HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

21st Obsequious Banter Thread: Forsberg comeback? Again?? What a Croc!!!

Closed Thread

Old
08-18-2009, 01:28 PM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Since some of you guys have used this thread as an opportunity to vent on gals at times.....

WHY CAN MEN BE SUCH ****ING MORONS SOMETIMES!!!!
Didja really want an answer to that Jules? I think we all know where the brains are located....

Old
08-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
What did your hubby do this time?
Hubby works 7 days a week. M-F at his normal job, and every weekend doing EMS for a nearby town. He's been at the pt job forever...like 15 yrs, and I know he loves it (I'm the one who got him interested in EMS to begin with.)

BUT, it's annoying having him work 7 days a week. There's stuff to be done around the house (stuff I can't do, and keep in mind I mow the lawn -up until this month), that doesn't get done. Why? Because who wants to do a crap load of work around a house when you just get home from work at 4 pm?? He was supposed to take a week off his regular job, but things have been "too busy" there for him to do so.

SO, a WHILE ago, he agreed to quit the pt job come Sept. Today, he calls me to tell me his last day there is Sept. 27th. Really. Sept. 27th. You've given yourself one whole weekend off before the birth of OUR CHILD to get some stuff done -- of course that's IF I don't go BEFORE my due date.

I pride myself on being an independany, non-nagging wife...but ****'s gonna hit the fan when he gets home.

/rant

Old
08-18-2009, 01:36 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Since some of you guys have used this thread as an opportunity to vent on gals at times.....

Is Hubby being a d-bag or are you getting a fit of raging hormones?

It's ok Jules, we all still think you kick ass.

Old
08-18-2009, 01:37 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:

Don't worry fellas, I'll take this one.

Well ......

We are truly lazy creatures, and in all honesty, girls often expect a lot more then is what we think is reasonable. (OK, girls always expect more then any rational man is willing to give)

Guys rely on logic. Girls use something called "emotions". They are illogical, unpredictable, and very often quite confusing to us. These emotions cause a lot of problems for guys. We don't understand them. We understand beer, sports and boning. Not in that order.

Guys often don't have the desire nor the energy to figure out if a girl is trying to drop "hints" or is just being weird. All subtlety aside, we would love it if a girl was more forward with her needs/desires/wants/dream/likes/dislikes without telling us stories we dont care about involving girls we dont care about unless they are hot. This is completely serious.

If your story involving a guy being a "moron" can't be told without you saying the words "feelings", then it is likely not the guy that is at fault, it is your expectations.

Some guys are morons, but it's the girls responsibility to realize this and avoid them. Guys don't "change" and they honestly have no desire to "change". "Change" is a word dumb girls use to feel good about a guy they realize is a moron, but they convince themselves that things will improve, when they often only go downhill over time.

Guys will lie and tell you what you want to hear just to get what they want. It happens all the time. If you think your guy doesnt do or like certain things (whacking off, strip joints, dirty mags, excessive drinking, ect) he has lied to you because you were up front with your dislikes and he told you what he wanted you to hear. And you believed him. And then he got laid, so the lie has been justified.

Any other questions?

Old
08-18-2009, 01:38 PM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
That's the Steelers kicker.
when you win a world championship you are allowed a free pass on doing stupid things and saying stupid comments.

Old
08-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Hahah...Snipe..you're funny. Sadly, being that I work with 45 men, I have come accustomed to not play the "hint" games or cloud things with "feelings". So, when I told him when I got pregnant that I wanted him to quit his part time job, I think I was pretty clear. When he said that he would make Aug. his last month, I thought HE was pretty clear.

But, based on his actions and what you're telling me, I guess I have to become the ***** and give him a chore list. YOU'D THINK THE FACT THAT WE CAN'T OPEN THE GARAGE DOOR BECAUSE THE SPRING SNAPPED 3 WEEKS AGO might motivate him to fix it without having it being put on a list. LOL

Old
08-18-2009, 01:44 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Hubby works 7 days a week. M-F at his normal job, and every weekend doing EMS for a nearby town. He's been at the pt job forever...like 15 yrs, and I know he loves it (I'm the one who got him interested in EMS to begin with.)

BUT, it's annoying having him work 7 days a week. There's stuff to be done around the house (stuff I can't do, and keep in mind I mow the lawn -up until this month), that doesn't get done. Why? Because who wants to do a crap load of work around a house when you just get home from work at 4 pm?? He was supposed to take a week off his regular job, but things have been "too busy" there for him to do so.

SO, a WHILE ago, he agreed to quit the pt job come Sept. Today, he calls me to tell me his last day there is Sept. 27th. Really. Sept. 27th. You've given yourself one whole weekend off before the birth of OUR CHILD to get some stuff done -- of course that's IF I don't go BEFORE my due date.

I pride myself on being an independany, non-nagging wife...but ****'s gonna hit the fan when he gets home.

/rant
Sorry Jules. First time moms (especially young ones) tend to go early. I dont know how old you are, but I am willing to bet you'd go a few days early. Looks like you gotta have a "fun" talk with the hubby soon.

Go easy on the guy tho. 7 days a week? HOLY ****.

Old
08-18-2009, 01:46 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Hahah...Snipe..you're funny. Sadly, being that I work with 45 men, I have come accustomed to not play the "hint" games or cloud things with "feelings". So, when I told him when I got pregnant that I wanted him to quit his part time job, I think I was pretty clear. When he said that he would make Aug. his last month, I thought HE was pretty clear.

But, based on his actions and what you're telling me, I guess I have to become the ***** and give him a chore list. YOU'D THINK THE FACT THAT WE CAN'T OPEN THE GARAGE DOOR BECAUSE THE SPRING SNAPPED 3 WEEKS AGO might motivate him to fix it without having it being put on a list. LOL
Chore list? ROFL.

Oh Jules, have fun with that conversation. If you really want to freak him out, send him a text message saying, "We need to talk." and then refuse to answer his messages.

It always drove me nuts. Like COMPLETELY nuts.

Good luck Jules!

Old
08-18-2009, 01:48 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Sorry Jules. First time moms (especially young ones) tend to go early. I dont know how old you are, but I am willing to bet you'd go a few days early. Looks like you gotta have a "fun" talk with the hubby soon.

Go easy on the guy tho. 7 days a week? HOLY ****.
Yeah, again...you think it was like I was nagging him to WORK. We don't need the money from his pt job. It's a hobby he enjoys.

And I'm not a "young" mom...(koff--35-koff), but regardless, you can go anytime from 37 to 42 weeks. I'll be at 37 weeks Sept. 16th. Guess what. He'll still be working.

Old
08-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Chore list? ROFL.

Oh Jules, have fun with that conversation. If you really want to freak him out, send him a text message saying, "We need to talk." and then refuse to answer his messages.

It always drove me nuts. Like COMPLETELY nuts.

Good luck Jules!
Oh, he's WELL AWARE we need to talk. LOL. The conversation ended with me hanging up on him. I NEVER do that. He knows he's in deep ****.

Thanks.. I feel better..LOL. Off to MY job for a meeting.....

Old
08-18-2009, 01:51 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Yeah, again...you think it was like I was nagging him to WORK. We don't need the money from his pt job. It's a hobby he enjoys.

And I'm not a "young" mom...(koff--35-koff), but regardless, you can go anytime from 37 to 42 weeks. I'll be at 37 weeks Sept. 16th. Guess what. He'll still be working.
My mom was 35 when I was born. The due date for me was June 22nd.

I was born on May 22nd. Exactly 1 month early. I was my Mom's first of 2 children.

I won't get into the specifics, but I didn't go home for the first time until mid-June, and I was present at my Mom's babyshower, for me.

Old
08-18-2009, 02:19 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:

I was born on May 22nd. Exactly 1 month early. I was my Mom's first of 2 children.

I won't get into the specifics, but I didn't go home for the first time until mid-June, and I was present at my Mom's babyshower, for me.

The brightest children were born on this day.

Old
08-18-2009, 02:21 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafuccijr View Post
The brightest children were born on this day.

Old
08-18-2009, 02:23 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Jules, recommend you go in with the "I'd appreciate it" approach more than the "you're doing this now" approach. I'd be more likely to listen that way, and I'd assume the same with him. Only use the "you're doing it now" if they're not listening.

Plus that date may have some logic behind it that's out of his control(maybe give them time to find a replacement, train someone else, etc).

Old
08-18-2009, 02:24 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I was born 3 1/2 weeks premmie too. Due Dec. 24, born Nov. 30.

Incubation chamber ain't got **** on me.

Jesus, Irish, that's nuts.

Old
08-18-2009, 02:24 PM
JSTAFF

I got an idea Jules, I understand your just venting, but you probably dont want to take the advice of two 23 year olds. Especially JLHockey, hes been beating it to Peg from Married with Children since he was 12, whats he know?!

Old
08-18-2009, 02:27 PM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Snipe, this has been an entirely entertaining read!

Jules, I understand and (yeah, yeah, I know - we females tend to stick together) I agree with you on this one.

What guys tend to forget is that we can't do a lot of physical work with a belly out to who knows where. And it pisses us off that we have to rely on a man to do it, the same way girly-girls do.

My guess is that hubby didn't think that it was a big deal, because you still have a few weeks left. I don't know what it is with guys, but my husband is the same way. Why leave extra time just in case... in his mind, he'd still have everything done in lots of time anyway. What they don't get is that we have a need (especially when we're pregnant) to make sure everything is ready to go well in advance, just in case.

Old
08-18-2009, 02:27 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
I got an idea Jules, I understand your just venting, but you probably dont want to take the advice of two 23 year olds. Especially JLHockey, hes been beating it to Peg from Married with Children since he was 12, whats he know?!
Oh dear.

Old
08-18-2009, 02:28 PM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Quote:

Now THAT'S one I didn't see coming!

Old
08-18-2009, 02:29 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Snipe, this has been an entirely entertaining read!

Jules, I understand and (yeah, yeah, I know - we females tend to stick together) I agree with you on this one.

What guys tend to forget is that we can't do a lot of physical work with a belly out to who knows where. And it pisses us off that we have to rely on a man to do it, the same way girly-girls do.

My guess is that hubby didn't think that it was a big deal, because you still have a few weeks left. I don't know what it is with guys, but my husband is the same way. Why leave extra time just in case... in his mind, he'd still have everything done in lots of time anyway. What they don't get is that we have a need (especially when we're pregnant) to make sure everything is ready to go well in advance, just in case.
I gave every HF female all the secrets she needs to deal with dudes, it's truth, what can I say?

I would also like to add another popular guy motto.

"Why do today, what I can put off until hell freezes over?"

Old
08-18-2009, 02:31 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
wow

Old
08-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Opus
Boondoggle

vCash: 875
Quote:

/rant
Quick question -- Your gun isn't at home, right?

Quote:
The infamous 'honey-do' list. Gotta love it.

Old
08-18-2009, 02:36 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
It's the voice.

I've got a thing for Fran Drescher too.

Old
08-18-2009, 02:36 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Quick question -- Your gun isn't at home, right?

Quote:
The infamous 'honey-do' list. Gotta love it.
Bleh, I hate that list.

Old
08-18-2009, 02:37 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I was born 3 1/2 weeks premmie too. Due Dec. 24, born Nov. 30.

Incubation chamber ain't got **** on me.

Jesus, Irish, that's nuts.
Yeah I was a premie too .

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
It's the voice.

I've got a thing for Fran Drescher too.
Lolz.

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 08-18-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Closed Thread