HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

SJS and NSH goalie exchange

Old
08-17-2009, 01:33 AM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I feel that Nabakov is more of a prize than Hamhuis and Rinne together. That's why I'm saying you would have to give a real future player to get a known and proven player. Just like the trade with Lupul and Sbisa to get Pronger. Sbisa has been an awesome prospect as a d-man. Offensive, aggressive edge, and has everything to prove, which was the big plus for the Ducks in the trade.
As a Sharks fan I disagree. Rinne + 2nd or 3rd is more than acceptable to me.

Aside from that, no way we're trading Vlasic for two UFAs next year. I think the Sharks would rather make Marleau take a massive pay cut to get under the cap than give away Vlasic like that.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 06:40 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
Lets look into our Crystal Ball for some perspective -
Dec 31, 2009: Rinne is having an excellent year with a SV% above .925 on a mediocre team.
Jan 1, 2010: A Finnish paper comes to town to do a feature on Rinne. He is asked if he would ever consider coming back to Finland. Rinne replies, "perhaps later in my career, but right now I enjoy playing in the NHL." The reporter asks, "so you'll be here in Nashville for a long time." Rinne replies, "Nashville or somewhere in the NHL...we'll see."
April 30, 2010: Rinne concludes another terrific season with the Preds, despite the team finishing out of the playoffs again. Poille is quoted as saying, "Re-signing Rinne is still a priority for us."
July 1, 2010: Rinne signs a $5.5MM per, 3 year deal with the St Louis Blues. The Preds ironically sign Chris Mason to a $1.5MM, one year deal and anxiously await the emmergence of Dekanich and Pickard. Nashville also lost UFA Hamhuis, who finally got the big pay day he's been seeking his enitre career. He signed with hometown team Vancouver for $4MM per.

From that perspective, this proposal's value starts to feel a whole lot different. I presume you won't be laughing if things play out this way -- am I right?
I wouldn't be shocked but let me finish that for you.

"Nashville names Chet Pickard as the starter for the next season. The young goalie put up fantastic numbers in every league he's had played in and will continue the list of goalies the Predators have developed along with Vokoun, Mason, Ellis and Rinne."

Anyway you slice it, Nashville says no.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote