opportunities he was still technically on our first line and did score 27 goals so thats open to your interpretation

whatever i just realized this is all open to our interpretation of things hahah its pointless when we have different definitions of top end in the first place!

Old
08-14-2009, 12:56 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
Montreal (Dan) ,im wondering if you know what type of role kristo will have at north dakota?
No, I've heard he could be on the 3rd line but I would wait until the captains practices get under way next month.

Old
BadKiwi

Quote:

komi: considered a top-2 dman (according to pairings) and one of the best stay at homes

price: was lights out first season however regressed in second so a little bit of judgement reserved but still considering first season's merits

akost: considered top line talent and has shown with points and talent however inconsistency, kurt sauer hit and media has really caused issues

chris higgins: though he misses plenty of opportunities he was still technically on our first line and did score 27 goals so thats open to your interpretation

whatever i just realized this is all open to our interpretation of things hahah its pointless when we have different definitions of top end in the first place!
We are arguing latter rounds Timmins picks... In your list, I believe, only Halak and Streit are ok.

Old
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKiwi View Post
But arguing semantics is fun. Can we agree that Trevor Timmins is a top end head scout?
It's fun. But it's like one of those rides that go around in circles and make you dizzy. They don't go anywhere.

Yeah we can agree to that sure.

Old
08-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Jigger77

Quote:

Indeed.
Also I was talking about second round picks and beyond. Price, Akost, Komi and Higgins are first round picks if I'm not mistaken.

Old
08-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Trexim

vCash: 594
Quote:
Thanks for clearing up that top end guys actually means top end potential for me. I didn't realize I had to interpretate codes there.
Which codes? guy means player or guy means prospect? You already did that didn't you?

Old
08-14-2009, 01:00 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

Good read, the coach is hinting Kristo could be the captain, another medium to high end prospect, who is a medium to late round pick, yay Timmins!

Old
08-14-2009, 01:00 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyEndaz View Post
No kidding, we haven't developed any real established players in the last 5-7, except one or two, Ribeiro, Ryder, Hainsey, Komisarek, Plekanec, Higgins, Halak, A.Kostitsyn, Lapierre, Price, Latendresse, D'Agostini and soon to be Pacioretty, Subban, Weber, S.Kosy, O'B, Stewart, etc...

I didn't count Markov,Streit and Grabovski since they were older when they came over.

Closed Thread