HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Francis Bouillon

Old
08-15-2009, 09:49 AM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Nicknames in English for Francis include "Cube" or "Soupy" (as a reference to bouillon cubes), "Frank the Tank", and "Franky B". In French, people call him "le petit guerrier" which means "the little warrior", due to his physical intensity and his small stature

~Wlkipedia

TravisUlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 09:54 AM
gopens66

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpenguins6630 View Post
He was claimed by Nashville in the waiver draft... not via trade...
I don't mean to nitpick, but, he never really says he was traded for, just "acquired."

We acquired Craig Adams near the trade deadline in the same fashion.

gopens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 11:32 AM
moonknight31

id love to sign bouillon he always seems to be hitting ppl and making things happen

moonknight31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
But Bouillon can play bigger than both of them.
He's still a liability in front of the net and in the corners against bigger forwards.

Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 12:41 PM
KGpens

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopens66 View Post
I don't mean to nitpick, but, he never really says he was traded for, just "acquired."

We acquired Craig Adams near the trade deadline in the same fashion.
Not to nit pick myself, but the OP said he acquired him at the trade deadline, the second post was correct in that Nashville acquired Bouillon in the waiver draft (October)...

KGpens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Dan Barr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
He's still a liability in front of the net and in the corners against bigger forwards.
I agree with you about Boucher. Whereas Bouillon could only fill in for our defensive D-men in a pinch, Boucher could do that fill in as a puck-mover. He's big and strong and decently physical.

Dan Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

I could take it or leave it. We won't be a significantly different team whether it's Bouillon or Boucher. As for Lovejoy, [he's close enough that I wouldn't have a problem with him in there either, as long as other key D weren't hurt.] He's not that far from being an effective #7 guy.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 01:09 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Same can be said with Boucher.

Boucher:
+ Can join the rush well (Bylsma's system) Can play the pt as a right hander on the second power play along side Gogo.
- Liability in the defensive zone. Not strong enough and easily gets pushed off the puck.

Bouillon:
+ Gritty player who isn't afraid to mix it up. Adds a little bit of a physical presence to the blue line.
- (as you said) Liability in the corners/in front of the net against forwards w/ size and power. Probably isn't as good as Boucher w/ jumping up on the play.

I don't think it really matters which guy comes in as our 7th. Whoever is cheaper gets the contract in my opinion.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Same can be said with Boucher.
I don't agree with that. Boucher has the size and reach to handle guys in front of the net and in the corners reasonably well. Boucher is simply a much better player than Bouillon. The devil you know..

Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 01:48 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
I don't agree with that. Boucher has the size and reach to handle guys in front of the net and in the corners reasonably well. Boucher is simply a much better player than Bouillon. The devil you know..
I won't argue too much here because I thought Boucher fit in quite well when he filled in during the playoffs. He is a pretty good 7th dman and you can see his weakness once he gets in the 6 man rotation full time. That is going to happen with any 7th d-man. I think most people here just want to see Bouillon because it's a new name rather than keep someone we know we can count on if all else fails.

To be honest.. I'm with Zip here and think it just doesn't matter. I would actually just like to see Lovejoy get that spot and excel his game. I liked how he worked in the few minutes he had here in the bigs. He looked very comfortable in the defensive zone and I'd rather have more defensive d-men on the roster as a 7th man w/ dressing Gonch, Letang, and Gogliovorskie each night.

I actually think we'll be looking for a stay-at-home d-man come the trade deadline. Scuds will definitely be missed this year. Also, we better hope Orpik, McKee, and Eaton stay healthy this year or we could be really weak in the defensive zone. The way we transition quickly to offense from our breakout (especially when we send a winger to stretch the opposing defense), it's important to win our individual battles in the d-zone.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 07:33 PM
clefty
What a nice fella

http://translate.google.com/translat...istory_state0=

I would think Boucher is (or was, this is from six days ago) their preference.

Also, internet translations have come a long way.

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 07:40 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
http://translate.google.com/translat...istory_state0=

I would think Boucher is (or was, this is from six days ago) their preference.

Also, internet translations have come a long way.
Kind of figured. Word is him and Letang have a pretty strong bond. Bringing him back would give us a veteran 7th defenseman who can still play the game at a pretty good level.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Gooch

I'd be happy with either of them. I like balance of veteran leadership, right handed shot, physicality that Boucher brought and I like the grit that The Cube could bring.

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Jag68Sid87

The way I see it, the guy replacing Gill is Goligoski, who is more like Boucher. So, adding Bouillon makes sense, as he can be a decent PKer for us--Gill's main strength.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 11:31 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
Even though Boucher has the size and reach to handle guys in front of the net and in the corners, I don't recall him actually doing it with any kind of regularity when he suited up last year.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote