HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

2 Maple Leafs Proposals

Old
08-17-2009, 11:29 AM
AkibergFanclub

vCash: 500
Stajan had a career year last year. In 5 seasons with the leafs he has only put up 1 year above 40 pts and only averages about 15 goals a year.

White is a solid D man but realistically on our D he sits 5th (behind Kaberle, Komisarek, Schenn, Beauchemin) We have a log jam of D so why not trade him while his value is high

So far we have very little offense so why not pick up a winger with tons of potential who got 53 points in only his 1st full year in the league

AkibergFanclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 11:37 AM
bobermay

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkibergFanclub View Post
Stajan had a career year last year. In 5 seasons with the leafs he has only put up 1 year above 40 pts and only averages about 15 goals a year.

White is a solid D man but realistically on our D he sits 5th (behind Kaberle, Komisarek, Schenn, Beauchemin) We have a log jam of D so why not trade him while his value is high

So far we have very little offense so why not pick up a winger with tons of potential who got 53 points in only his 1st full year in the league
Your point is?? Stajan is only 25... He played half the season with Stempniak, Devereax, Hamilton, Deveaux.... and still produced at a 40-50 point pace.... In the first 31 games of the season, he had 30 points. Thats almost at a PPG pace!!!

And White is a #4 D on most teams in the leagues, and will likely develop into a #3 guy... that shouldn't lower his value. I would probably do Versteeg for White and maybe a 2nd in 11 straight up.... but not adding in Stajan... no way.

Versteeg is overrated. Playing with Toews, Kane or Sharp or Havlat will obviosly make your stats go up.

bobermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 11:53 AM
AkibergFanclub

Hey if Burke could work his magic and get Versteeg for White straight up or with a pick that would be great but realistically i dont see Chicago moving him for less then that and i think it would be worth it. Although if you wanted to add a 3rd pick with stajan and white I would love to see Eager and versteeg in blue and white

AkibergFanclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 02:02 PM
akiberg8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkibergFanclub View Post
Hey if Burke could work his magic and get Versteeg for White straight up or with a pick that would be great but realistically i dont see Chicago moving him for less then that and i think it would be worth it. Although if you wanted to add a 3rd pick with stajan and white I would love to see Eager and versteeg in blue and white
i like your name. i miss him

akiberg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 03:24 PM
BPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by embracedbias View Post
Why would the Leafs trade Stefanovich for lesser prospects?

Clark, 1st (2010) for Stajan
Gustaffson is a much more promising prospect than anyone in that trade.

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote