HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs ink D'Agostini

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-15-2009, 09:16 PM
  #76
RushDP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenYoung View Post
This pleases me, this the day of my birthday.
Happy birthday buddy

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 09:25 PM
  #77
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
The real battle is between Latendresse and Kostitsyn. Unless he improved immensely during the summer, Pacioretty is nowhere close to those two offensively.
How is Pacioretty no where close, he had 11 points in 34 games in his rookie year, had he played a full season he would have had 26 points. Latendresse had 29 points in his rookie year Sergei had 27 in his, but in 52 games.

As it stands right now, Sergei is the best player of the 3 offensivly.

I think everyone should relax a bit and stop saying such outlandish comments without thinking.

Latendresse is 0.39 ppg in his career
Sergei is 0.47 ppg in his career
Pacioretty had 0.33 PPG last year

I wouldn't exactly call it no where near.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 10:59 PM
  #78
Montreal Typical
Registered User
 
Montreal Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Moreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Latendresse is 0.39 ppg in his career
Sergei is 0.47 ppg in his career
Pacioretty had 0.33 PPG last year

I wouldn't exactly call it no where near.
He's not close to how good Latendresse is now. I don't give a damn about his career ppg, it's not a reflection of how good he is now.

As for S. Kostitsyn, I'll admit I was mistaken. Rather, I should've phrased it differently. He's nowhere near as good as Kostitsyn has already shown he can be. But Kostitsyn has a bad attitude and was terrible last year.

To be honest, I think what happens will depend on Kostitsyn. If Kostitsyn decides to actually play hard, he should easily outplay Latendresse and Pacioretty (he's a lot more talented than those two) and should crack the top 6. Latendresse would keep his third line spot and Pacioretty would start the year in the AHL.

If he doesn't change his attitude, I think he'll end up playing a role similar to 2003-04 Spezza (4th line, 2nd powerplay unit) and Pacioretty will be the one playing on the third line.

Of course, Pacioretty could have improved enough over the summer to grab that top 6 spot, but it's not likely. He was barely on pace for 7 goals last year and scored his 3 goals in his first 9 games. He went 25 games without scoring a single goal and simply not generating a whole lot of offense or anything really.

Montreal Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2009, 11:30 PM
  #79
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
Of course, Pacioretty could have improved enough over the summer to grab that top 6 spot, but it's not likely. He was barely on pace for 7 goals last year and scored his 3 goals in his first 9 games. He went 25 games without scoring a single goal and simply not generating a whole lot of offense or anything really.
The main reason why that happened was that Pac was playing on the 4th line.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2009, 08:35 AM
  #80
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,270
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Pacioretty will be better this season because he's italian like everyone else on the team.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2009, 10:40 AM
  #81
Montreal Typical
Registered User
 
Montreal Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Moreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
The main reason why that happened was that Pac was playing on the 4th line.
He played a bunch of games in the top 6, but he just wasn't good enough.

There's no need to rush him. He'll likely end up being a very good second liner, maybe a first liner, but he's not quite there yet.

Montreal Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2009, 10:54 AM
  #82
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Country: United States
Posts: 7,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
Of course, Pacioretty could have improved enough over the summer to grab that top 6 spot, but it's not likely. He was barely on pace for 7 goals last year and scored his 3 goals in his first 9 games. He went 25 games without scoring a single goal and simply not generating a whole lot of offense or anything really.
This is the most important thing.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2009, 04:47 PM
  #83
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brrr -18, Gomez Cold
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
He's not close to how good Latendresse is now. I don't give a damn about his career ppg, it's not a reflection of how good he is now.

As for S. Kostitsyn, I'll admit I was mistaken. Rather, I should've phrased it differently. He's nowhere near as good as Kostitsyn has already shown he can be. But Kostitsyn has a bad attitude and was terrible last year.

To be honest, I think what happens will depend on Kostitsyn. If Kostitsyn decides to actually play hard, he should easily outplay Latendresse and Pacioretty (he's a lot more talented than those two) and should crack the top 6. Latendresse would keep his third line spot and Pacioretty would start the year in the AHL.

If he doesn't change his attitude, I think he'll end up playing a role similar to 2003-04 Spezza (4th line, 2nd powerplay unit) and Pacioretty will be the one playing on the third line.

Of course, Pacioretty could have improved enough over the summer to grab that top 6 spot, but it's not likely. He was barely on pace for 7 goals last year and scored his 3 goals in his first 9 games. He went 25 games without scoring a single goal and simply not generating a whole lot of offense or anything really.
I like Latendresse but he hasn't shown that much improvement offensively in his first 3 years in the NHL. His overall game especially the defensive side has improved substantially but offensively its somewhat stagnant. There is nothing in his offensive game that he really does any better than what he broke in as.

What Lats has over Pacioretty is Pro experience in which in my opinion gives him the edge however 3 years at around 25 points to 2 years of similar to production of Skosts, to 1 pro rated season of Pacioretty doesn't give him much leeway.

Its going to be the guy that gels with his linemates and its going to be a training camp battle. Is Lats ahead, yes but offensively his game isn't far ahead. If it actually was, he would be lining up with the top 6 not fighting for it.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2009, 05:46 PM
  #84
Coach Brisebois*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
I like Latendresse but he hasn't shown that much improvement offensively in his first 3 years in the NHL. His overall game especially the defensive side has improved substantially but offensively its somewhat stagnant. There is nothing in his offensive game that he really does any better than what he broke in as.
I can't wait to see what Lats does this year. So far every season has started with him showing drastic improvement in some part of his game (granted that's only 2 season, I'm not counting his rookie year).

Coach Brisebois* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2009, 05:49 PM
  #85
Habsbullet
Registered User
 
Habsbullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Montreal, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
any news of his cap hit? I hope its less than 1m

Habsbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2009, 05:50 PM
  #86
Mue
Registered User
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsbullet View Post
any news of his cap hit? I hope its less than 1m
500K

Two-way deal.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2009, 07:21 PM
  #87
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brrr -18, Gomez Cold
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Brisebois View Post
I can't wait to see what Lats does this year. So far every season has started with him showing drastic improvement in some part of his game (granted that's only 2 season, I'm not counting his rookie year).
It should be interesting and he is definitely improving. I think he could stand to spend more time in front of the net though. Thats one part of his game I think that could pay immediate dividends. With his size and hands he would be effective in close. Once he starts to initiate more, I think the offensive side could take off.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.