HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Heatley and Thornton?

Old
08-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Esoteric Ubiquity*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
My guess is Heatley ends up playing with Thorton in SJ, and the following trade between Ott-Chi-SJ is how it happens:

<Trade 1>
To Ottawa: B. Campbell ($7.1x7), P. Sharp ($3.9x3) = $11.0M
To Chicago: D. Heatley ($7.5.x), F. Kuba ($3.7x3) = $11.2M
<Trade 2>
To San Jose: D. Heatley ($7.5x5), C. Huet ($5.6x3) = $13.1M
To Chicago: P. Marleau ($6.3x1), E. Nabokov ($5.3x1), B. Lukowich ($1.5x1) = $13.1M

Ottawa gets rid of DH (but doesn't get out of a "bad" long term contract because they get Campbell's). They pick up a top-6 sniper and a good offensive defenseman - essentially what they gave up. They gained $0.2M in cap space.

San Jose gets DH to play with Jumbo. They shake things up even more by trading goalies and giving up a bottom 6 d-man. They break even in cap space.

Chicago gets rid of two long term high contracts and acquires 4 players that can help them win this year - a top-6 forward, an offensive d-man, a starting goalie and a bottom-6 d-man, with three of them having expiring contracts, which helps with signing the big three next year. Chicago takes on $0.2M additional cap this year.

Priceless Chitown, keep it up.

Esoteric Ubiquity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 10:30 PM
ToursLepantoVienna

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
Chances of Heatley ever getting traded to SJ without Michalek AND Vlasic like is it reported is slim to none, and slim just changed to none as Bryan Murray has cut off any further nogotiations for Heatley as of Friday letting teams know where he stands. I don't even think Murray would accept a middle ground of Ehrhoff instead of Vlasic.
If Murray is actually insisting on Michalek plus one of Vlasic or Ehrhoff, I sincerely hope Doug Wilson declines.

Murray has cut off further negotiations? Baloney.

ToursLepantoVienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2009, 12:54 AM
Eulogy923

Heatly. Does anyone want an autographed DH Thrashers jersey? I'll sell it. Who's going to offer me 500 US dollars?

No one?

Does any NHL team really want to ingest poison? Great player. I know. If I'm a GM, I want to see him show up in the playoffs.. when it matters... not when it's 3-1 and he pots 2 *****. Shut your mouth. Love the game. Prove you're a winner.

Eulogy923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2009, 08:50 AM
dumpnchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
My guess is Heatley ends up playing with Thorton in SJ, and the following trade between Ott-Chi-SJ is how it happens:

<Trade 1>
To Ottawa: B. Campbell ($7.1x7), P. Sharp ($3.9x3) = $11.0M
To Chicago: D. Heatley ($7.5.x), F. Kuba ($3.7x3) = $11.2M
<Trade 2>
To San Jose: D. Heatley ($7.5x5), C. Huet ($5.6x3) = $13.1M
To Chicago: P. Marleau ($6.3x1), E. Nabokov ($5.3x1), B. Lukowich ($1.5x1) = $13.1M

Ottawa gets rid of DH (but doesn't get out of a "bad" long term contract because they get Campbell's). They pick up a top-6 sniper and a good offensive defenseman - essentially what they gave up. They gained $0.2M in cap space.

San Jose gets DH to play with Jumbo. They shake things up even more by trading goalies and giving up a bottom 6 d-man. They break even in cap space.

Chicago gets rid of two long term high contracts and acquires 4 players that can help them win this year - a top-6 forward, an offensive d-man, a starting goalie and a bottom-6 d-man, with three of them having expiring contracts, which helps with signing the big three next year. Chicago takes on $0.2M additional cap this year.
IF Marleau was going to waive his NTC and IF DW was ready to trade Marleau we could just swap Marleau for Heatley. Why would SJ want a overpaid Huet signed for 3 years?

Counter crappy trade: How about you trade us Kane and Toews for Cheechoo and Clowe?

dumpnchase is offline   Reply With Quote