HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

20th Obsequious Banter Thread: Pronger Physics and Dos Equis

Closed Thread

Old
08-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Opus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Or, except?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Or Except .....
I think Odin doesn't watch the most recent series because he was expecting the Flyers to win. Still to to this day, he can't seem to accept that we lost, thus he just watches the NHL netword except for that very series.

...follow?

Quote:
Oh well man, you and CK have time. Maybe you guys can adopt a child from Asia, thats the hot thing nowadays, right?

Teach 'em hockey and they could be the next Richard Park!
Nah, wouldn't be the same. I'd like my children to have some of my wonderful characteristics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Funny, my response to that question would be "THANK GOD, NO."
Not me, I love children.

Old
08-17-2009, 12:25 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
I think Odin doesn't watch the most recent series because he expecting the Flyers to win. Still to to this day, he can't seem to accept that we lose, thus he just watches the NHL netword except for that very series.

...follow?

Nah, wouldn't be the same. I'd like my children to have some of my wonderful characteristics!

Not me, I love children.
Oh trust me, I do too, just am not willing to have any of my own for the next 6 years or so, especially since my girl's in Baltimore and it'd be near impossible to raise a kid while in long distance.

Old
08-17-2009, 12:25 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Or Except .....

Oh well man, you and CK have time. Maybe you guys can adopt a child from Asia, thats the hot thing nowadays, right?

Teach 'em hockey and they could be the next Richard Park!
Jim Paek gets no respect.

Old
08-17-2009, 12:27 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
I couldnt even watch any of the games from this years Flyers/Pens series. I didnt even watch the games that the Flyers won. Because they pissed me off so much.

Old
08-17-2009, 12:28 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I'm contemplating if I want to go see District 9 this weekend or Inglorious Basterds. Leaning toward I.B.

Old
08-17-2009, 12:28 PM
Opus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
I couldnt even watch any of the games from this years Flyers/Pens series. I didnt even watch the games that the Flyers won. Because they pissed me off so much.
Thankfully, we have our beloved Steelers to fall back on.

Old
08-17-2009, 12:39 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Thankfully, we have our beloved Steelers to fall back on.

The smacktalk with Pats fans has already begun with me.
Some of them think they are already annointed SB Champs with a 19-0 record with Brady back.

Old
08-17-2009, 12:41 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Unfortunately, no.
Opus, it's a good thing right now - you couldn't chase after 'em and there's not much worse than a 3 year old allowed to run wild!

Old
08-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Opus

Quote:
The smacktalk with Pats fans has already begun with me.
Some of them think they are already annointed SB Champs with a 19-0 record with Brady back.
I'm not suprised, not int he least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Opus, it's a good thing right now - you couldn't chase after 'em and there's not much worse than a 3 year old allowed to run wild!
True. However, between my pinning 'em down and roughing them up with my crutches, and hooking 'em with my cane...I think I'd manage.

Old
08-17-2009, 12:54 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Took him 8 days, but Patrick Kane finally apologized:

Quote:
In his first comments since his Aug. 9 arrest following an altercation with a Buffalo cabdriver, Blackhawks winger Patrick Kane apologized for the incident Monday morning.

Kane, 20, addressed the media with a statement prior to the opening of the 2009 Men's Olympic Orientation Camp at Seven Brides Ice Arena in Woodridge.

"I've been very lucky to achieve every kid's dream of playing in the National Hockey League, let alone for a great organization like the Chicago Blackhawks," said Kane, who was accompanied by Hawks general manager Stan Bowman. "Now I also have a chance to play for my country, a dream come true for myself and also my family.

"I know everyone wants to talk about what happened in Buffalo. As you know the legal proceedings are pending and I cannot discuss the details at this time. Because I put myself ... in the wrong position at the wrong time I've caused a lot of pain for my family, my hometown of Buffalo, the city of Chicago, the Chicago Blackhawks and obviously the great fans we have here in Chicago. And for that part I sincerely apologize. Now it's time for me to move forward. I'm excited to get back to the ice and represent the Chicago Blackhawks and the United States Olympic hockey team."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,3795528.story

Old
08-17-2009, 12:55 PM
kicksave27

Comcast is such a ripoff. Thanks to the anti-monopoly laws and the fact i live in berks county i get Service Electric Cable, which is way cheaper. And i find their internet connection more consistent. I like their On demand better as well. Hopefully fios gets enough infrastructure in and will give comcast some competition and reduce prices. Though that didn't work for the other utilities.

Old
08-17-2009, 12:56 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Holy crap why do people keep wasting money?

Quote:
Babies should sleep on their backs, but magazine ads rarely depict them that way: study

Are parenting magazines sending the wrong message? A new study says they may be putting kids’ safety at risk.

A study published in the journal "Pediatrics" on Monday finds that more than one-third of publications targeted toward women ages 20 to 40 show pictures of babies in unsafe sleeping positions, which could be dangerous for new parents.

The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends that caretakers put newborns to sleep on their backs, and to avoid loose bedding, soft sleeping surfaces and bed sharing, which can reduce the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).

But when the "Pediatrics" study examined almost 400 pictures of sleeping babies from 28 women’s magazines, including "Parenting," "Pregnancy" and "Baby Talk," the infants were often portrayed curled up on their sides or sleeping on their bellies in many advertisements.
http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle...that_way_.html

Old
08-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
I don't feel like going back and quoting everything, but I'll be seeing 'District 9' sometime this week. I've heard nothing but good things so I'm pretty excited. And for anyone whose interested in seeing 'The Goods', went to see it last night and it is beyond hilarious and above and beyond one of the most ridiculous movies I've ever seen. I highly recommend it.

In other news, my first day back to work after vacation, and I get news that the lady who never shows up is unofficially done. I thought what would be a very ****** day, has turned into a sort of celebration for me. While I get stuck doing all of her **** now, I'm mostly likely going to get the position which means I'll finally be a Campbell employee instead of a contractor, and it also means $$$ raise. Holla!

Old
08-17-2009, 01:07 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
I'm not suprised, not int he least..
Yep its pretty disgusting, you hear **** like the Steelers wouldnt of won last year if Brady was healthy, blah, blah blah. Some Pat fans around here need to be punched in the face.

Old
08-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Opus

Quote:
Yep its pretty disgusting, you hear **** like the Steelers wouldnt of won last year if Brady was healthy, blah, blah blah. Some Pat fans around here need to be punched in the face.
One of the benefits of following both the Flyers and Steelers from Canada -- I don't have to deal with the annoying rival fanbases. Leaf fans have been pretty quiet the past few years, with good reason.

Old
08-17-2009, 01:21 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
I don't feel like going back and quoting everything, but I'll be seeing 'District 9' sometime this week. I've heard nothing but good things so I'm pretty excited. And for anyone whose interested in seeing 'The Goods', went to see it last night and it is beyond hilarious and above and beyond one of the most ridiculous movies I've ever seen. I highly recommend it.

In other news, my first day back to work after vacation, and I get news that the lady who never shows up is unofficially done. I thought what would be a very ****** day, has turned into a sort of celebration for me. While I get stuck doing all of her **** now, I'm mostly likely going to get the position which means I'll finally be a Campbell employee instead of a contractor, and it also means $$$ raise. Holla!
Congrats!

I think the word I'm looking for here is "karma."

Old
08-17-2009, 01:56 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
After the Giants beat the Pats in the SB, my friend put on his Eli jersey and we just went around Boston giving people the finger.

That was actually an awesome day, a lot of my friends are Giants and Pats fans and so when we watched the SB, we watched in 2 separate rooms, one for the Giants fans and one for the Pats fans seeing as there had been some trashtalking.

So I was watching with the Giants fans (only time in my life I'll root for them) and the Pats fans' TV was like 5 seconds ahead of ours. So on the Manning to Tyree play, we hear all of them start cheering and my Giants fan friends just go "oh ****", then all of a sudden, it goes absolutely silent in that room and a couple seconds later, we see the Tyree catch. Just an awesome, awesome moment, that's when all of us knew the Giants were going to win.

Old
08-17-2009, 02:04 PM
UseYourAllusion

I like the new title Opy. Mostly because of the dumb photo. I vote to keep it.

Old
08-17-2009, 02:06 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Let's hurry and kill this thread off.

Old
08-17-2009, 02:07 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

I agree, I like the new thread title also. I vote to keep

Old
08-17-2009, 02:08 PM
Opus

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
I like the new title Opy. Mostly because of the dumb photo. I vote to keep it.
Compliments to my buddy, Richyrich.

It's a play off his posted suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I agree, I like the new thread title also. I vote to keep
I think it works.

Old
08-17-2009, 02:14 PM
chaosof99*

How about closing this thread and opening the other? It's not like these threads are supposed to be private parties for Mods.

Old
08-17-2009, 02:17 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Tsk. Tsk. Abusing Admin rights.

Old
08-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Opus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
How about closing this thread and opening the other? It's not like these threads are supposed to be private parties for Mods.
Oh c'mon now. Don't be like that.

It's one the few perks for dealing with some of the BS on the boards.

Old
08-17-2009, 02:20 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
You can find some Flyers-Pens on hulu I think. I watched the game I was at where the Flyers won easily about 5 times. (Game 3 I believe)
Whoa whoa whoa! For cereal? I need to check this out right now. Online hockey in quality that isn't ****** youtube format would be amazing.

Closed Thread