HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Top 20 prospects, Fall 2009

Old
08-17-2009, 09:40 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by regulate View Post
Because he showed (albeit a brief stint) that he belongs in the NHL. Smart passes, decent size, decent shot. Potential long term solid 4-6 defensemen in the league, and those don't grow on trees. He is a thousand times better than Harrold on the blue line. Yes, I said a thousand times!

Re Kozun, he doesn't even crack the top 20, yet Loktionov is #8? I guess that's a good problem to have. As 19 year olds this past season, Kozun scored 1.5 points per game, Loktionov scored 1.29 points per game. Kozun is faster and quicker, yes NHL size is a factor for both (more so for Kozun), but neither player is large in stature. Loki is a 5th rounder, Kozun a 6th....is the gap between the potential that big? It has to be his height, but tell that to Marcel Dionne.
Well aside from the obvious one in height, like you mentioned, I think Lokti gets bonus points because he adapted remarkably well to NA hockey. While they both performed very well at a similar age, Loktionov did it without ever having played this brand of hockey before this year. It demonstrates both a dedication and a special kind of hockey sense and adaptability that Kozun may or may not have, but certainly hasn't had the opportunity to showcase.

Then there is also the fact that Kozun will be going back to the WHL and Loktionov will be moving up a level to the AHL. I know Kozun isn't eligible, so that fact alone doesn't give any credence to Kozun being less ready, but its just a black and white thing that Loktionov will be playing at a higher level this fall.

Oh, and also, very much agreed about Drewiske. 1,000 times!

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 09:57 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by regulate View Post
Because he showed (albeit a brief stint) that he belongs in the NHL. Smart passes, decent size, decent shot. Potential long term solid 4-6 defensemen in the league, and those don't grow on trees. He is a thousand times better than Harrold on the blue line. Yes, I said a thousand times!

Re Kozun, he doesn't even crack the top 20, yet Loktionov is #8? I guess that's a good problem to have. As 19 year olds this past season, Kozun scored 1.5 points per game, Loktionov scored 1.29 points per game. Kozun is faster and quicker, yes NHL size is a factor for both (more so for Kozun), but neither player is large in stature. Loki is a 5th rounder, Kozun a 6th....is the gap between the potential that big? It has to be his height, but tell that to Marcel Dionne.
Although, I agree with you about 44DD, I think you're underestimating Harrold. Harrold is a very heady player who can skate and pass. I just think he got overused as a forward where he shouldn't have been in the first place. But if TM thinks enough about Harrold to have him on forward as well as on defense, that should tell you a little something about Harrold's hockey IQ.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote